Been having fun in the Crucible… *Vid* (Destiny)

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Friday, July 06, 2018, 23:41 (2119 days ago)

Happy Bungie Day, everyone!

I've been having quite a bit of fun in the Crucible with a load-out that I'm pretty happy with:

• Jade Rabbit
  • Traveler's Judgment 5
  • The Wizened Rebuke/Elatha FR-4

So, of course, I made a vid. And it has Daft Punk music because, well, why not? Some of these clips show off the insane distance that these long-range, slow-firing Fusion Rifles are effective at. Super fun.

Enjoy!

Been having fun in the Crucible… *Vid*

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, July 09, 2018, 06:01 (2117 days ago) @ Beorn

I've been having quite a bit of fun in the Crucible with a load-out that I'm pretty happy with:

• Jade Rabbit
  • Traveler's Judgment 5

You guys keep talking about Traveler's Judgement, maybe I should try that out... I can't do Jade rabbit though, failed horribly way too many times.

Good work with the fusion rifle though :D

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Monday, July 09, 2018, 08:35 (2117 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

• Jade Rabbit
  • Traveler's Judgment 5

You guys keep talking about Traveler's Judgement, maybe I should try that out... I can't do Jade rabbit though, failed horribly way too many times.

Good work with the fusion rifle though :D

Yeah, I made it a point to pick up a TJ5 after I saw Beorn using it so often. Definitely recommended. I've been playing Mayhem almost exclusively lately, and TJ5 has actually come in real handy for my Fun Police build at times. Since the Tractor Cannon not only suppresses but also makes your target vulnerable to void burn briefly, I've been able to conserve heavy ammo by blasting my target just once with the Boop Gun, and then swapping to TJ5 to finish them off. It's worked remarkably well.

Elatha FR-4

by breitzen @, Kansas, Monday, July 09, 2018, 08:54 (2117 days ago) @ Beorn

Man, I love this gun.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, July 09, 2018, 11:39 (2117 days ago) @ Beorn

Did anyone record any of those super close wins we had the other day? I had a lot of cool moments to share.. but when I’m playing with friends I often forget to record clips. :(

Here’s a recent one of a Titan doing what Titans do...

I do feel a little sorry for that Hunter... He clearly got his shot off. But... well he was squishy and I wasn’t. Because I’m a Titan. Heck, if I’d known how powerful I was I’d have jumped clear of the small fire tornadoes instead of trying to kill the enemies I’d already dealt with. :(

Help! I’m on fire!

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, July 09, 2018, 21:51 (2116 days ago) @ Beorn
edited by Ragashingo, Monday, July 09, 2018, 22:19

Tonight was a really good night in the Crucible. I thought I was doing pretty good to eek out a 1.92 with 23 kills loss against a team that was mowing down my blueberries

[image]

But then the night got better. Speedracer, SteelGaribaldi, and Dame Untamed were kind enough to join me and just about everything worked!

What made it such a great night? Was it the 1 death, 18.0 efficiency mercy we got on one team?

Yes, sure... that was nice... but I think what really did it was the as close at it could be come from behind win. How close? How does 30 to 67 sound? Not close enough? How about 95 to 99? Still not close enough?! Ok... 99 to 99!

Yeah, that was pretty good... but I think maybe the best part was securing that win and being rewarded with this:

[image]

Oh... and then things fell apart when we tried our luck in going for the 5 Valor streak. Sorry. Correction. They fell apart for the other team, because we won! On Emperor’s Respite no less!

Yes. I called it quits after that! :p

Help! I’m on fire!

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, July 10, 2018, 10:12 (2116 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Yeah, that was pretty good... but I think maybe the best part was securing that win and being rewarded with this:

[image]

Good luck completing that. D2 Jade Rabbit is no D1 Jade Rabbit. I'm pretty sure that catalyst is going to stay uncompleted with me unless it works in Gambit, or with something else that means I won't get shot back at with Graviton Lance or Vigilance Wing.

Help! I’m on fire!

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, July 10, 2018, 10:22 (2116 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Good luck completing that. D2 Jade Rabbit is no D1 Jade Rabbit. I'm pretty sure that catalyst is going to stay uncompleted with me unless it works in Gambit, or with something else that means I won't get shot back at with Graviton Lance or Vigilance Wing.

I find that combining it with a Pro-pipe yields great results. Pop n' swap. I do hope that Jade Rabbit sees a bump back to D1 levels of greatness now that Bungie's okay with actually-powerful exotics besides the MIDA Used-by-tools.

Help! I’m on fire!

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, July 10, 2018, 11:35 (2116 days ago) @ INSANEdrive
edited by Cody Miller, Tuesday, July 10, 2018, 11:47

So… you know what my loadout was 80% of the time in the competitive playlist? Jade Rabbit / Last Hope / Shock and Awe. Jade Rabbit is a pretty good gun for PvP in my opinion.

Also… since D2 came out I have about 500 crucible games. When the hell am I going to get the Vigilance Wing catalyst?

Help! I’m on fire!

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, July 10, 2018, 12:04 (2116 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Also… since D2 came out I have about 500 crucible games. When the hell am I going to get the Vigilance Wing catalyst?

As someone who just achieved the catalyst perk for Vigilance Wing, gotta say, what imagined it would be VS the reality of what it is has been rather underwhelming.

Help! I’m on fire!

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, July 10, 2018, 12:49 (2116 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

[image]

Well, I never used Jade Rabbit in D1, so at the very least I have nothing to compare to. :p

Beorn won me over on the gun a while back though. At first glance, it doesn’t seem that special, but that “body shots do extra precision damage” perk allows you to get kills you might not have otherwise. It’s something like two body shots and a headshot with Jade Rabbit = 3 or 4 normal headshots. It’s subtle compared to some exotics, but if you use it right you find that enemies seem to die a little easier than normal...

Graviton Lance? Vigilance Wing? Pfff. 80 kills. One night.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, July 11, 2018, 10:54 (2115 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

[image]

I tend to drop back on my Eystein-D when I get tried as it’s a little more forgiving, but I am very competivive with The Jade Rabbit even against the Crucible’s top weapons. :)

[image]

Graviton Lance? Vigilance Wing? Pfff. 80 kills. One night.

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, July 11, 2018, 12:17 (2115 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I just got a Jade Rabbit on Monday. I’m going to give it a spin in Iron Banner this week.

Desperado

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, July 09, 2018, 23:07 (2116 days ago) @ Beorn

So the Claymore takes a bit of getting used to. It's not AS bad as I thought, but it's definitely better on some maps than others. When you get to chaining Desperado clips, it gets pretty fun.

This is straight up insane

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, July 10, 2018, 14:28 (2116 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, July 10, 2018, 11:42 (2116 days ago) @ Beorn

• Jade Rabbit
  • Traveler's Judgment 5

As a warlock, get off the ground with your sidearm! They have pretty good in air accuracy, and you can just glide and shoot. If you are above your enemy looking down, their head is the majority of the cross section too! If you start hitting them and they don't know where you are or they have to look up to find you… you're probably going to win the gunfight. Taking my sidearm game to the air really helped me improve.

Fusion Rifles though? Feet firmly planted!

I'll have to give that a try

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Wednesday, July 11, 2018, 10:18 (2115 days ago) @ Cody Miller

As a warlock, get off the ground with your sidearm! They have pretty good in air accuracy, and you can just glide and shoot. If you are above your enemy looking down, their head is the majority of the cross section too! If you start hitting them and they don't know where you are or they have to look up to find you… you're probably going to win the gunfight. Taking my sidearm game to the air really helped me improve.

I've learned to shy away from firing mid-air in D2. I'll have to make a concerted effort to try raining doom and destruction from above.

Yes. Floof for me. FLOOF FOR ME!!!

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, July 11, 2018, 10:24 (2115 days ago) @ Beorn

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread