After 3 years, the Bungie Podcast is back! (Destiny)

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, September 24, 2013, 11:13 (3865 days ago)

The Bungie Podcast has been posted! Go Listen!

I am so glad they kept the intro

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Tuesday, September 24, 2013, 11:35 (3865 days ago) @ Xenos

It's modified for Destiny, of course, but the tune was just too good to pass up. Nice job, Jake!

Also, Urk says 2 years, 8 months, 22 days. :)

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, September 24, 2013, 11:37 (3865 days ago) @ Beorn

Urk says 2 years, 8 months, 22 days. :)

Eh, close enough :)

by DeeJ ⌂, Bungie, Tuesday, September 24, 2013, 11:43 (3865 days ago) @ Beorn

How the hell did you connect those dots?

Nothing gets past DBO!

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, September 24, 2013, 11:49 (3865 days ago) @ DeeJ
edited by Xenos, Tuesday, September 24, 2013, 12:48

- No text -

Dunces.Bungie.Org: We think good!

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Tuesday, September 24, 2013, 12:47 (3865 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

Dunces.Bungie.Org: We think good!

by broony, Tuesday, September 24, 2013, 12:59 (3865 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

Fantastic to have the podcast back. Interesting to hear about the competitive approach to ammo vs power weapons. Totally makes sense.

Things that stuck out to me

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, September 24, 2013, 14:02 (3865 days ago) @ Xenos

The guns I heard talked about that I hadn't heard about before:
The Last Word (apparently shown at GDC?) - some kind of revolver
The Hardlight

Confirmed my theory: you can have extra weapons in your inventory, they just aren't easily accessible while in combat.

In recent builds no one has the same gun. Worded to suggest it's because there are so many cool weapons. Very excited about this. I can't wait to fall in love with a gun for the first time.

Multiplayer map flow is based on ammo placement instead of weapon placement since you'll carry weapons with you at all times. Three different types of ammo based on weapon slot. Interesting, but makes sense.

Sounds like there are three basic types of primary rifles: Scout rifle (1 shot rifle, like DMR), pulse rifle, and assualt/auto rifle

Cool list. Just starting to listen to it now. :)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, September 24, 2013, 15:11 (3865 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

by marmot 1333 @, Tuesday, September 24, 2013, 15:18 (3865 days ago) @ Xenos

A throwaway, but I chuckled:

"You can snipe from the revenant."
(quietly) "That's Jason Jones' fault."

bwahahahahahaha

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, September 24, 2013, 16:58 (3865 days ago) @ marmot 1333

That magnetism was really cool, though

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, September 24, 2013, 15:49 (3865 days ago) @ Xenos

Now that was a podcast. Good, detailed interviews. Lots of interesting talk, a brilliant new theme song, and even a big reveal!

Multiplayer map flow is based on ammo placement instead of weapon placement since you'll carry weapons with you at all times. Three different types of ammo based on weapon slot. Interesting, but makes sense.

Indeed. It seems like an obvious solution now that I've heard it. I do find it interesting that using alien weapons hasn't really even been hinted at yet, but surely that's possible?

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, September 24, 2013, 16:03 (3865 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I do find it interesting that using alien weapons hasn't really even been hinted at yet, but surely that's possible?

With Bungie's game design I would be shocked if you can't use alien weapons, I'm really hoping they are just holding out on showing us because they're really cool.

by ncsuDuncan @, Tuesday, September 24, 2013, 16:39 (3865 days ago) @ Xenos

The Last Word (apparently shown at GDC?) - some kind of revolver

[image]

I'm guessing it's the one at the very top left.

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Monday, September 30, 2013, 22:10 (3859 days ago) @ Xenos

That's very interesting.... There were several maps (or more?) in Halo 1 that had ammo on them, then only a few in Halo 2 had ammo (off the top of my head just Coagulation and Ivory Tower with their boxes of rockets), and then Halo 3 didn't have it at all (IIRC some of the tags and models existed and could be modded in though). I wonder if they did one of those "taking a broad look back" things they do from time to time and decided to bring this back.

Sounds like there are three basic types of primary rifles: Scout rifle (1 shot rifle, like DMR), pulse rifle, and assualt/auto rifle

OK, three types of rifles, three types of ammo... but how do weapons like the rocket launcher fit into this? Didn't they say one or two of the weapons they've shown are explosive weapons? This also doesn't cover the usage of techno-magic abilities-- well, presumably.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, September 30, 2013, 22:56 (3859 days ago) @ General Vagueness

OK, three types of rifles, three types of ammo... but how do weapons like the rocket launcher fit into this? Didn't they say one or two of the weapons they've shown are explosive weapons? This also doesn't cover the usage of techno-magic abilities-- well, presumably.

No.

Three types of weapons: Primary (which includes the rifles mentioned) Speciality (seems to include things like sniper rifles and shotguns) and heavy (rocket launchers, electrified belt fed machine guns, etc). So multiplayer lets you bring all the weapons you own but keeping them fed is what will keep players cycling around the maps.

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 16:03 (3858 days ago) @ Ragashingo

No.

Three types of weapons: Primary (which includes the rifles mentioned) Speciality (seems to include things like sniper rifles and shotguns) and heavy (rocket launchers, electrified belt fed machine guns, etc). So multiplayer lets you bring all the weapons you own but keeping them fed is what will keep players cycling around the maps.

I get that concept, I was just wondering how those weapons fit in.
I doubt all of the alien weaponry will use these three types of ammo too. I mean, regardless of whether they've been modified by other species, the weapons aren't all human-made, right?
I'm also wondering what having only a few types of ammo means for ammo limitations and reloading.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread