Thanks for carrying my dad! (Fireteam Builder Events)

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Wednesday, August 01, 2018, 08:43 (2066 days ago)

A salute for those joining to carry my dad
[image]

Korny helping run my dad through some gauntlet drills
[image]
I ended up making multiple mistakes and my dad made 0.

Success! (not pictured, me and Korny)
[image]

Thanks for carrying my dad!

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, August 01, 2018, 09:00 (2066 days ago) @ kidtsunami

No problem! I had a lot of fun, and, all things considered, we breezed through it.

If he wants to do it again, make another event. There was a lot of him just sort of standing around and following directions (which is fine, I think that’s a totally valid first raid experience just to become familiar with what’s happening). If he’s interested in doing more and trying to actually learn the encounters and why things are happening, I am totally willing to devote some time to that. If he’s not, that’s cool too, and I hope he had a good time last night!

Sorry i wasn't able to help

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Wednesday, August 01, 2018, 09:27 (2066 days ago) @ kidtsunami

But glad it worked out!

by breitzen @, Kansas, Wednesday, August 01, 2018, 13:31 (2066 days ago) @ kidtsunami

Calus went surprisingly smooth! Despite my attempts to ruin it by dying!

[image]

Oh no I totally blocked Tiger! Sorry!

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, August 01, 2018, 13:43 (2066 days ago) @ breitzen

[image]

You and your Cantaloupe Couch!!

by breitzen @, Kansas, Wednesday, August 01, 2018, 15:57 (2065 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

You and your Cantaloupe Couch!!

It’s super comfy!

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Thursday, August 02, 2018, 06:46 (2065 days ago) @ breitzen

[image]

No worries. I thought you'd be low enough on the couch that I'd be visible - now I know next time to make sure I'm standing to the side!

You can see my feet from there!

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Thursday, August 02, 2018, 06:44 (2065 days ago) @ kidtsunami

You're welcome. It was a blast! We mostly gave your dad all the easiest parts, but I bet he could have handled more. So when are we going to try carrying him through the Raid Lair?

You can see my feet from there!

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Thursday, August 02, 2018, 11:05 (2065 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

You're welcome. It was a blast! We mostly gave your dad all the easiest parts, but I bet he could have handled more. So when are we going to try carrying him through the Raid Lair?

Yeah maybe in a month.

We did a really good job managing his weaker abilities. For example, I've watched him struggle with the first mission on Titan because of the difficulty of the jumps.

Also TMoney did a great job handling left throne by himself while helping me with the punching. Otherwise I'm fairly confident my dad would have been wiped out pretty quickly.

And yeah, as I told Claude last night, I'm deeply indebted to this community, it was amazing having the opportunity to share experience with my dad.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, August 02, 2018, 16:45 (2064 days ago) @ kidtsunami

He caught on to what you were telling him super quick. The only times he had an issue was that time that he was only given info on the first part of the Baths, and was never told that we had to go to the middle. Even I didn't catch that he was missing that info (I guess we all take it as a given at this point).

I find it easier to learn a raid thing if you know what the final objective is first, and working your way backwards from there, that way the first part is freshest in your mind...

[image]

Wish I could have seen it through to the end! Honestly, I thought I'd only be able to run the initial Castellum, but Sammy was caught up at work, which bought us an hour (and Breitzen some Solstice work). It was great! Thanks again for the invite. Be sure to tell dad that we all had a great time!

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Thursday, August 02, 2018, 17:20 (2064 days ago) @ Korny

He caught on to what you were telling him super quick. The only times he had an issue was that time that he was only given info on the first part of the Baths, and was never told that we had to go to the middle. Even I didn't catch that he was missing that info (I guess we all take it as a given at this point).

I find it easier to learn a raid thing if you know what the final objective is first, and working your way backwards from there, that way the first part is freshest in your mind...

Yeah, the past few times I've visited my parents I've offered to give my dad a run through of the raid. So he's definitely seen it before, just hasn't been in the driver's seat.

It really helped that everyone was in on supporting him. People were giving great direction and otherwise just nailing their own jobs while supporting me and my dad, it was awesome.

[image]

Wish I could have seen it through to the end! Honestly, I thought I'd only be able to run the initial Castellum, but Sammy was caught up at work, which bought us an hour (and Breitzen some Solstice work). It was great! Thanks again for the invite. Be sure to tell dad that we all had a great time!

Yeah I'll let him know! Was super glad we had you for when you were there. Breitzen was a great sub and picked up right where you left off. I can't imagine anything going more smoothly.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread