Crucible and Milestones (Criticism)

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, August 07, 2018, 17:48 (2088 days ago)

So I wanted to play Mayhem for my Solstice Armor.

I can't, because I've never bothered to play Crucible on my Titan (which is my fifth Destiny 2 character).

It's not a big deal, I'll just play the stupid matches to open up full Crucible access. But it's stupid that I should have to. It's just an asinine decision. Bungie really should reconsider how they treat second and third characters.

Crucible and Milestones

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, August 07, 2018, 17:51 (2088 days ago) @ cheapLEY

In a similar but opposite vein... I cringe every time I see a character below level 10 or so in the Crucible. I think if you're gonna be supporting me you should at least earn a high enough level to use all your powers...

Crucible and Milestones

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, August 07, 2018, 17:59 (2088 days ago) @ Ragashingo

In a similar but opposite vein... I cringe every time I see a character below level 10 or so in the Crucible. I think if you're gonna be supporting me you should at least earn a high enough level to use all your powers...

In Quickplay that wouldn't be so bad, but the game forces you to play Competitive! And that milestone opens up really early in the campaign.

On the plus side, I bought the Service Revolver from Zavala the other day, and it's tons of fun to use! It's better than I would have anticipated. I was going toe to toe with folks using the normal Scout Rifles, and I was holding my own at close range with it against Antiopes.

Crucible and Milestones

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, August 07, 2018, 18:13 (2088 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Yeah, someone mentioned it being good the other day. I’ll have to try it soon.

Zavala's Service Revolver rules.

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, August 07, 2018, 19:07 (2088 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I've been having tons of fun with this thing, and I did not expect it to be a decent choice in Crucible.

Obviously, I'd have been destroyed by better players, but here's a quick clip of it in action.

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/cheapley/video/57909394

Nice.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, August 07, 2018, 19:42 (2088 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, August 08, 2018, 07:15 (2087 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I've been having tons of fun with this thing, and I did not expect it to be a decent choice in Crucible.

Obviously, I'd have been destroyed by better players, but here's a quick clip of it in action.

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/cheapley/video/57909394

I was running strikes with it last night, and eventually switched back to Better Devils... but I think the problem was me, and not the gun. It fires quite a bit faster than BD, but I wasn't taking advantage of that, because muscle memory was pacing shots at BD rates. Watching your video reminded me that of course, at a slower pace, it's not going to be able to keep up with the workhorse that has explosive rounds... but that I wasn't giving it a chance by not utilizing its faster option.

Thanks! I'll try it again (maybe even in Crucible). ;)

by Oholiab @, Wednesday, August 08, 2018, 12:45 (2087 days ago) @ Claude Errera

but I think the problem was me, and not the gun. It fires quite a bit faster than BD, but I wasn't taking advantage of that, because muscle memory was pacing shots at BD rates.

Last night I FINALLY hit rank 40 with Zavala and immediately picked up this gun. I had the same experience - it took a while to overcome the muscle memory of other HC pacing. It felt more like a sidearm IMO. I need to give it some more time before I say whether or not it will replace Old Fashioned as my kinetic (primary? what are we calling guns in the top slot that use white ammo??) of choice.

Does anyone else use Annual Skate regularly? There's something about that HC that I really like - it feels smooth and the firing pace is spot on for me. I have three - one for each damage type. Interestingly, they are all masterworked in different ways which makes them feel unique.

by Harmanimus @, Wednesday, August 08, 2018, 13:01 (2087 days ago) @ Oholiab

Kinetic (Slot); Primary/Special (Ammo)
Energy (Slot); Primary/Special (Ammo)
Power (Slot); Heavy (Ammo)

I think it will start coming more naturally once folk start playing with it.

Helpful - thanks!

by Oholiab @, Wednesday, August 08, 2018, 13:04 (2087 days ago) @ Harmanimus

- No text -

Best HC in the game, IMO. I bought 3 :)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, August 08, 2018, 09:46 (2087 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread