I saw the Dumbest Crucible play last night & need to share. (Criticism)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, September 01, 2018, 09:41 (2056 days ago)
edited by INSANEdrive, Saturday, September 01, 2018, 09:56

Last night, in spite consent attempts both here, after games where the teams seemed to gel well, and... *eh*... LFG to get a group to play with me in the Competitive Crucible mode, I was unable to garner any interest. Which sucks. Alot. :(

As a result last night, it was lone wolf plus randoms all night, and I was able to witness a play SO stupid SO incompetent, that I simply must share in hopes my brain will let me forget about it. It has to be one of the very few times I've ever yelled at my TV.

[image]

The game was Survival, where you have 6 lives total as a team, on Solitude. My team was, as I recall, One Arcstrider Hunter (me), Dawnblade Warlock, and Two Shield Titans. I don't recall our opponents as well, but I think it was two Hammer Titans and two Arcstrider Hunters. The game started out really weak for my team. That all changed when the other team started using their supers... poorly. I recall laughing, yet if only I knew. We rally back and tie the game 3 Wins for Us and 3 Wins for Them. Next win was for all the chips, winner take all.

The game plays out and it ends up being a 1 V 2 affair. Yet all is not lost, as our last man still has his super. The other surviving team does not at all, and won't any time soon (which is why we were 3 down). They were crowding around "Platform", holding the spot where the heavy was going to spawn shortly. Our Titan SPRINGS into action... full sprint into their direction, once he reaches the connecting tunnel he LETS OUT HIS GLORIOUS SHIELD SUPER! ... ??? It's a bubble????!?!?!

Our lone player readies a shotgun.

Me at this point:*HEADDESK*

"WHY WOULD YOU USE A PURELY DEFENSIVE SUPER ON AN OFFENSIVE PLAY!" I recall yelling at my TV. All this guy had to do was go all Capt.'Murica and throw his shield. THEY WERE IN AN ENCLOSED SPACE! With WALLS and everything!

...sigh...

The opponents look at each other... and wait. What I witness then must be some of the most awkward moments of stillness in a multiplayer game I have ever seen. They just... stare at one another. He then walks out of his bubble, kills one player, only to get salted by the other player. Game ends. Curtains. *HEADDESK*

This ended a streak I had. That too.

I'm laughing about it now as I write this, but... man.

And that my fellow DBOers, is the Dumbest Crucible play I've ever seen.

I saw the Dumbest Crucible play last night & need to share.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, September 05, 2018, 08:08 (2052 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I haven't done this exact thing, but I have definitely ran into a group of guys jump high in the air and hit my super to realize it's actually hammers and I get mowed down before I can draw my arm back. Feels about the same :D

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread