The Forsaken Posse – AHESPE Update (1)! (Fireteam Builder Events)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, September 02, 2018, 09:41 (2056 days ago)

Greetings.

To my fellow guardians of the last city, I report to you about a recent event with a mad hunter, who recently echoed his nonsense upon these tower wallls. I am happy to tell you, that my fireteam brother in arms and leader of the Hunters, Cade, is very much alive and well. As I quote from him...“reports of his death, are greatly exaggerated”. And I would have it no other way.

As for this mad hunter, we are unsure exactly what transpired to cause this poor hunter to lose what mind he had. While only at this point supposition, we suspect during a mission against the hive, some known or unknown hive ritual may have tainted his ghost. As a result, as we work to figure out what happened to a fellow guardian, and in protection of this last, great city, we have put the guardian into quarantine. To that end, we would like to thank Lakshmi-2 for her surprise interest in this guardian and assisting us with quarantine. Furthermore, we have put a temporary stay on all orders against the hive until we can rule out the possibility of the hive and its actions upon this guardian as mentioned. Do not interact with the hive unless attacked.

We have one final note, which is being delivered through our vanguard channel by Cade who needs...

Yep, that's me, I’m Cade,  I’m that hunter guy that that… crazy guy mentioned.

[Whisper] Nice speech Zavala, I got this.[/Whisper]

So look. I’m-not-dead. And that’s good, that’s very very good. And I would like to stay not dead. Not dead is the best dead, because it’s not dead. Ya see! It’s a good thing… why do I sound like a tangerine?  I digress.  Anyway, I’ve got a situation, totally handled! Totally. Handled. There is no problem, but… it’s good to have the right cards, and those cards need to be Hunters. It’s nothing personal, I just need a group that I already know. This is not an order, this is a personal deal for me, it’s my stuff and I'd like it if you could help me with possibly shooting at... that… stuff.  It’s not dangerous stuff, but it will try to kill you. SO there is that. Also bring guns, also important. That’s it, if you are interested, speak to Zavala, and he’ll show you the next steps. Oh! And if anyone is up for this, it has to be decided in the next 48 hours. Alight, now I’m done… I forget, how do I turn this thing off… *tap* *tap*  maybe if I just give it a swing *thawck* *thawck**thak*.

(To Himself: I think he broke it a-gain. Ter-rific.)

That is all guardians. Hunters, if you are interested, please report to me within the designated 48 hours.

Dismissed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

TL;DR - Still no sign ups! What's the problem here!?! Come on!

The Forsaken Posse – AHESPE Update (1)!

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, September 02, 2018, 10:58 (2056 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

TL;DR - Still no sign ups! What's the problem here!?! Come on!

Honestly, I'm just not interested. I want to experience it alone first.

Okey doke! Thank you for the honesty.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, September 02, 2018, 11:01 (2056 days ago) @ cheapLEY

There are few-ish things worst on the internet than dead silence on a post.

No Hunter to run, plus its 11 on a weekday, I got work

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Sunday, September 02, 2018, 11:22 (2056 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

Which is why...

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, September 02, 2018, 17:53 (2055 days ago) @ CougRon

... I said in the bottom of the first post "That means if you would like to do this, and the time isn't right for you - say so dang it!"

I suppose that doesn't matter, since you've already mentioned you're not up with the hunter idea CougRon. And look, hey, do what you got to do.

I only have a time because the Fireteam Builder requires it. I don't need a freeking appointment, I just want to play with my fellow clan mates. We all have our own lives with our own shades of shit and nonsense, so if we have to sync watches then say something and let's find out if we can make it work. Destiny of any number is better with team mates, I mean I'm not mentioning anything new here.

Shoot, I'm also going to throw into this post something directed far more generally, then hopefully... possibly, I'll shut up about it for the time being.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have to admit, I was hoping for a little more collaboration, like we had seen recently with Solstice of Heroes, and even with the highly successful (thanks to a certain robot poultry) 9 man Escalation Protocall. I was hoping there would be some of you, any of you, who would be up for a little D & D Destiny layer on top of the biggest launch event since Taken King.

A team of hunters, synced shaders, possibly synced supers, throw a minor D & D story for good measure. I'm talken a space westerns. A trio of Good, Bad and Ugly. The Forsaken Posse. Some 50's western...

...something.

Have added fun on top of a very rare occurrence. Get the look down and really go ham on the whole destiny experience thing. Blind-raid? NAH!? Blind-Story! Now we're talk'en! It's all about a group in sync. That's the fun. You get to be bigger then yourself, if for a moment.

Or... maybe we have less Hunters here than I recall for the Xbox. I mean, we have an average 98 people on our Xbox "Clan" and not one was really up for it. I... don't even know. Maybe I'm more socially inept then I even know, or maybe I'm surrounded by purists or something. Whatever. That's what I get for trying I guess. Silence. I guess I should be used to it.

What a fucking bummer.

Oh well. It's super minor, and I guess we'll have no choice but to see what Bungie has in store for us WITHOUT syncing shaders. *Sigh*... then like... whats the point!? :P

Which is why...

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, September 02, 2018, 18:45 (2055 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Or... maybe we have less Hunters here than I recall for the Xbox. I mean, we have an average 98 people on our Xbox "Clan" and not one was really up for it. I... don't even know. Maybe I'm more socially inept then I even know, or maybe I'm surrounded by purists or something. Whatever. That's what I get for trying I guess. Silence. I guess I should be used to it.

I don't think it has anything to do with you personally.

I think that a lot of people here prefer playing solo through new story missions. We can all agree to be quiet when dialogue is happening, but we know that doesn't matter all the time--something will get talked over. And, for me, it's an atmosphere and mood thing. I just want to be absorbed in the world, and that's hard for me to do when I'm in a party with others.

Give it a week, and I'm sure we'll all be playing together again. You gave the good examples of this community coming together, tackling Solstice, tackling EP. That's not gone. Hell, we got a squad together to play Gambit for a bit just yesterday. We'll all be around in full force soon, I'm sure. But new story content is something that happens rarely in Destiny, and I intend to make the most of it--for me (and for lots of others, I suspect), that means playing it alone.

Which is why...

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Monday, September 03, 2018, 00:27 (2055 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I’m willing but I don’t have a Hunter. I never said I don’t want a Hunter. I could just never find the time to slog through the story in the main line and two dlcs again and I don’t think I’m doing it before Tuesday. Solstice was the first serious destiny time I had done since the warmind campaign, and even my warlock is only part way through the first dlc. I could never find people who wanted to do the campaign again on my schedule. The few times I tried the fire teams went with others or no one else showed up at the appointed. I have heard rumors, but have not seen confirmation , that there is a starter orb similar to one found occasionally in d1 that allows one to bring a character to a power level able to play Forsaken content. That would allow me to finally bring my d1 Hunter forward and join the fireteam. I’m generally on sometime after 6pm pacific (depending on work) which is well outside your time given, over 7 hours. Usually anyone still on after that time has a full fireteam and not doing story anymore.

I love the idea, but I always solo the first run-through

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Sunday, September 02, 2018, 18:37 (2055 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

^this

by Robot Chickens, Monday, September 03, 2018, 07:57 (2055 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

- No text -

^Second this.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, September 03, 2018, 09:11 (2055 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

- No text -

^Third this.*

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, September 03, 2018, 09:24 (2055 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

I mean, with Sammy, obviously. I’ll go weeks without finishing the story mode until Sammy and I can finish it together (see, Curse of Osiris).

Me too... unless on one my kids wants to tag team it

by Oholiab @, Monday, September 03, 2018, 19:56 (2054 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

- No text -

The Forsaken Posse – AHESPE Update (1)!

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Sunday, September 02, 2018, 18:53 (2055 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I’m in the same boat as others have already expressed; first time through a campaign is a “me and the game” experience. I like to go at my own pace, focus on taking in all the new details, etc.

This event market research has been noted.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, September 03, 2018, 10:01 (2055 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I, like the rest of you, tend to play it by myself too. This is often because it's simply easier to do. The reasoning's given are practically 1:1 with myself all in all. The one time I didn't was... I think, goodness it's so hazy now, isn't that awful... in Halo 3. Back when Co-Op online was still relatively new. I recall having a pretty solid time, through that was different group long since moved on.

But alright. Established preference overrules potential new experiences. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I guess we don't trust one another enough, or gel well enough to interact with something so... intimate? I guess? To shut up when to shut up on the first go, or whatever it is that we do in our collective heads when we go through a story? Fine. I get it. I've received those Xbox Live Battle-scars myself so-to-speek, so I get it.

Still a shame though.

I've canceled/deleted the event (Thank you Funkmon & Cougron for your tentative sign ups) & This event market research has been noted.

Thank you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The Forsaken Posse

Time is Tentative. Play by ear. With that all said...

The Rules of this Story Group:

1. Hunters Only - Cayde-6 has not only selected us for a mission, but he will be joining us personally. We don't need any thinky Warlocks, or less thinky Titans to mess things up. In fact, with Cayde-6 at our side, there is only one guarantee; All fools will be dead by the end of this mission.

2. We play this by ear, but when the gameplay stops, stop talking. Turning on subtitles might be a good idea too.

3. Have Fun!

4. ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)(Sync Shaders? &) Look Frabjous... already in progress.(☞゚ヮ゚)☞

5. Have Fun!

6. Have Fun!

7. Seriously ya'll, if you're in the moment - go for it. This isn't some formal event. If you want to role play the moment, then do so. Let's have fun! (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread