The End? Mailsack Sept 27, 2013 (Destiny)

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, September 27, 2013, 16:28 (3856 days ago)

Bungie has posted the LAST Mailsack! Go read it!

Bungie Weekly Update starting again next week!

by GrizzNKev, Down the street from Microsoft, Friday, September 27, 2013, 16:29 (3856 days ago) @ Xenos
edited by GrizzNKev, Friday, September 27, 2013, 16:36

It’s my pleasure to bend to popular demand for the second time in one week. First, we revived the Bungie Podcast. Next, we’ll unseal the hushed casket and put the Bungie Weekly update back into service.

The Mail Sack has had a good run. We’ve brought you along on a march that has taken us through a valley of darkness. The more we indulge in these Q&A’s, the more we seem to talk about Destiny. With a brighter light shining on this creation, we felt it was time to be more official about giving you updates.

If you’re a fan of the Mail Sack, have no fear. Bungie isn’t about to stop listening to you. We never have. If you’ve been here for the duration of this postal campaign, we thank you for keeping us company while we’ve been at work. If you joined us in progress, we’ll only pick up more speed from here on out.

That, along with other hints, was revealed in today's mail sack.

That’s it for this week. Next, you may want to turn your gaze to the stars. We’ve been busy.

Stay tuned.

The only thing I could guess is that it's a trailer with a release date, as well as a press release with pre-order stuff.

Edit: You beat me to posting the thread by a few seconds, Xenos.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, September 27, 2013, 17:09 (3856 days ago) @ GrizzNKev

Yeah, he does that... When I let him :p

by urk, Friday, September 27, 2013, 17:20 (3856 days ago) @ GrizzNKev

The only thing I could guess is that it's a trailer with a release date, as well as a >press release with pre-order stuff.

Man, you guys used to be so good at this stuff.

by DeeJ ⌂, Bungie, Friday, September 27, 2013, 17:21 (3856 days ago) @ urk

I know. Pretty slow on the uptake.

Still shaking off the rust a bit, I guess.

by GrimBrother IV, Sunday, September 29, 2013, 06:07 (3855 days ago) @ DeeJ

- No text -

by GrizzNKev, Down the street from Microsoft, Friday, September 27, 2013, 17:21 (3856 days ago) @ urk

I'm being optimistic. Okay, fine. You're revealing this year's christmas cards early.

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Sunday, September 29, 2013, 10:15 (3855 days ago) @ GrizzNKev

I'm being optimistic. Okay, fine. You're revealing this year's christmas cards early.

Clearly, "turn your gaze to the stars" means an expose on ship-to-ship space combat.

Or interviews with some of Destiny's top-shelf voice talent.

Or 5,000 words on skyboxes.

~M

Perhaps a more literal approach

by HiredN00bs ⌂ @, Silver Spring, MD, Sunday, September 29, 2013, 12:46 (3855 days ago) @ Malagate

October 3 - Uranus at Opposition. The blue-green planet will be at its closest approach to Earth and its face will be fully illuminated by the Sun. This is the best time to view Uranus. Due to its distance, it will only appear as a tiny blue-green dot in all but the most powerful telescopes.

http://www.seasky.org/astronomy/astronomy-calendar-current.html

ViDoc on Thursday?

Perhaps a more literal approach

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Sunday, September 29, 2013, 13:47 (3854 days ago) @ HiredN00bs

...and its face will be fully illuminated by the Sun. This is the best time to view Uranus.

My mind is still 14 years old at times. Trust me, I'm trying to get past it.

I like what you have here! There's also the Mercury event on the 9th, and the Penumbral Lunar Eclipse on the 18th. I wonder if the date/astronomical event is relevant to the information we will get, if we in fact get any solid information :)

CONFIRMED.

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Friday, September 27, 2013, 17:35 (3856 days ago) @ urk

Nathan Fillion voices one of the main characters after recording his lines from the ISS.

by Claude Errera @, Friday, September 27, 2013, 18:34 (3856 days ago) @ GrizzNKev

That’s it for this week. Next, you may want to turn your gaze to the stars. We’ve been busy.

Stay tuned.

The only thing I could guess is that it's a trailer with a release date, as well as a press release with pre-order stuff.

I wondered whether the background image for b.net had changed... but it doesn't seem to be different.

However, when I was looking at image info for the site, I ran across this picture; it's called 'invsmchn_article.jpg'. I can't remember seeing it before, but it's named as though a standard blog article was published with it. Anyone remember which one?

[image]

by Hedge ⌂, Australia, Friday, September 27, 2013, 18:44 (3856 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Thank you, sir!

by Claude Errera @, Friday, September 27, 2013, 20:44 (3856 days ago) @ Hedge

- No text -

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, September 27, 2013, 22:06 (3856 days ago) @ Claude Errera

In the same vein I went and checked Alpha Lupi, but it still says: "Array operating in historical mode only."

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, September 27, 2013, 21:14 (3856 days ago) @ GrizzNKev

Yeah, I'm kind of a freak of nature.

THRALL.

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Friday, September 27, 2013, 19:16 (3856 days ago) @ Xenos

Where are the Wights? I wants to see them.

~M

THRALL.

by zumphry ⌂ @, Friday, September 27, 2013, 22:26 (3856 days ago) @ Malagate

Where are the Wights? I wants to see them.

~M

They're still in Halo:

[image]

...but at least Fetch have come along for Destiny!

[image]

I hope this means there's satchel charges and a "drunken surly-ness" Traveler ability!

Or a tie-in with some PepsiCo owned brewery so you can emulate said drunken surly-ness..

Or at least a public event that's an homage to Galaga.

Devil Walkers...

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Saturday, September 28, 2013, 12:55 (3856 days ago) @ Xenos

"...discovered new ways to express their inner pain."

Very intriguing....

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread