Crucible is fun! (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Friday, September 14, 2018, 22:40 (2044 days ago)

I'm not an experienced enough Crucible player to really be able to dig into why, but I really enjoy the new Crucible.

For context, I very strongly disliked D1 Crucible--it was too chaotic, and I was bad at it. I liked D2 Crucible more. It felt closer to my Halo roots, and I was okay, but still not great, and I ended up not playing it very much.

Korny and I only played four games tonight, but I had a blast, and I'm eager for more. I only saw a single Graviton Lance, and I never felt like I was getting killed out of nowhere. I saw such a huge variety of guns being used. Hand cannons, shotguns, bows, fusion rifles, auto rifles. I think I saw one of everything at some point.

I experimented with using a bow. It's fun, but I'm bad at it. I used my Go Figure with an IKELOS shotgun for a bit, and that worked extremely well. Go Figure works very well. But then I found my true love of a loadout. The Toil and Trouble shotgun with Smoothbore (this thing has some range), and Trust. It really is the Service Revolver replacement I was hoping it was. Trust rules in the Crucible. It's just a blast to use, and it hits harder than it feels like it should.

How hare folks feeling about Crucible now? I was hesitant to see a return to 6v6, but I think it works well with the weapon changes and the variety I saw tonight.

I need to play some games this weekend. Look for me.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Saturday, September 15, 2018, 05:27 (2044 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

Crucible is fun!

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Saturday, September 15, 2018, 07:14 (2044 days ago) @ cheapLEY

How hare folks feeling about Crucible now? I was hesitant to see a return to 6v6, but I think it works well with the weapon changes and the variety I saw tonight.

Teamshooting is dead!
Sure, it's still super effective, but very few teams do it anymore, since everyone can now try to be their own hero, so you see far more aggressive plays, more gutsy flanking maneuvers, and in general, much more variety.

I can't remember the last time I saw a MIDA since the update!

Last night, I don't know if I used the previous match's loadout in a single game, but I still had loads of fun, and I never felt like my loadout was putting me at a disadvantage (save for when I was trying out that terrible scout rifle on the Clovis map).

Fun stuff!

Also, this moment:

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/kornymunky/video/60399826

Crucible is fun!

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, September 15, 2018, 10:24 (2044 days ago) @ Korny

We should try Trials when it comes back!

Please!!!!

by TheeChaos @, Saturday, September 15, 2018, 11:46 (2043 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I was thinking about making a post. Most people that still play on PS4 could care less about hardcore pvp. . No announcement on its return but count me in!

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread