Collections fail (Criticism)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, September 22, 2018, 11:02 (2014 days ago)
edited by Cody Miller, Saturday, September 22, 2018, 11:05

It frustrates me when Bungie has a good idea then self sabotages it.

Collections are a rad idea. An easy way to keep track of gear and keep vault space clear. But if you hover over a year two item you get "Gear with random rolls cannot be acquired from collections". WHAT?! Everything in year two has random rolls. That means collections are worthless for most year two gear.

Why is this so hard? Have an option to 'set collections blueprint' for a piece of gear you have. Boom. Now the rolls on that weapon are set in the collections blueprint, and that's what you can reacquire. If you want to keep alternative rolls you use the vault. You can always use the command to set a new blueprint later if you want.

Blah blah I'm so smart the solution is easy etc, no its not you're not a programmer, thread derailed etc etc

Collections fail

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, September 22, 2018, 12:28 (2014 days ago) @ Cody Miller

They have already said they are actively working on a solution for that, they just couldn’t get it done for Forsaken’s launch.

Collections fail

by Harmanimus @, Saturday, September 22, 2018, 18:06 (2014 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I always preferred the suggestion that you can reacquire the same roll as the last one you broke down.

Collections fail

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Monday, September 24, 2018, 12:22 (2012 days ago) @ Cody Miller

It frustrates me when Bungie has a good idea then self sabotages it.

Collections are a rad idea. An easy way to keep track of gear and keep vault space clear. But if you hover over a year two item you get "Gear with random rolls cannot be acquired from collections". WHAT?! Everything in year two has random rolls. That means collections are worthless for most year two gear.

Why is this so hard? Have an option to 'set collections blueprint' for a piece of gear you have. Boom. Now the rolls on that weapon are set in the collections blueprint, and that's what you can reacquire. If you want to keep alternative rolls you use the vault. You can always use the command to set a new blueprint later if you want.

Blah blah I'm so smart the solution is easy etc, no its not you're not a programmer, thread derailed etc etc

I had a furrowed brow about this too. Wasn't one of the QoL updates talking about, once it's in your collection you can dismantle it then just buy it back later? But then...all the stuff you said. So what's the point of collections other than just showing what you have?

Collections fail

by Harmanimus @, Monday, September 24, 2018, 12:39 (2012 days ago) @ ManKitten

To ease up on Vault space for Y1 gear, cosmetics, Sparrows, and ships. P sure that’s the first and foremost. 500 spaces to play with, especially with the mod changes means you have a lot more room for Y2 rolls.

Collections fail

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Monday, September 24, 2018, 12:44 (2012 days ago) @ Harmanimus

To ease up on Vault space for Y1 gear, cosmetics, Sparrows, and ships. P sure that’s the first and foremost. 500 spaces to play with, especially with the mod changes means you have a lot more room for Y2 rolls.

Ah, that makes sense. With everything being static in year 1, I sharded everything so I never understood the "lack of space in vault" thing.

On a similar but slightly different topic; Year 1 gear. Is it worth keeping? If I shard it now, is it gone forever?

Collections fail

by Harmanimus @, Monday, September 24, 2018, 12:48 (2012 days ago) @ ManKitten

Re: Sharding Y1
If you have anything that has an energy type that doesn’t match what is in the collection sharding it makes that damage type gone forever. Otherwise, the version you pull out of the collection later will be identical due to the fixed rolls. Except it will be at a higher power.

Collections fail

by bluerunner @, Music City, Monday, September 24, 2018, 13:38 (2012 days ago) @ Harmanimus

Sharding Y1 weapons is a good source of mod components. I got a ton by just cleaning out my vault. Gained a few masterwork cores too.

Collections fail

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Monday, September 24, 2018, 13:44 (2012 days ago) @ Harmanimus

Right. For example, I have an arc Drang. Drang CAN be pulled from collections, but it'll be solar. Hence, I am never dismantling my arc Drang, because I won't be able to get it back.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread