Mild Annoyance (Criticism)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, September 22, 2018, 18:36 (2004 days ago)
edited by INSANEdrive, Saturday, September 22, 2018, 18:39

So there I was; Once upon a time it was a dark and stormy night...

... I was playing the Strike called "The Hollowed Lair". All was well, things blew up nice, just another day being the best class ever... blah blah blah...

My group, two randos and, like, five madmen, all got exotics to drop for some reason. Were they anything new!? HA! Oh... that's funny. You. You're a funny person.

So as I WAS SAYING, exotics drop. A Hardlight, A Graviton Forfeit, and for myself; Skyburners Oath. No one got any new exotics, because disappointment is fun! YAY! Fun! I mean, whatever, at least I get the light bump... right?

RIGHT!?

RIGHT!!!!

He did not.

[image]

380 LIGHT! WHY... I don't... How?!? What!?

I'm having so much fun right now. ಥ_ಥ

He did not.

So, my fellow DBO'ers, apparently not only are exotics literal in their earned definition, and not only has there been an complete obliteration of whatever repeat protection we may have once had, but also apparently bungie has made it so, willingly or mistakenly, that exotics can drop at obsolete light levels!

Ain't that great!

[image]

Thank you Bungle!

...and so my story ends and the spinach is eaten by the goat.

Have To Rip The Bandaid...

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Sunday, September 23, 2018, 20:40 (2003 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

You’re complaining about a game that offers the exact same reward for waiting five full minutes in the same one location, busting ass against dozens of enemies and triggering a Heroic Event as it does for walking two steps and opening a random chest on the floor.

That saved me 80 bucks. ;-)

Honestly, I’m pretty sure that D3 will be Bungie’s last Destiny game—if they even make it that far.

Cool Story, Bro.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, September 23, 2018, 21:27 (2003 days ago) @ Morpheus

- No text -

by breitzen @, Kansas, Monday, September 24, 2018, 06:13 (2003 days ago) @ Morpheus

Honestly, I’m pretty sure that D3 will be Bungie’s last Destiny game—if they even make it that far.

Yeah... wanna make a bet? ;)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, September 24, 2018, 07:32 (2003 days ago) @ breitzen

I’ll bet all 3 of Raga’s characters that we’ll get Destiny 3 a year later than expected (due to a mid-development reboot, precipitated by player reaction to forsaken), followed by a major expansion 1 year later which fixes most of the problems with D3 ;p

by breitzen @, Kansas, Monday, September 24, 2018, 07:45 (2003 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I’ll bet all 3 of Raga’s characters that we’ll get Destiny 3 a year later than expected (due to a mid-development reboot, precipitated by player reaction to forsaken), followed by a major expansion 1 year later which fixes most of the problems with D3 ;p

Now there's something I wouldn't bet against!

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, September 26, 2018, 10:27 (2001 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY
edited by Ragashingo, Wednesday, September 26, 2018, 10:56

All you people betting my characters just have a profound (and worrying) lack of confidence in your own positions. Come on, take a real stand. Be sure you are right. Own your occasional mistakes! Live a little..

...or don’t.

But, as Mirage said:

Next time you gamble, bet your own Guardian.

:)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, September 26, 2018, 13:16 (2001 days ago) @ Ragashingo

All you people betting my characters just have a profound (and worrying) lack of confidence in your own positions.

Nah, we just have a good sense of humor ;)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, September 26, 2018, 10:31 (2001 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

My money is on Activision using their option to pull out of the contract with Bungie (which they can do now that Forsaken is out). Bungie will sell or license the Destiny IP, and another studio will continue making Destiny games (perhaps even VV or High Moon). Bungie then moves forward with whatever they are going to make with the Netease money.

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, September 26, 2018, 13:24 (2001 days ago) @ Cody Miller

My money is on Activision using their option to pull out of the contract with Bungie (which they can do now that Forsaken is out). Bungie will sell or license the Destiny IP, and another studio will continue making Destiny games (perhaps even VV or High Moon). Bungie then moves forward with whatever they are going to make with the Netease money.

I'll bet you a copy of Destiny 3 that doesn't happen, and that Bungie will be the developer of that game.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, September 26, 2018, 17:34 (2000 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I'll bet you a copy of Destiny 3 that doesn't happen, and that Bungie will be the developer of that game.

I'll take it. If Destiny 3 is developed by Bungie, I buy it for you. If it's developed by someone else, you buy me Naughty Dog's next game.

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, September 26, 2018, 17:55 (2000 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I'll take it. If Destiny 3 is developed by Bungie, I buy it for you. If it's developed by someone else, you buy me Naughty Dog's next game.

Deal.

What happens if there isn't a Destiny 3, and they just continue to support D2 (which I don't think is going to happen). We call it a draw?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, September 26, 2018, 18:36 (2000 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Deal.

What happens if there isn't a Destiny 3, and they just continue to support D2 (which I don't think is going to happen). We call it a draw?

I think in that situation my prediction is more right than yours.

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, September 26, 2018, 18:52 (2000 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Deal.

I think in that situation my prediction is more right than yours.

lol, I don't know about that. If they're still working on Destiny after this year, that would effectively be Destiny 3, wouldn't it? If we see another Comet release, I mean.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Wednesday, September 26, 2018, 09:21 (2001 days ago) @ breitzen

Well, it'll be years and years before we see any definitive results—and it's not like I have anything to bet, really...but I feel confident in my hunch. I'm skeptical that a 3rd game will be made, but I'm certain if it is, it'll be the last game in that series.

*Expansions that are as big as the game don't count. I'm looking at you, Taken King! Anything that requires the base game is off limits. ;-)

by breitzen @, Kansas, Wednesday, September 26, 2018, 10:01 (2001 days ago) @ Morpheus

Well, it'll be years and years before we see any definitive results—and it's not like I have anything to bet, really...but I feel confident in my hunch. I'm skeptical that a 3rd game will be made, but I'm certain if it is, it'll be the last game in that series.

*Expansions that are as big as the game don't count. I'm looking at you, Taken King! Anything that requires the base game is off limits. ;-)

My response was focused on the "if they make it that far".

D3 may be the last game, but probably not because of financial/critical success or failure. But because they as a studio have shown that they don't ever want to get stuck doing the same thing forever. We KNOW that Jason Jones is thinking about the next project. We KNOW Bungie has funding for their next project. And they may decide to only make D2 expansions for the future (I doubt it, but its possible), does that mean your hunch is correct? Or Does 4 years of quality expansions mean you're wrong? The argument is vague enough to easily defend it no matter what happens.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread