striking a deceased steed (DBO)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, September 24, 2018, 14:23 (2012 days ago)

striking a deceased steed

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, September 24, 2018, 15:14 (2012 days ago) @ Kermit

I still believe the FTB was better with the light level field than without it.

While it was one of those superfluous features that lost meaning over time, it was kind of fun to have, and I’ve always been a fan of having more features than removing them. That said, if you’re anal about knowing peoples’ light level, you can request that they post it in the comments, so you can be as exclusionary as possible!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, September 24, 2018, 15:23 (2012 days ago) @ Korny

While it was one of those superfluous features that lost meaning over time, it was kind of fun to have, and I’ve always been a fan of having more features than removing them. That said, if you’re anal about knowing peoples’ light level, you can request that they post it in the comments, so you can be as exclusionary as possible!

I'm not anal about it nor do I want to be exclusionary. (Imagine, for a moment there I thought you might make a post without some sort of jab.)

It was always a nice-to-have, seasonal feature, but is arguably more useful now that the grind is back.

by Harmanimus @, Monday, September 24, 2018, 16:31 (2012 days ago) @ Kermit

Not to mention some folks like to challenge themselves with a lower LL.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, September 24, 2018, 16:35 (2012 days ago) @ Kermit

(Imagine, for a moment there I thought you might make a post without some sort of jab.)

Remind me to tell you the story about the Scorpion and the Frog ;)

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Monday, September 24, 2018, 17:18 (2012 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

(Imagine, for a moment there I thought you might make a post without some sort of jab.)

Remind me to tell you the story about the Munky and the Frog ;)

Fixed for ya.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, September 24, 2018, 17:21 (2012 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Remind me to tell you the story about the Munky and the Frog ;)

Fixed for ya.

[image]

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, September 24, 2018, 18:13 (2012 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I don't remember that game having that great a story…

[image]

Yes I know frogs are amphibians and not reptiles…

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, September 25, 2018, 00:46 (2012 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Yeah, people focus on the frog's naïveté rather than the scorpion's lack of restraint. Both were fatal flaws.

Very true :)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Tuesday, September 25, 2018, 05:06 (2011 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

by cheapLEY @, Monday, September 24, 2018, 17:15 (2012 days ago) @ Kermit

Can we get the gamertag doc back while we're at it? (:

Amen, brother.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, September 25, 2018, 00:23 (2012 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

*Fuzzy* As I recall...

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, September 24, 2018, 20:48 (2012 days ago) @ Kermit

Wasn't there some chatter (can't seem to find it) about Beorn connecting the Fireteam Builder to the Bungie API so the Light would be added automatically or something? I could of swarn it was 117 days ago when I saw that... but... oh... so fuzzy.

I recall a post... ugh, of something like that from Beorns long (wish) list of things to do that will never happen because life, destiny, and destiny the game.

In fact, I'm pretty sure Beorn is Imaginary. ;D

*Fuzzy* As I recall...

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, September 25, 2018, 00:41 (2012 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Wasn't there some chatter (can't seem to find it) about Beorn connecting the Fireteam Builder to the Bungie API so the Light would be added automatically or something? I could of swarn it was 117 days ago when I saw that... but... oh... so fuzzy.

I recall a post... ugh, of something like that from Beorns long (wish) list of things to do that will never happen because life, destiny, and destiny the game.

In fact, I'm pretty sure Beorn is Imaginary. ;D

He's real and does great work.

Many of the regulars don't need the spreadsheet because of the 15 people they regularly play with, they've got the odd cases memorized where the gamer tags and DBO names don't match. And if they want to know someone's light level they can just ask on slack. I still disagree with those features being taken away.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread