Is there an Xbox One component cable? (Off-Topic)

by Funkmon @, Sunday, September 30, 2018, 00:09 (2034 days ago)

Hey guys! I have an Xbox One and an Amazon Fire TV thingy connected to my TV, utilizing all two of my HDMI inputs, while my component inputs are languishing.

I have another device I'd like to connect to my TV, but it's HDMI only, just like the Bone. Is there some kind of component adapter for the Xbox?

Is there an Xbox One component cable?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, September 30, 2018, 00:23 (2034 days ago) @ Funkmon

I have another device I'd like to connect to my TV, but it's HDMI only, just like the Bone. Is there some kind of component adapter for the Xbox?

You can just get any HDMI to component converter. But FYI, component can't do 1080p60. You'd have to do 1080i or 720p.

NBD. I can barely tell the diff anyway.

by Funkmon @, Sunday, September 30, 2018, 00:27 (2034 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I think the adapters add a lag since they convert from digital to analog. I was hoping there was some kind of first party support for such a thing that might lack the lag part.

NBD. I can barely tell the diff anyway.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, September 30, 2018, 09:19 (2033 days ago) @ Funkmon
edited by Cody Miller, Sunday, September 30, 2018, 09:22

I think the adapters add a lag since they convert from digital to analog. I was hoping there was some kind of first party support for such a thing that might lack the lag part.

Does the xbox one even have analog out circuitry? Isn't it HDMI only?

This cable functions as a signal transmitter, but NOT a signal converter. As HDMI carries digital signals while RCA carries analog signals. In order for these two formats of signal to communicate with each other, both input and output devices needs to support the signal conversion function (code and decode), please kindly check with your user manual. If both input / output device do not support signal conversion, a signal conversion box is required

You may need a converter.

by uberfoop @, Seattle-ish, Monday, October 01, 2018, 17:00 (2032 days ago) @ Cody Miller

But FYI, component can't do 1080p60.

Component can do 1080p60, but support for outputting it varies, partly thanks to AACS rules restricting 1080p support to HDCP-protected digital outputs. For video games, it's perfectly legal.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, October 01, 2018, 17:42 (2032 days ago) @ uberfoop

But FYI, component can't do 1080p60.

Component can do 1080p60, but support for outputting it varies, partly thanks to AACS rules restricting 1080p support to HDCP-protected digital outputs. For video games, it's perfectly legal.

Yes you are correct! It looks like component can do 2160p30 if the cable is short enough, but the problem are displays that can accept and decode that.

by FyreWulff, Sunday, September 30, 2018, 05:34 (2033 days ago) @ Funkmon

If you're just using the Fire TV for video, and not games, can you not just plug the Fire TV via the One's HDMI-in port? I mean, it requires the One to be on to use the FireTV, but it's a solution

Search Amazon for HDMI splitter

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Sunday, September 30, 2018, 08:09 (2033 days ago) @ Funkmon

You can plug multiple devices into a single hdmi port with a splitter. There's a button on the splitter that toggles the output to the TV.

I'd recommend searching for HDMI Switcher

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Sunday, September 30, 2018, 08:34 (2033 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

Splitter can refer to outputting one HDMI output to two ports, but they visually look like they'd work so just to avoid confusion look for an HDMI switcher. You can find well reviewed ones for $20 or less.

Here's one with 4 1/2 stars (with 160 reviews) for less than $7:

https://www.amazon.com/Splitter-GANA-Bidirectional-Supports-Passthrough-HDMI/dp/B07BFVN6GY

Funny enough it works as both a splitter or a switcher.

I'd recommend searching for HDMI Switcher

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, September 30, 2018, 09:24 (2033 days ago) @ Xenos
edited by Cody Miller, Sunday, September 30, 2018, 09:27

Splitter can refer to outputting one HDMI output to two ports, but they visually look like they'd work so just to avoid confusion look for an HDMI switcher. You can find well reviewed ones for $20 or less.

Here's one with 4 1/2 stars (with 160 reviews) for less than $7:

https://www.amazon.com/Splitter-GANA-Bidirectional-Supports-Passthrough-HDMI/dp/B07BFVN6GY

Funny enough it works as both a splitter or a switcher.

I have a ViewHD VHD-1X2MN3D splitter. There is no latency at all. But the real reason I have it? It strips HDCP! But a switcher is what you want. A splitter takes one input and turns it into two outputs.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread