Robot's D2 Leveling Guide: I doubled down on dumb (Destiny)

by Robot Chickens, Tuesday, October 02, 2018, 02:31 (2026 days ago)
edited by Robot Chickens, Tuesday, October 02, 2018, 02:38

I got inspired by Disciple's Guide and decided to go a bit nuts. The more I thought about deciding which Tier to pursue, the more I found complexities in the decision. Rather than making a recommendation, this spreadsheet gives a visual overview of how a given drop can impact you. There's a bit of explanation on each page if it is interesting to you.

One interesting thing that I started to track was the likelihood any drop will boost your Light level average up a step. This is important because that simple change can make Tier 1 drops more likely to give you an increase in light. It can get complex and I'm not convinced that algorithms give the best advice. As such, I'm not included that on the page, but I'm certainly open to it if you can suggest a compelling set of thresholds to make that determination.

[image]

Anyhow, I'm not actually hardcore about leveling and was more interested in the data.

Check it out.

Wow, you dashboarded the crap out of that

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, October 02, 2018, 05:20 (2026 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

Seriously, great work. Mind if I take it for a spin?

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Tuesday, October 02, 2018, 06:39 (2026 days ago) @ ZackDark
edited by ChrisTheeCrappy, Tuesday, October 02, 2018, 06:43

Second opening this up. It requires requesting access. But if it's OPEN we could be able to copy it I belive. This is cool.

Nevermind it lets you make a copy.

I would suggest adding the Tiers into teh document. I am going to do that for mine, can share if you want.

by Robot Chickens, Tuesday, October 02, 2018, 07:22 (2026 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

I would suggest adding the Tiers into teh document. I am going to do that for mine, can share if you want.

Not sure I understand. You want to post a screenshot of what you mean?

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Tuesday, October 02, 2018, 07:35 (2026 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

I havaen't done it yet, at work. But I mean so what needs to be done for the Tiers. IE: T1 = Daily and weeklies, Spider, Ikora, etc. T2=Nightfalls.

Just so all info is in 1 location.

+1 Agree that is a good feature

by marmot 1333 @, Tuesday, October 02, 2018, 09:11 (2026 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

- No text -

Feel free to save a copy for yourself. Share as you’d like.

by Robot Chickens, Tuesday, October 02, 2018, 07:19 (2026 days ago) @ ZackDark

- No text -

Front page this.

by Funkmon @, Tuesday, October 02, 2018, 05:27 (2026 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

I'm positive this is a useful tool for... Somebody. Weirdly it's not even a useful tool for Chickens who was just bored, but someone would kill for this.

Put it where?

by Harmanimus @, Tuesday, October 02, 2018, 09:03 (2026 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

“This is amazing!”

by Oholiab @, Tuesday, October 02, 2018, 07:05 (2026 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

Seriously - great stuff.

I find the new leveling system both confusing and confounding. I will be putting this to good use.

That is AWESOME!!!

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Tuesday, October 02, 2018, 11:15 (2026 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

- No text -

Hmmmmm...

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, October 02, 2018, 13:10 (2026 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

[image]

Dumb? This is ruddy brilliant! Bravo!

[image]

I wonder if you could contact one of those dedicated third party Destiny Utility sites, like D.I.M, and make it so these suggestions could happen automatically.

I dream though, Well Done man! :D

Hmmmmm...

by EffortlessFury @, Wednesday, October 03, 2018, 01:07 (2025 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I wonder if you could contact one of those dedicated third party Destiny Utility sites, like D.I.M, and make it so these suggestions could happen automatically.

I've let them know about it. We'll see where that leads. :P

Robot's D2 Leveling Guide: I doubled down on dumb

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, October 02, 2018, 14:28 (2026 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

Thank you for saving me the trouble of doing math homework! Love it.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread