Still a chance for blind raid? (Recruitment)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, October 03, 2018, 09:08 (2004 days ago)

Right now I am 540 exactly.

I think I'd be okay to try and tackle a blind raid sometime in the next week or two. Are there 5 others like me? Claude? DogCow? Vortech? Anyone?

Still a chance for blind raid?

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, October 03, 2018, 09:42 (2004 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I think I'd be okay to try and tackle a blind raid sometime in the next week or two. Are there 5 others like me? Claude? DogCow? Vortech? Anyone?

Not me, unfortunately. I'm 580 on Xbox (on 2 characters), and still blind... but I'm 390 on PS4. :( (And I don't see that changing any time really soon.)

I think I might have to give up my hope for a blind raid.

I think there are still a lot of under-levelled players

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Wednesday, October 03, 2018, 10:00 (2004 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I'm always willing to pretend to be blind too (on xbox) if you find enough other people and need to fill in a slot. I can keep quiet, follow instructions, and occasionally make observations without explaining what's going on or how to solve problems. Though I won't be available most of November.

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, October 03, 2018, 10:07 (2004 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

I'm always willing to pretend to be blind too (on xbox) if you find enough other people and need to fill in a slot. I can keep quiet, follow instructions, and occasionally make observations without explaining what's going on or how to solve problems. Though I won't be available most of November.

Heh. I don't doubt that you can - but as I think Cheapley can attest, this is not a universal ability. ;)

(He and I were on a 'blind' team on PS4 for Spire of Stars that left a bad taste in both of our mouths, because of people who said exactly the same thing, but couldn't really follow through.)

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, October 03, 2018, 10:21 (2004 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Heh. I don't doubt that you can - but as I think Cheapley can attest, this is not a universal ability. ;)

(He and I were on a 'blind' team on PS4 for Spire of Stars that left a bad taste in both of our mouths, because of people who said exactly the same thing, but couldn't really follow through.)

I actually didn’t know that we weren’t fully blind until we all partied up and started the raid. And that person didn’t even attempt to pretend to be blind, but instead began talking about all the strategy videos and how to do stuff. I’ve stopped being mad about it at this point, but it does still bums me out. I still haven’t actually even seen the damage phase of the last encounter. I can’t tell if it’s because of a bummer experience or if I actually didn’t like much of that raid. I’d like to go through it soon, when things settle down a bit.

Someone acting blind could probably work, but that person would have to be really dedicated to doing so. It would be tough to watch folks struggle through something for hours without slipping up.

I know there was another crew that had a similar experience not work out (I think for base Leviathan). It seems to be a tough thing to actually do.

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Wednesday, October 03, 2018, 10:54 (2004 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Someone acting blind could probably work, but that person would have to be really dedicated to doing so. It would be tough to watch folks struggle through something for hours without slipping up.

Is it weird that I actually enjoy this part? I got to be pseudo blind for the Golgoroth encounter and it was kind of cool sitting back, knowing the way to complete everything, but watching them try things my team never even considered while trying to figure it out.

Also fun (as long as the team you're helping is cool with it). if you can remember roughly the time or the cues from other players that it took for you to figure certain things out, you can still contribute by providing the same suggestions you gave on your real blind run...even if they weren't good suggestions :p

-Disciple

I may or may not have exactly that with the Xbox SoS Raid

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, October 03, 2018, 12:55 (2004 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

Hope no one noticed :p

Hah! Nice!

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Wednesday, October 03, 2018, 13:03 (2004 days ago) @ ZackDark

- No text -

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, October 03, 2018, 13:39 (2004 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

Is it weird that I actually enjoy this part? I got to be pseudo blind for the Golgoroth encounter and it was kind of cool sitting back, knowing the way to complete everything, but watching them try things my team never even considered while trying to figure it out.

Also fun (as long as the team you're helping is cool with it). if you can remember roughly the time or the cues from other players that it took for you to figure certain things out, you can still contribute by providing the same suggestions you gave on your real blind run...even if they weren't good suggestions :p

-Disciple

I believe you have the temperament to pull that off. Most don't. I've tried pretending to be blind--really the only way is stay silent and do only what you're told. It's the struggle that's fun, but others knowing you're not blind also leads to their temptation to ask for clues.

And you lose out on one mind.

by Funkmon @, Thursday, October 04, 2018, 10:45 (2003 days ago) @ Kermit

5 dudes is fine, basically as good as 6, but if you have 2 or more dudes contributing nothing to figuring it out, it's just tedious.

Of course, I find blind raiding itself to be unfun, but I'm not opposed to doing a raid blind if I accidentally keep myself such, like I have for this one.

by Robot Chickens, Wednesday, October 03, 2018, 11:02 (2004 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I think I might have to give up my hope for a blind raid.

I'll run it blind with you if there are others on the Xbox

Also blind here, but very underleveled.

by Funkmon @, Wednesday, October 03, 2018, 12:28 (2004 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

- No text -

willing to go too

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Wednesday, October 03, 2018, 16:16 (2004 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

I'm sorta blind, I know of stuff but not how to complete them or get past them.
I can get to 562 as of now.

by TheeChaos @, Wednesday, October 03, 2018, 11:09 (2004 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Definitely not blind but I can mute my mic and pretend, like others said its alot of fun to see others try and figure it out.

=]

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, October 03, 2018, 13:46 (2004 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Sorry, I'm only 27.3% percent blind now, and way underleveled (both platforms actually).

Can't wait to find out what strange strategies you've cooked up when we do raid together again. ;-)

Week of the 15?!

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, October 05, 2018, 11:06 (2002 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Okay. I will be ready by the week of the 15th.

If you are blind and want to do it then or around then, reply to this message!

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread