Amazon.com beta details (Destiny)

by broony, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 04:28 (3857 days ago)

Spotted on Gaf (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=84183571):

http://www.amazon.com/Destiny-PlayStation-4/dp/B00BGA9Y3W/

Pre-order "Destiny" and receive access to the upcoming beta. Beta will be available in early 2014 on the following platforms: PS4 system, PS3 system, Xbox One, and Xbox 360. Limited time only. While beta codes last. Internet connection is required. Amazon will email you your beta access code within 1 business days of you placing your pre-order. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Limited to one per customer order. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Here's how (restrictions apply)

To receive the Promotion:

Add the qualifying item described in the offer to your Shopping Cart via the “Add to Cart” button on the product information page.
Continue to checkout and confirm your pre-order.
You will receive the beta access promotional code via email within 1 business day.
Follow the instructions in the email to get beta access.
Terms and Conditions

The promotion is valid for a limited time only. Amazon reserves the right to cancel it at any time.
If you do not pre-order the qualifying item when the promotion is in effect, your promotion will not be valid.
You must own either a PS4 system, PS3 system, Xbox One, or Xbox 360 with valid online subscription membership, have a unique PlayStation Network ID or Xbox LIVE Gamertag, and have a Bungie.net account in order to receive beta access.
The promotion applies only to qualifying items displaying the offer message on their product information pages.
The promotion applies only to items sold and shipped by Amazon.com. The same items sold by other sellers do not qualify.
Shipping and handling charges apply to all products.
Offer good while beta access lasts.
If you remove any of the promotion items from your Shopping Cart or violate any of the Terms and Conditions, the promotion will be invalid.
Void where prohibited.

Amazon.com beta details

by Atsumi ⌂, Jefferson City, MO, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 05:13 (3857 days ago) @ broony

Sounds like you have to place the order after the announcement, huh. And here I am, undecided on whether to order on PS4 or XbONE.

EDIT: Never mind. Missed this little tidbit. "This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders."

Amazon.com beta details

by broony, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 05:17 (3857 days ago) @ Atsumi

Amazon doesn't take money until they ship. Pre order both.

Excellent point. On it!

by Atsumi ⌂, Jefferson City, MO, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 05:41 (3857 days ago) @ broony

- No text -

Amazon.com beta details

by marmot 1333 @, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 07:13 (3857 days ago) @ broony

Yeah, I pre-ordered the 360 version on announcement day, the ps4 version a few months later. I wonder if I'll get access to two beta keys?

A pre-order bonus I can believe in

by RC ⌂, UK, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 05:33 (3857 days ago) @ broony

Sounds sweet. I'll have to check with my retailer.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 08:09 (3857 days ago) @ RC

I think if we pre-ordered the first day we could we should get an extra week with the beta.

;)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 08:29 (3857 days ago) @ Kermit

I think if we pre-ordered the first day we could we should get an extra week with the beta.

;)

I've held off preordering until now because Bungie hadn't, and really still hasn't, show me the game. The offer of a beta will get me to preorder, but only because it is Bungie. If this were any other company I would kill them where they stand not preorder their game based on the available info.

by marmot 1333 @, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 08:55 (3857 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I've held off preordering until now because Bungie hadn't, and really still hasn't, show me the game. The offer of a beta will get me to preorder, but only because it is Bungie. If this were any other company I would kill them where they stand not preorder their game based on the available info.

I'm interested in your viewpoint. What makes you feel this way? What would other games have shown you by now that Bungie hasn't? Is anything you've seen so far enticing to you? Do you pre-order games often?

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 10:05 (3857 days ago) @ marmot 1333

I'm interested in your viewpoint. What makes you feel this way? What would other games have shown you by now that Bungie hasn't? Is anything you've seen so far enticing to you? Do you pre-order games often?

I feel this way because, especially back when the preorder was announced, I was asked to buy a game based on nothing more than a ViDoc of motion-comic-ed concept art and a nice voice over. Even now, we haven't seen significant parts of the game, such as anything before or after a mission, or anything more than a couple of seconds of multiplayer. When asking me to buy into a new universe I'd like a bit more than that before I give you the trust of a preorder. I know that Bungie will give us more and more as the release gets closer, but I thought that taking preorders on the first day was pretty silly.

I used to preorder games more, but the last couple times I did the shipments were delayed and the whole preorder concept was just a waste. Before this beta was announced my plan was to buy Destiny launch day afternoon at the nearby Best Buy. With the beta I'll now preorder and live with whatever shipping delay I end up getting.

by marmot 1333 @, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 10:43 (3857 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Cool. Makes sense :)

by RC ⌂, UK, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 11:18 (3857 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I was asked to buy a game based on nothing more than a ViDoc of motion-comic-ed concept art and a nice voice over.

That's not all you have though is it? There is the reputation of the creator, their style and approach to making games.

Not everyone weighs that aspect very heavily, but for me it was decisive with Destiny.

It was the same with Mass Effect several years ago. I bought that game based on knowing it was going to be a slightly more shootery, new Sci-Fi universe developed by Bioware. No regrets.

Amazon.com beta details

by SigbiasSilva @, West Midlands, England, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 05:35 (3857 days ago) @ broony

It doesn't appear to be available on the UK site :(

Hopefully that changes soon. I'm guessing it may after the trailer/video is released later today. That'd be an opportune moment to announce beta access.

Beta on 360, Preorder on Xbone. Possible?

by Spawn ⌂, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 05:51 (3857 days ago) @ broony

I'm sure there are others in my situation. Getting the full game on Xbox One, want to enjoy the beta on my current 360. I don't plan on buying my Xbox One until well into 2014.

Then again, if you get a code for the same console you're ordering for you can always just order it and cancel before they ship.

by yakaman, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 08:47 (3857 days ago) @ Spawn

I'm sure there are others in my situation. Getting the full game on Xbox One, want to enjoy the beta on my current 360. I don't plan on buying my Xbox One until well into 2014.

Then again, if you get a code for the same console you're ordering for you can always just order it and cancel before they ship.

This definitely goes for me as well. I have tentative plans for new XBox middle of next year. I'd like to try the beta on my 360...most importantly to determine if I want to buy this game.

I hope beta access is not wrapped up in pre-ordering. If so, I'll not be in the beta, which decreases the likelihood I'll buy the game. Not drastically mind you - I trust this forum to provide robust, insightful reviews. But I really need to know how the game feels, I think.

It's gonna come down to Bungie's execution for me. Do they still got it?

by urk, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 08:57 (3857 days ago) @ Spawn

Hypothetically, I bet someone could deliver a non-platform specific token in 2013, and then allow players to choose their preferred platform in 2014. Hypothetically, if they wanted to provide some flexibility around a next gen launch, of course.

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 09:00 (3857 days ago) @ urk

Hypothetically, I bet someone could deliver a non-platform specific token in 2013, and then allow players to choose their preferred platform in 2014. Hypothetically, if they wanted to provide some flexibility around a next gen launch, of course.

Wouldn't that be really cool?

Hypothetically, we love you.

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 09:02 (3857 days ago) @ urk

- No text -

by Spawn ⌂, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 12:20 (3857 days ago) @ urk

I'm stroking my beard as I read this post again and again and it keeps getting better, hypothetically.

by Decom @, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 11:41 (3857 days ago) @ Spawn

According to the beta FAQ,

Q. Which console platforms can I choose from?
Destiny is officially available for pre-order on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, and Xbox 360. The Beta will also support all four platforms. Your Destiny Beta Code will grant you access to one of these platforms.
You will be able to select your preferred platform, prior to the Destiny Beta live date in 2014. Your choice of platform for the Beta is not tied to the platform you have preordered, and you will be able to select your preferred platform prior to generating your Destiny Beta download code.

Q. I own both a PlayStation and an Xbox. Can I claim multiple codes if I want to play the Destiny Beta on multiple console platforms?
Yes. You may claim as many as four Destiny Beta download codes – one for each supported console. Each will require a separate pre-order at a participating retailer.

So the short answer is: yes.

(I realize urk more or less confirmed this above, but figured I'd provide this info, too.)

by Spawn ⌂, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 12:21 (3857 days ago) @ Decom

Thank you. Just got back from work and haven't had time to poke through Q/A's since they've been posted.

Amazon.com beta details

by marmot 1333 @, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 07:28 (3857 days ago) @ broony

I will be interested to see how soon they start emailing out the beta codes.

Perhaps the codes from Germany GamesComm are codes for the beta???

Amazon.com beta details

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 10:28 (3857 days ago) @ marmot 1333

I will be interested to see how soon they start emailing out the beta codes.

Perhaps the codes from Germany GamesComm are codes for the beta???

"Amazon will email you a code to sign up to receive beta access within 1 business day after you pre-order, starting on October 3, 2013"

So October 3-4

Amazon.com beta details

by marmot 1333 @, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 10:43 (3857 days ago) @ Xenos

Somehow I completely missed that date. Thanks.

Amazon.com beta details

by Spawn ⌂, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 12:39 (3857 days ago) @ marmot 1333

On the amazon page it says October 3rd.

Trigger pulled

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 07:56 (3857 days ago) @ broony

Your move Bungle

User Research Test Subjects

by Decom @, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 08:16 (3857 days ago) @ broony

I wonder if people who are Bungie "User Research Test Subjects" will get access to the beta even if they don't preorder.

by Atsumi ⌂, Jefferson City, MO, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 08:22 (3857 days ago) @ Decom

Maybe they'll get to test an earlier version or something?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 11:13 (3857 days ago) @ Atsumi

Maybe they'll get to test an earlier version or something?

And if you fail, the floor will kill you.

For science.

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 10:29 (3857 days ago) @ Decom

As a Bungie URTS, I certainly hope so!

Gamestop beta details

by Zero @, Florida, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 08:46 (3857 days ago) @ broony

It would also appear that in addition to Amazon, Gamestop is putting out pre-order beta codes as well, evidenced by this recent tweet:

https://twitter.com/GuardiansofD/status/385049923600646144/photo/1

The link it wants you to redeem the code at does exist, but it's not very functional at the moment.

Question. I pre-ordered from GameStop back in February...

by UnrealCh13f @, San Luis Obispo, CA, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 10:14 (3857 days ago) @ broony

...will I still be able to get the beta access?

Would it be a matter of just going back to GameStop and getting the code?

Question. I pre-ordered from GameStop back in February...

by urk, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 10:22 (3857 days ago) @ UnrealCh13f

...will I still be able to get the beta access?

Would it be a matter of just going back to GameStop and getting the code?

If they have your email address, they'll simply send you a code. If they don't, you can go in and they'll print up a code for you.

:)

Awesome! I'll check later today! :)

by UnrealCh13f @, San Luis Obispo, CA, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 10:24 (3857 days ago) @ urk

- No text -

Thank you for the info, sir.

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 10:28 (3857 days ago) @ urk

And for your awesome beard. That is all.

So glad I preordered when I did.

by PsychoRaven, Oklahoma, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 11:38 (3857 days ago) @ broony

Preordered PS4 version the day it was available so that means I should be good. God the wait for the beta is going to be so very very hard.

I hate pre-ordering games

by Zeouterlimits, Ireland, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 12:53 (3857 days ago) @ broony

But there I've gone and done it on Amazon.co.uk.

I'm so weak.

Can people in Japan participate in the beta?

by Kaboris, Wednesday, October 02, 2013, 09:00 (3856 days ago) @ broony

Anyone out there who is steeped in the beta bylaws?

Will people residing in Japan be able to participate in the beta?
Japan wasn't in the SELECT A REGION list. sniff sniff

Any info would be greatly appreciated!
1st prize gets sushitacular (must claim your prize in person)

Steve
Yokohama, Japan

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Wednesday, October 02, 2013, 09:14 (3856 days ago) @ Kaboris

Send me a message when the beta starts if nobody can give you clear answer. I wouldn't expect a problem if your account is tied to North America or Europe.

by Kaboris, Wednesday, October 02, 2013, 09:29 (3856 days ago) @ Grizzlei
edited by Kaboris, Wednesday, October 02, 2013, 09:59

Grizzlei,

Much obliged for your assistance.

All X1 games are supposed to be "worldwide signed" i.e. region-free, unlike Xbox 360 titles, so I guess I should be okay.

Just reserved my copy. Hoping for the best. Worst case scenario, I guess I can always play on the 360 if X1 isn't supported before the later X1 launch in Japan next year.

Steve

Dear ladies and gentlemen, I regret to inform you...

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Saturday, October 05, 2013, 20:58 (3852 days ago) @ broony

...that y'all will have to put up with yours truly's presence in the beta now, courtesy of Mr. Duncan's, scholar and gentleman, first dboTV giveaway (it was supposed to be a shirt, but we long decided it wasn't worth the hassle of shipping it to my third world country). Turns out Bungie gave us quite a workaround!

:D

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread