Patch Notes are up- RIP Fighting Lion edition :*( (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, October 16, 2018, 07:46 (1991 days ago)

Also, no more Big Hammer Titan melee perk activation, and Whisper now procs White Nail with Lunafaction/Rally Barricade.

Chekkim

Can someone explain this one?

by Oholiab @, Tuesday, October 16, 2018, 07:52 (1991 days ago) @ Korny

“Lucky Pants will no longer reload Hand Cannons that are not stowed”

As I understood the perk, precision hits load one round into the chamber of stowed hand cannons. Was it not behaving properly prior to this patch?

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, October 16, 2018, 07:59 (1991 days ago) @ Oholiab

The only possible interpretation of that statement that I can see is that it was reloading hand cannons which were actually out/in use. Kinda surprised I hadn't heard anything if that was the case, though. Seems like it would have been a big deal.

by Oholiab @, Tuesday, October 16, 2018, 10:13 (1991 days ago) @ stabbim

Thanks - that’s how I interpreted it as well. I use Lucky Pants and hand cannons almost exclusively, and I never ran into any issues.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, October 16, 2018, 11:24 (1990 days ago) @ Oholiab

I doubt it would have been a problem. The way I read it, it would have been reloading the weapon you were actively using. That would be a help, not a hindrance.

Warlocks have lots of problems.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, October 16, 2018, 08:01 (1991 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

Best patch note, ever.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, October 16, 2018, 08:04 (1991 days ago) @ Korny

Fixed an issue where One Thousand Voices would sometimes speak at the volume of One Hundred Thousand Voices

LOLOLOL

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, October 16, 2018, 08:30 (1991 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

- No text -

Patch Notes are up- RIP Fighting Lion edition :*(

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, October 16, 2018, 08:05 (1991 days ago) @ Korny

The funny thing about FL is that, although the extra damage was very nice a lot of the time, its actual intended functionality works better if it does NOT kill targets outright, allowing you to instantly reload it by finishing the kill another way. So, my expectation is that I'll still use it plenty. Testing to follow.

Oh, and finishing those kills should be even easier now, since I usually have a Nameless Midnight in the other hand:

• Increased Scout Rifle damage against combatants

Scout rifle damage

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, October 16, 2018, 08:09 (1991 days ago) @ stabbim

The funny thing about FL is that, although the extra damage was very nice a lot of the time, its actual intended functionality works better if it does NOT kill targets outright, allowing you to instantly reload it by finishing the kill another way. So, my expectation is that I'll still use it plenty. Testing to follow.

Oh, and finishing those kills should be even easier now, since I usually have a Nameless Midnight in the other hand:

I wish they would tell us by how much. I'm guessing it's different values for different types of enemies, but it would be nice to know how much it went up.

Scout rifle damage

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, October 16, 2018, 08:20 (1991 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I wish they would tell us by how much. I'm guessing it's different values for different types of enemies, but it would be nice to know how much it went up.

Just shoot someone and you have your answer.

Scout rifle damage

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, October 16, 2018, 08:26 (1991 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I want to know the percentage. I can't get that unless I knew the damage before the update on a given enemy. Normally, as a Titan, that answer would work for all sciencey things but unfortunately not in this case.

Scout rifle damage

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, October 16, 2018, 08:28 (1991 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

The logical assumption would be that they're simply restoring them to where they were prior to the accidental pre-Forsaken nerf. Whether that's actually the case... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Scout rifle damage

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, October 16, 2018, 09:39 (1991 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I want to know the percentage. I can't get that unless I knew the damage before the update on a given enemy. Normally, as a Titan, that answer would work for all sciencey things but unfortunately not in this case.

I don’t know man. Just use hem for a while and see if they are as effective as you want. If you are doing better with pulses, then use a pulse.

It would be nice to know what combatants means. PvE? PvP? It can’t be both or else they just would have said damage increased.

Scout rifle damage

by Harmanimus @, Tuesday, October 16, 2018, 12:56 (1990 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Combatants has consistently referenced AI opponents, not players.

Scout rifle damage

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, October 16, 2018, 13:15 (1990 days ago) @ Harmanimus

Combatants has consistently referenced AI opponents, not players.

Cool, thanks for the clarification.

Psychology

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Tuesday, October 16, 2018, 08:57 (1991 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

They could be intentionally avoiding talking about the numbers. Sometimes knowing the number ahead of time can bias how the weapon feels after the buff. Respawn does the same thing with Titanfall 2 patch notes because they think that players settle into the changes better if they don't know exactly how something changed.

Edit: Link discussing the approach to patch notes by Respawn

Psychology

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, October 16, 2018, 09:12 (1991 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

They could be intentionally avoiding talking about the numbers. Sometimes knowing the number ahead of time can bias how the weapon feels after the buff. Respawn does the same thing with Titanfall 2 patch notes because they think that players settle into the changes better if they don't know exactly how something changed.

Edit: Link discussing the approach to patch notes by Respawn

Yeah I get that. Especially when Bungie has mentioned that low values doesn't mean they hadn't really done much, but that that was all it took to get the weapon over a 2-3 hit kill threshold. But with that knowledge in mind, I still like to know :)

Also the vagueness and wording implied, to me, that the values were different depending on the enemy. But I could just be reading into it.

MORE LF Aim Assist!?

by squidnh3, Tuesday, October 16, 2018, 09:57 (1991 days ago) @ Korny

Good grief, they already have a ton, especially Queenbreaker which basically aims for you. Although I prefer to use a void LF in Gambit for Envoy killing.

MORE LF Aim Assist!?

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, October 16, 2018, 10:15 (1991 days ago) @ squidnh3

Good grief, they already have a ton, especially Queenbreaker which basically aims for you. Although I prefer to use a void LF in Gambit for Envoy killing.

If anything I think they just need more precision damage.

Wait, there’s an EP Sword?!

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Tuesday, October 16, 2018, 11:06 (1991 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

I completely missed that.

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Tuesday, October 16, 2018, 11:25 (1990 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Players will no longer perform the Atomic Breach melee ability when using the heavy attack of the Escalation Protocol Sword

That's got to be a mistake...right?

-Disciple

I completely missed that.

by Harmanimus @, Tuesday, October 16, 2018, 12:57 (1990 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

You guys missed the Hive Sword you get on Phase 2 of every EP wave?

lol

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, October 16, 2018, 13:53 (1990 days ago) @ Harmanimus

- No text -

Hah :)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Tuesday, October 16, 2018, 16:03 (1990 days ago) @ Harmanimus

- No text -

Doh!

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Wednesday, October 17, 2018, 07:10 (1990 days ago) @ Harmanimus

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread