Triangle ships (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, October 17, 2018, 07:38 (1990 days ago)
edited by Cody Miller, Wednesday, October 17, 2018, 08:23

Been to visit the queen this week? There’s a projection of one of those triangle ships from the end of Destiny 2. I guess that means those are the ships of Savathun and not something more exotic.

Triangle ships

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, October 17, 2018, 08:30 (1990 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I guess that means those are the ships of Savathun and not something more exotic.

What makes you say that?

Triangle ships

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, October 17, 2018, 08:45 (1990 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I guess that means those are the ships of Savathun and not something more exotic.

What makes you say that?

Well, it’s Savathun who set up the loop in the dreaming city…

Triangle ships

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Wednesday, October 17, 2018, 08:57 (1990 days ago) @ Cody Miller

What makes you say that?

They're pyramids, not triangles. ;) Also, I'm really excited about this Savathûn build-up.

Also, did you read the Lore that appeared when you looted the chest next to Mara's chair? It opened a new book for me.

Triangle ships

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, October 17, 2018, 10:25 (1990 days ago) @ Beorn
edited by Cody Miller, Wednesday, October 17, 2018, 10:35

What makes you say that?

They're pyramids, not triangles. ;) Also, I'm really excited about this Savathûn build-up.

Also, did you read the Lore that appeared when you looted the chest next to Mara's chair? It opened a new book for me.

Yeah. Who knew Eris was such a bad swimmer. :-p

My theory is after 7 loops something will happen and we will break out of it.

Triangle ships

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, October 17, 2018, 10:28 (1990 days ago) @ Cody Miller

What makes you say that?

So? I mean, I’m just assuming Mara can deal with multiple things at once. You could totally be right, I just think you’re making a decent leap to assume the two things are connected.

It seems like the Queen is pretty content to let Petra deal with the time loop and the Dreaming City while she continues to have her eye on bigger things.

Triangle ships

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, October 18, 2018, 11:54 (1989 days ago) @ cheapLEY

What makes you say that?

So? I mean, I’m just assuming Mara can deal with multiple things at once. You could totally be right, I just think you’re making a decent leap to assume the two things are connected.

It seems like the Queen is pretty content to let Petra deal with the time loop and the Dreaming City while she continues to have her eye on bigger things.

Yeah in the previous talk she implies that her Wrath (Petra) is helping you with the Taken and Riven (aka Savathun) while she deals with bigger things. There are also a few mentions of her fighting something in a far-off place. I would assume she's fighting the Pyramid ship race while we deal with the more immediate threat of Savathun.

She's the only one with a triangle in her name. Checkmate.

by Funkmon @, Wednesday, October 17, 2018, 13:30 (1990 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

*several

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, October 17, 2018, 15:41 (1990 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Am excite

Visit the queen?

by Oholiab @, Wednesday, October 17, 2018, 17:57 (1990 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Loop in the Dreaming City?

I’m so far behind that I have no idea about which you speak!

Seriously, though... can you give me some context? Spoilers are acceptable.

Visit the queen?

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, October 17, 2018, 18:23 (1990 days ago) @ Oholiab
edited by Ragashingo, Wednesday, October 17, 2018, 18:28

One of Petra’s four weekly bounties has you play a few Blind Well rounds and gives an Offering to the Oracle as a reward. You take this to the Oracle building (the big one you your left when you land) and most weeks you just get some loot. But every 3rd week (like this week) the Oracle opens and you enter Mara Sov’s throne world.

This week she has a holographic representation of a fleet of the black pyramid ships we saw in the end cutscene of Destiny 2. Mara implies that they are The Darkness coming to destroy everything once like they did before.

Thank you!

by Oholiab @, Wednesday, October 17, 2018, 19:45 (1989 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

The loop

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Thursday, October 18, 2018, 10:40 (1989 days ago) @ Oholiab

As a more general response to your inquiry about the Loop in the Dreaming City --

The Dreaming City is on a three-week cycle. When Forsaken launched, the Dreaming City was under threat of a taken corruption that was drastically intensified when the first raid team defeated Riven (the last known Ahamkara) in the Last Wish Raid - wherein it turns out Riven's wish was actually to be killed, and upon her death a curse was released upon the dreaming city. As I understand it, one aspect of that curse is that the whole area is in a time loop. Each week the corruption gets stronger, until after the third week in the cycle where it "resets" to being a low-corruption week.

We are currently in a high-corruption week. The high-corruption week has some accompanying events, such as getting to visit Mara Sov upon completing your weekly Offering to the Oracle; the availability of The Shattered Throne (a new activity referred to as a "dungeon" which is basically a 1-3 person mini-raid and which comes with a quest-line for the exotic Wish-Ender bow); and also the highest chances for the Ascendant Primeval Servitor (which looks much like the Voice of Riven you defeated in the Forsaken main campaign) to spawn in Gambit matches, which rewards the winning team with the start of the quest for the Malfeasance exotic hand cannon.

Next Tuesday we will be back to a low-corruption week. If you pay attention to the dialog when talking to Petra and some of her Corsairs, it is apparent that they are aware of the loop that they are caught in due to Riven's "Last Wish" curse.

On the Gambit thing

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, October 18, 2018, 11:51 (1989 days ago) @ Speedracer513

and also the highest chances for the Ascendant Primeval Servitor (which looks much like the Voice of Riven you defeated in the Forsaken main campaign) to spawn in Gambit matches, which rewards the winning team with the start of the quest for the Malfeasance exotic hand cannon.

This will not happen until the next patch on the 30th:

Source: https://twitter.com/A_dmg04/status/1051874101055254533

On the Gambit thing

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Thursday, October 18, 2018, 13:17 (1989 days ago) @ Xenos

and also the highest chances for the Ascendant Primeval Servitor (which looks much like the Voice of Riven you defeated in the Forsaken main campaign) to spawn in Gambit matches, which rewards the winning team with the start of the quest for the Malfeasance exotic hand cannon.

This will not happen until the next patch on the 30th:

Source: https://twitter.com/A_dmg04/status/1051874101055254533

I wasn't referring to the increased-increased chances that are coming with that patch -- just the fact that the "high corruption" week has already had a higher chance that the low- and mid-corruption weeks. They're just going to be making that spawn rate even better on the 30th.

On the Gambit thing

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, October 18, 2018, 13:29 (1989 days ago) @ Speedracer513

I wasn't referring to the increased-increased chances that are coming with that patch -- just the fact that the "high corruption" week has already had a higher chance that the low- and mid-corruption weeks. They're just going to be making that spawn rate even better on the 30th.

Do you have a quote on that? I never saw anything saying it has a better chance during high corruption, just the note in the TWAB saying it WILL have a better chance during full curse week.

On the Gambit thing

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, October 18, 2018, 13:31 (1989 days ago) @ Xenos

Do you have a quote on that? I never saw anything saying it has a better chance during high corruption, just the note in the TWAB saying it WILL have a better chance during full curse week.

I thought that it could only spawn on the third week...

On the Gambit thing

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, October 18, 2018, 13:35 (1989 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I thought that it could only spawn on the third week...

Nah, it started during the third week, but has been able to spawn since then.

On the Gambit thing

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Thursday, October 18, 2018, 13:58 (1989 days ago) @ Xenos

Admittedly, my primary source is my buddy Peter who is one of the main designers of Gambit... During that first week that the Ascendant Primeval Servitor (aka "the Meatball") was spawning with the quest, he explained that the chance would be much higher in full-curse weeks than non-full curse weeks.

I could have sworn I saw something on bungie.net or at least a tweet from one of the community managers or Gambit designers about it around that same time. When they announced the tweaks they will be implementing at the end of the month, they did also say:

During week three of the curse cycle, also known as a full-curse week, the Ascendant Primeval Servitor will have almost the same chance to spawn as any other Primeval. We will also be increasing the chance for the boss to spawn during lesser-curse weeks, but it will still be lower than during a full-curse week (emphasis added)

-- which only really makes sense with the understanding that it was already a higher chance during full-curse weeks.

Also, I'll note that guides on how to get the quest -- such as this one -- say things like:

"it's worth noting its appearance will be higher every third week as the 'curse' grips The Dreaming City as its highest."

So even though I can't recall every "official" source on the subject, it obviously has some level of "common knowledge".

Cool, I just didn't know it was a thing

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, October 18, 2018, 14:09 (1989 days ago) @ Speedracer513

- No text -

Okay, this ain't reddit, but...

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, October 18, 2018, 13:22 (1989 days ago) @ Speedracer513

The Dreaming City is on a three-week cycle. When Forsaken launched, the Dreaming City was under threat of a taken corruption that was drastically intensified when the first raid team defeated Riven (the last known Ahamkara) in the Last Wish Raid - wherein it turns out Riven's wish was actually to be killed, and upon her death a curse was released upon the dreaming city. As I understand it, one aspect of that curse is that the whole area is in a time loop. Each week the corruption gets stronger, until after the third week in the cycle where it "resets" to being a low-corruption week.

...but I love the concept of 'Explain like I'm 5' sometimes.

So I'm all fine with a time loop that cycles every three weeks... but can you explain to me how WE are outside that loop?

Our surroundings (and our enemies) are looping... but we are continuing in our normal advance. We KNOW about the loop, we REMEMBER completing the loop, we live OUTSIDE the loop.

But nothing else in the Dreaming City (that's not a Guardian or an Awoken) does.

Nobody I've talked to (Petra, Mara, Shuro Chi) is stuck in the loop, either - but none of them have explained why not (that I can remember).

Can someone clear this up for me?

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, October 18, 2018, 13:34 (1989 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Nobody I've talked to (Petra, Mara, Shuro Chi) is stuck in the loop, either - but none of them have explained why not (that I can remember).

I don't get the impression it's a time loop, more that the events keep happening again. We are in the loop in that way. We (as the community) run the Raid every week, and run through the same missions every week, Petra I believe mentions this, she knows what's going to happen and yet she ends up doing the same thing.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, October 18, 2018, 13:34 (1989 days ago) @ Claude Errera

...but I love the concept of 'Explain like I'm 5' sometimes.

So I'm all fine with a time loop that cycles every three weeks... but can you explain to me how WE are outside that loop?

Our surroundings (and our enemies) are looping... but we are continuing in our normal advance. We KNOW about the loop, we REMEMBER completing the loop, we live OUTSIDE the loop.

But nothing else in the Dreaming City (that's not a Guardian or an Awoken) does.

So I'm sure raga can explain it better, but it's all about Guardians and the light. Kinda on par with the fact that the Vex can't simulate us. With the light, we are able to forge our own path, so we are able to transcend this time loop. The Awoken are kinda like us but not as good as us, so they are aware of it happening, but can't break out of it. That is why Petra is asking us to help them out because we are the only ones who can freely do stuff outside the 3 week cycle.

Oh right, explain it like a 5 year old...
We are "special"

Request for raga to ELI5 everything

by Funkmon @, Thursday, October 18, 2018, 13:50 (1989 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Like tell me the entire story of forsaken and everything that's happened since like I'm 5 please.

Guardians make their own fate. *SPOILERS*

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, October 18, 2018, 14:48 (1989 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Long story short, there will be in-game lore pages explaining all this. In detail. The basics are:

- There is very much a time loop. It is partly powered by any given six godslayer level Guardians trying their hardest to kill Riven. They wished for something really hard... and someone is now using that wish against them. (Not the worlds first six... just any six in the same sense that six killed Crota or Oryx or whatever)
- Guardians are mostly immune to the time loop thanks to the Light.
- The Awoken know it is happening also thanks to being touched by Light but can’t change anything.
- Riven was the big boss of the Raid, but there’s more going on than just Riven. More bad guys at work but also more good guys.
- Heavy hints are being dropped in the pre and post Dreaming City Quest mission dialogue each week. For instance, the Hive and Vex are mentioned in the mission in the Oracle room where you fight the two ogres. Pay close attention to that stuff. It is not just fluff.
- I am anticipating a mission or even string of missions that deal with all of this directly... in roughly 5 more three week cycles. But I might be off the mark there. It may happen sooner or not at all or in dlc.
- I’m not explaining everything yet because I consider all of this to be ongoing plot and something that shouldn’t be spoiled under any circumstances except to those that really want things that are possibly still coming revealed to them. If someone really wants to know they can grab me on Xbox live.

All of this to say that I was not kidding when I said Forsaken May Be What We Have Been Waiting For.

Guardians make their own fate. *SPOILERS*

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, October 18, 2018, 14:59 (1989 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- I am anticipating a mission or even string of missions that deal with all of this directly... in roughly 5 more three week cycles. But I might be off the mark there. It may happen sooner or not at all or in dlc.

This is pretty freaking obvious when you look at the triumphs:

Visit Mara Sov each time she's available (3/7)

So yeah. 7 loops and we are out.

About that...

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, October 18, 2018, 20:20 (1988 days ago) @ Cody Miller

You're probably almost definitely right, but I already have 5 using only 2 characters. One of my usual fireteam Guardians already has 8. :p

About that...

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, October 18, 2018, 20:27 (1988 days ago) @ ZackDark

You're probably almost definitely right, but I already have 5 using only 2 characters. One of my usual fireteam Guardians already has 8. :p

I’m somehow at 3 with only one character…

About that...

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, October 18, 2018, 22:07 (1988 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Well as odd as it may seem, I'm glad there's apparently some way to catch up or gain extras. Not everyone was really able to get to her the first time around, even if they had been playing Forsaken since launch.

About that...

by Phoenix_9286 @, Friday, October 19, 2018, 01:10 (1988 days ago) @ stabbim

*raises hand* I still haven't spent a single second there beyond completing the mission to make it accessable.

I'm already struggling to keep up with the sheer amount of weekly stuff to do on my limited schedule. I do not need a whole new location full of stuff to do and learn.

Hell, I was ready to walk away for a week or two and dive back into Elite, then FotL hit...

About that...

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, October 19, 2018, 07:22 (1988 days ago) @ stabbim

Well as odd as it may seem, I'm glad there's apparently some way to catch up or gain extras. Not everyone was really able to get to her the first time around, even if they had been playing Forsaken since launch.

I unlocked the Triumph earlier this week... I'm somehow at 8 already.

+1

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Saturday, October 20, 2018, 00:34 (1987 days ago) @ stabbim

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread