RELEASE DATE? *IMG* (Destiny)

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 10:48 (3859 days ago)

So I was making a quick preorder to try to secure a beta code when I find this:

[image]

Do you think it's the actual release date? Or some kind of gaff on Amazons part?

RELEASE DATE? *IMG*

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 10:50 (3859 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

June 30th has been the placeholder date on Amazon since Bungie announced the game would come out in 2014, so I would be surprised if it's the actual release date :)

DON'T WORRY GUYS I'M ON TOP OF IT!

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 10:52 (3859 days ago) @ Xenos

Herp and Derp.

Now I feel rather silly. :P

RELEASE DATE? *IMG*

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 10:52 (3859 days ago) @ Xenos

June 30th has been the placeholder date on Amazon since Bungie announced the game would come out in 2014, so I would be surprised if it's the actual release date :)

It actually says that much on the product description page. Then again, June 30th is technically in the summer, so I expect that date to move up at least a little bit given today's "Spring 2014" announcement.

RELEASE DATE? *IMG*

by Zero @, Florida, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 10:52 (3859 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

I've seen that release date all over the place, it's basically just a placeholder. So I wouldn't really take it to heart, especially since I don't think June qualifies as part of Spring, more or less Summer really.

Kinda think not...

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 10:53 (3859 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

I saw that too, but didn't think they'd let Amazon be the one to announce the date first, so I didn't think to mention it.

Also June, especially late June, is technically summer, not spring, and that wouldn't go with the official "SPRING 2014" announcement in the Moon trailer.

I admit though, season-definition tends to be a bit more squishy when related to games (and movies) release dates.

RELEASE DATE? *IMG*

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 10:55 (3859 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

So I was making a quick preorder to try to secure a beta code when I find this:

[image]

Do you think it's the actual release date? Or some kind of gaff on Amazons part?

Personally I think my original estimate based on the timetables for Halo 3, ODST, and Reach is making more and more sense. I'm estimating April/May.

RELEASE DATE? *IMG*

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 10:57 (3859 days ago) @ Xenos

Nah, for reals it's gonna be June 25th. I talked to Bungle, they said "yeah bro, Destiny is totes fir ur birfday!" It was super legit.

RELEASE DATE? *IMG*

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 10:58 (3859 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

Nah, for reals it's gonna be June 25th. I talked to Bungle, they said "yeah bro, Destiny is totes fir ur birfday!" It was super legit.

I hate to break it to you, they told me they actually just aren't going to let you play it until your birthday...

I throw my hands up in the air sometimes,

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 11:00 (3859 days ago) @ Xenos

June 30 2014 != Spring 2014

by UnrealCh13f @, San Luis Obispo, CA, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 11:07 (3859 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

Probably just a placeholder date.

RELEASE DATE? *IMG*

by Fuertisimo, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 12:02 (3859 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

Yeah release date is Spring according to the trailer. I'm actually surprised its going to be that early since the game supposedly is in pre-alpha still. I was expecting the June/July time frame. Sounds like they must be confident they're gonna streamline that shit and get it out the door!

Wait, if it comes out in Spring or Summer...

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 12:05 (3859 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

Shit, now I'll never get a tan.

Wait, if it comes out in Spring or Summer...

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 12:06 (3859 days ago) @ Leviathan

Shit, now I'll never get a tan.

Pfft. You could LIVE outside and you wouldn't get a tan.

Do not forget

by Schooly D, TSD Gaming Condo, TX, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 12:09 (3859 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

I've already made the definitive statement on the matter. Don't be fooled by the marketers.

October is Spring?

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 12:10 (3859 days ago) @ Schooly D

- No text -

Do not forget

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 12:30 (3859 days ago) @ Schooly D

I've already made the definitive statement on the matter. Don't be fooled by the marketers.

You are making a game with a huge world that you want populated by players. Call it shared world, call it MMO, whatever.

So. Would you rather release it in spring, when all the college kids get out and can spend all day playing, or fall, when they are all GOING to school, and will have no time?

Do not forget

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 12:40 (3859 days ago) @ Cody Miller

So. Would you rather release it in spring, when all the college kids get out and can spend all day playing, or fall, when they are all GOING to school, and will have no time?

Students will play a game whenever they can in great binges avoiding their schoolwork. I know for sure that they were addicted to World of Warcraft and are surely hooked to Call of Duty, and both were released in the Autumn months. Grand Theft Auto V didn't seem to have a single problem earning $1 billion in just a day when most of America's students were headed back to class that week.

Do not forget

by Schooly D, TSD Gaming Condo, TX, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 13:06 (3859 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Your logic and reasoning, while valid, are trumped by my intuition and Schooly Sense™. Or have you forgotten my position as one of the Seven Sages of B.org?

There is only one Sage...

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 13:16 (3859 days ago) @ Schooly D

...and his beard is glorious, mighty, and unsurpassed.

Release Date: Paddy's Birthday 2014

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 13:21 (3859 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread