Most Valuable game in your collection (Gaming)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, November 02, 2018, 12:26 (1994 days ago)

Let's talk cash money.

What do you have in your library that's worth some dough?

I am fortunate enough to have a copy of Snatcher for the SegaCD. It was the only English version of the game, and was released in very limited quantities due to it coming out as the Sega CD was almost dead. There are only "a couple thousand" copies.

Punch it in an ebay and see what it's going for.

It's valuable because it is both rare, extremely good, and by Hideo Kojima.

What other goldmines is DBO sitting on?

P.T.

by TheeChaos @, Friday, November 02, 2018, 12:34 (1994 days ago) @ Cody Miller

P.T. Demo. The Hideo Kojima teaser.

Kind of a joke but not really. People were selling their entire consoles with it installed for lots of money, but Sony shut that down I believe.

Here is an example, appears to be a legit listing.

https://www.amazon.com/Playstation-500GB-RARE-P-T-COTROLLERS-GAMES/dp/B013CBMSV2

I also saw an article today where people were accusing Konami of pushing an update that killed it, but haven't read into it.

P.T.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, November 02, 2018, 12:41 (1994 days ago) @ TheeChaos

P.T. Demo. The Hideo Kojima teaser.

Our hard drive with PT is no longer usable due to firmware update issues, but yeh, it's pretty crazy how much it goes for.

Other than PT, I have a SuperVision Megacom cartridge that I got as a kid for like $2, and it's available through the bootleg market (can't sell bootlegs on eBay) for around $80, so there's that...

P.T.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, November 02, 2018, 12:52 (1994 days ago) @ TheeChaos

I also saw an article today where people were accusing Konami of pushing an update that killed it, but haven't read into it.

Better turn off auto update just to be safe. I have it installed but never understood what the big deal was…

P.T.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, November 02, 2018, 13:23 (1994 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Better turn off auto update just to be safe. I have it installed but never understood what the big deal was…

Rarity.

I had it, then something went wonky at some point and I had to delete everything.

P.T.

by TheeChaos @, Friday, November 02, 2018, 13:29 (1994 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I am not too concerned. Even if I could, its just not something I could do. They would still have access to your account I believe, and I have more in digital purchases than that (sad to type that out haha).

It is neat though. The Demo was awesome. I was very let down when everything fell apart. I wish they would have left the demo up though, so more people could play it and maybe revitalize the pursuit.

Most Valuable game in your collection

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, November 02, 2018, 13:50 (1994 days ago) @ Cody Miller

It's probably my original copy of the PC version of Myst. They seem to go for around 15-20 bucks depending on shipping.

I also have several old Atari 2600 cartridges. Some of them are genuine legends like Donkey Kong, Pitfall, Defender, Missile Command, etc. But oddly, they're not worth as much as Myst despite being a good bit older. Most of them seem to be under $10.

Most Valuable game in your collection

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Friday, November 02, 2018, 23:30 (1994 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Without question, my uber erregend still-so-fresh German Generations Collector's Edition. It's not even available in the US so with import status, plus it's still NM; it could pull in a good amount of money. No way I'm selling it, though!

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread