Rambling Thoughts & Questions. (and Samurai Jack)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, February 18, 2013, 00:36 (4083 days ago)

It’s been so long since I have seen light (you have no idea). This Brave New World. As I have just recently grabbed what little info I have had a chance to glance upon - I am tapping on the immense hivemind of our collective joy on so many things Bungie.

First - an observation that came to mind as I watched the Vidoc. This may seem a little of topic - but please bare with me. Samurai Jack is Awesome. Your Offtopic rule is invalid. ;)

First watch this "Making of Video" involving Samurai Jack.

Now Watch this Destiny ViDoc - Pathways Out of Darkness (again).

What do you notice? Any Similarities? (Any and all - not a bad thing)

So let me get this straight, what it seems Bungie has done is create a world that has story but doesn't need a set of rules. The story in its self gives them the freedom to do whatever they want for the sake of (just shooter?) gameplay. You also have to contend with the (apparently) dynamic nature of the game.

While such a thing does sound promising - How is continuity going to be handled? Or is this a case where they go with the Samurai Jack Approach and have stuff in the Game "Because it’s Awesome - thats why!"

Do we make the story (for real)?

/Probably-Over-Thinking-it

All in all it sounds promising, these few bread crumbs. I’m inferring alot, currently, my thoughts flowing twards the similarities of what I know.

The only problem I see at this point - is time. I look forward to the next set of bread crumbs. :)

JSYK - I have been singing that all day

by Jillybean, Monday, February 18, 2013, 12:48 (4082 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread