Just blueberry things (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, November 16, 2018, 10:05 (1987 days ago)

-Killing the boss before you can throw all the cryo orbs and activate the heroic
-Using your super when you have no chance of winning the round
-Forgetting you can revive others
-Going off and arming the charge when everyone is on the other side of the map
-Invading while holding 10 motes

What else do blueberries do that you love?

Just blueberry things

by Harmanimus @, Friday, November 16, 2018, 10:14 (1987 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Thanks to the Free-on-PC promo there are very few people triggering heroic PEs.

I forgot what it was like to have low level players try to look at your guardian. Sometimes completely ignoring that I am trying to complete an event and they are now double not helping.

Just blueberry things

by Claude Errera @, Friday, November 16, 2018, 10:23 (1987 days ago) @ Cody Miller

-Killing the boss before you can throw all the cryo orbs and activate the heroic
-Using your super when you have no chance of winning the round
-Forgetting you can revive others
-Going off and arming the charge when everyone is on the other side of the map
-Invading while holding 10 motes

I can sympathize with everything on this list except for #2

I guess I'm not really sure of the context you're talking about - I guess this could apply to either Competitive or Gambit.

If it refers to Gambit, though, the one thing I know for sure is that there is almost NEVER a point where you have no chance of winning the round. (I guess if you don't have a primeval, and the other team is at a sliver of yellow, you're probably wasting your super... but in almost every other case, there's a chance, and using your super could mean the difference between capitalizing on that chance and losing the round.)

(If you're talking about Competitive, I don't have enough experience to comment. :) )

Just blueberry things

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, November 16, 2018, 10:27 (1987 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Competitive.

You either lose the round and keep your super, or lose the round and have your super for the next one, which is obviously preferable. We are talking like if you are the last guardian standing when the other team still has three lives left.

Oh, and..

by Claude Errera @, Friday, November 16, 2018, 10:28 (1987 days ago) @ Claude Errera

So one of the things about Tangled Shore bounties is that there's a requirement to finish X (usually 2) Public Events... but it says nothing at all about Heroics. There are definitely reasons to push PEs heroic:

• Hawthorne/Zavala bounties ask for Heroics
  • Triumphs ask for Heroics
  • Heroics give 2 Ghost Fragments, instead of 1

(There are probably more, those are the ones that come to mind)

If, however, you're just trying to finish the TS bounty, and you don't need/want any of those other things... you might find yourself forcing his death early just to save time.

I've thought about exactly that

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Friday, November 16, 2018, 10:31 (1987 days ago) @ Claude Errera

So one of the things about Tangled Shore bounties is that there's a requirement to finish X (usually 2) Public Events... but it says nothing at all about Heroics. There are definitely reasons to push PEs heroic:

• Hawthorne/Zavala bounties ask for Heroics
  • Triumphs ask for Heroics
  • Heroics give 2 Ghost Fragments, instead of 1

(There are probably more, those are the ones that come to mind)

If, however, you're just trying to finish the TS bounty, and you don't need/want any of those other things... you might find yourself forcing his death early just to save time.

Just one of the unfortunate side effects of certain bounties.I find that sometimes, when I have a bounty for heroics, then I don't bother to help with a PE that looks like it won't be going heroic because I'm under a time crunch.

It's a really interesting design problem to solve.

I've thought about exactly that

by Harmanimus @, Friday, November 16, 2018, 10:54 (1987 days ago) @ kidtsunami

It causes me to tag a shot to “join” but then do something welse in the area so that I get completion experience. But it feels dirty. There is no PE I don’t prefer doing the Heroic version of, so there is that.

Shotgunning mini-blights during the Taken PE

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Friday, November 16, 2018, 10:44 (1987 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I get four seconds of damage on the big blight and the smaller blight is gone by the time I try to dip back in for another buff. They don't even take the hint when I throw a towering barricade directly in front of it.

-Disciple

You can take a noob to water . . .

by Harmanimus @, Friday, November 16, 2018, 10:55 (1987 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

- No text -

I mean

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Friday, November 16, 2018, 11:04 (1987 days ago) @ Harmanimus

That really isn't exactly the easiest heroic to understand. Even when it does get triggered, it's hard to process why. Hell even when I'm working towards triggering it, I actually have no idea what the actual progress is...

I'm not surprised when people screw it up, I'm just frustrated.

I mean

by Harmanimus @, Friday, November 16, 2018, 11:37 (1987 days ago) @ kidtsunami

Oh, I totally understand. But some players seem intentionaly dense. Triggering the Glimmer Drill Heroic and a blueberry stands there watching me shoot the thing and procedes to not help but instead chase the marker. I guess the assumption that the people who are already time invested might know what they are doing is uncommon.

Shotgunning mini-blights during the Taken PE

by squidnh3, Friday, November 16, 2018, 11:43 (1987 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

I purposely do this for the first two rounds because the third round requires way less damage to trigger the Heroic (one Wardcliff will do). Unless there are a whole lot of participants, it's faster that way.

Yeah wait, can you explain more?

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Friday, November 16, 2018, 11:49 (1987 days ago) @ squidnh3

I purposely do this for the first two rounds because the third round requires way less damage to trigger the Heroic (one Wardcliff will do). Unless there are a whole lot of participants, it's faster that way.

Is there a buff I can watch out for for this?

Are you saying 1 wardcliff shot will trigger it on the 3rd spawn even if you haven't shot it before?

How many sleeper/whisper shots?

My heart sinks whenever this PE comes up because I'm just thinking "WHAT IS HAPPENING" the whole time.

Yeah wait, can you explain more?

by Harmanimus @, Friday, November 16, 2018, 12:32 (1987 days ago) @ kidtsunami

The Blight has less health each step, so it is easier to trigger in later stages. I, personally, only break the blights to move the boss fight to a preferred area.

Just blueberry things

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Monday, November 19, 2018, 08:51 (1984 days ago) @ Cody Miller

• Camping heavy ammo in PvP, dying immediately.
• Repeatedly dying in a specific place, repeatedly returning to same place.
• Standing right by your revive icon in the haunted forest for a considerable amount of time, killing baddies, then running away without reviving you.
• Using supers and heavies on the boss in strikes while they are immune instead of waiting 3 seconds.
• Entering team voice chat. I don't even know how to do that, nor have desire to.

Side note, I'm pretty sure I hardcore blueberried a few players a couple weeks ago. I picked up the biggest spider bounty where a guy randomly appears in the EDZ. I camped the area for about 30 minutes waiting for him. Got bored, was piddling in my menu. When I came out, he was just standing right in front of me, full health. I melted him immediately and pretty sure I did it before anyone else got a chance to land bullets on him. After I killed him, all the other players just started shooting me until I left the area.

Just blueberry things

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Monday, November 19, 2018, 09:05 (1984 days ago) @ ManKitten

Side note, I'm pretty sure I hardcore blueberried a few players a couple weeks ago. I picked up the biggest spider bounty where a guy randomly appears in the EDZ. I camped the area for about 30 minutes waiting for him. Got bored, was piddling in my menu. When I came out, he was just standing right in front of me, full health. I melted him immediately and pretty sure I did it before anyone else got a chance to land bullets on him. After I killed him, all the other players just started shooting me until I left the area.

Yeah, potentially a dick move, though I think it's party excusable when you've come out of the menu after being in it for a while, because you don't really have a sense of how much time you have left. The "target is leaving" message could have already appeared for all you know.

Just blueberry things

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Monday, November 19, 2018, 09:11 (1984 days ago) @ stabbim

Yeah, potentially a dick move, though I think it's party excusable when you've come out of the menu after being in it for a while, because you don't really have a sense of how much time you have left. The "target is leaving" message could have already appeared for all you know.

hehe, not potentially...totally a dick move. But just like you said, I was kind of startled by him and panicked not knowing how long he had been there. After I killed him, I realized what I had done. mehwell.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread