Welcome to the Crucible. (Destiny)

by CommanderCartman, Redmond, WA and Jeddah, SA, Friday, November 16, 2018, 23:52 (1958 days ago)

SHOTGUN SHOTGUN SHOTGUN SHOTGUN SHOTGUN SHOTGUN SHOTGUN SHOTGUN SHOTGUN SHOTGUN SHOTGUN SHOTGUN SHOTGUN SHOTGUN SHOTGUN SHOTGUN SHOTGUN SHOTGUN SHOTGUN SHOTGUN SHOTGUN SHOTGUN SHOTGUN SHOTGUN SHOTGUN SHOTGUN SHOTGUN SHOTGUN SHOTGUN SHOTGUN SHOTGUN SHOTGUN

I absolutely despise this meta, would really like to see something similar to Halo where you need to remember spawns around the map so you can go pick up the special, so it's not this constant, endless spam of shotguns and fusion rifles out of every corner.

What do you guys think of the Crucible now?

queue some advice about engaging shotguns correctly

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Saturday, November 17, 2018, 08:58 (1958 days ago) @ CommanderCartman

- No text -

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, November 17, 2018, 14:44 (1958 days ago) @ kidtsunami

Jump over them and use anonymous autumn.

Hand Cannons FTW. (Trust your Trust)

by breitzen @, Kansas, Saturday, November 17, 2018, 21:14 (1957 days ago) @ kidtsunami

- No text -

Hand Cannons FTW. (Trust your Trust)

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, November 18, 2018, 00:04 (1957 days ago) @ breitzen

So.

I've still only had a single Trust drop. I initially hated the roll (hated it strong, I guess--I would prefer a different roll). It has opening shot and hip fire grip. Well, it turns out, that roll is pretty damn good in Crucible. The thing has really good accuracy from the hip, so much so that Trust has become my panic weapon. I just whip it out and start shooting without aiming down sights, and it still destroys. I put Freehand Grip on it for extra hip fire accuracy. It's not quite The Last Word, but damn is it close.

by CommanderCartman, Redmond, WA and Jeddah, SA, Sunday, November 18, 2018, 10:15 (1957 days ago) @ kidtsunami

yeah that's what I do. as best as I can, I also maneuver to keep as much range as possible as I like to use pulses over HCs and Auto Rifles, but still the spam is a little too much.

cue...

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Sunday, November 18, 2018, 14:13 (1957 days ago) @ kidtsunami

- No text -

We can totally line up some advice.

by Harmanimus @, Sunday, November 18, 2018, 14:46 (1957 days ago) @ kidtsunami

- No text -

Welcome to the Crucible.

by squidnh3, Sunday, November 18, 2018, 12:09 (1957 days ago) @ CommanderCartman

I like it a lot, because it's way more dynamic than Y1D2. The shotgun meta is the price to pay for that - unfortunately most of the maps were not designed for this, and the problem is exacerbated by not knowing what map your are playing until 3 seconds before the game starts. I think you'd see more varied loadouts for specific maps if people had some time to set up.

Trap setting and teamwork is the way to beat shotguns. It's hard unless you play with people and communicate though.

I wouldn't mind seeing some usability buffs to other secondaries. Snipers could have just a touch less zoom, SMGs could have a touch more body damage, and fusions could have some reduced bolt spread (and there could be more of them dropping).

Welcome to the Crucible.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, November 18, 2018, 12:46 (1957 days ago) @ squidnh3

and fusions could have some reduced bolt spread

Except Telesto. I love Fusion Rifles but Telesto is bonkers good right now.

Welcome to the Crucible.

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, November 18, 2018, 13:24 (1957 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Telesto is more annoying right now than shotguns have ever been in the entirety of Destiny.

Hated Telesto. Used it. Destroyed with it...

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Sunday, November 18, 2018, 15:21 (1957 days ago) @ cheapLEY

...needed a shower afterword. That thing is dirty and needs a hardcore nerf.

-Disciple

Psst! Antaeus Wards. Kill them with their own crutch.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, November 19, 2018, 09:54 (1956 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

It's become my main Exotic in Competitive. Reflect their Shotguns/telesto/Supers right back at them.

by cheapLEY @, Monday, November 19, 2018, 11:02 (1956 days ago) @ Korny

It's become my main Exotic in Competitive. Reflect their Shotguns/telesto/Supers right back at them.

Sure. At the current exotic drop rate, I should have that particular one by about 2022. What do I do until then? (:

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, November 19, 2018, 11:16 (1956 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Sure. At the current exotic drop rate, I should have that particular one by about 2022. What do I do until then? (:

Buy it when they introduce pay to win microtransactions as in the Korean version.

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Monday, November 19, 2018, 11:35 (1956 days ago) @ Korny

That happens to be one of two exotic armor pieces I've received in Forsaken, but I'm really terrible at timing the slide even against PvE enemies. I haven't even attempted to use them in Crucible.

-Disciple

We got fun and games?

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Monday, November 19, 2018, 11:12 (1956 days ago) @ CommanderCartman

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread