Fix yer sh*t, Bungie! (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Sunday, November 25, 2018, 17:24 (1972 days ago)

I lost access to an old email address many months ago. I changed my email at Bungie.net. I clicked for them to send me a verification email, but today, when I go to buy my Thunderlord shirt, I realize that my email, although changed, has not been verified. I click send verification again. No verification email has ever arrived. I found a topic about that suggests that I use another email. I enter in a new email. It will not let me ask for another verification email for another 24 hours because now I have recently changed my email.

I'm going to be ROYALLY PISSED if I can't buy that shirt because of this.

Fix yer sh*t, Bungie!

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Sunday, November 25, 2018, 19:03 (1972 days ago) @ Kermit

I'm not buying one and my account works. Let me know size and location (and gamer tag... is that an option?) and I'll have one sent to you. We can work out money stuff afterward.

+1

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, November 25, 2018, 20:11 (1972 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I also have a code that I won't use (I guess. I've never checked--you get one for doing the Thunderlord quest, correct?).

Fix yer sh*t, Bungie!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, November 26, 2018, 05:53 (1971 days ago) @ Ragashingo

How very kind of you! Email sent.

Fix yer sh*t, Bungie!

by Achronos, Monday, November 26, 2018, 16:03 (1971 days ago) @ Kermit

Sometimes email providers who use one or two specific security packages end up blocking our verification messages. Apple/icloud is a notorious example. We try to stay ahead of it, but providers not named "google" and "microsoft" can be hit and miss for periods of time. So... use a gmail.com address instead is a good work around and let us know about the email that didn't work (specifically, the domain, you don't need to post your full email anywhere). Sorry about that, it is a rather silly problem.

Fix yer sh*t, Bungie!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, November 26, 2018, 16:56 (1971 days ago) @ Achronos

Thanks for the specifics. I thought you might speak up. :)

Most of my emails end in mac.com, so there you go. I finally switched to my gmail, but it won't send a verification yet because it hasn't been 24 hours since it last sent one (unsuccessfully). I'll try again later tonight.

Success!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, November 27, 2018, 05:51 (1970 days ago) @ Kermit

I got the verification email and the shirt is ordered. Thanks to all for the advice and help, and especially to those DBOers who offered me a code. You guys are awesome. Part of my panic was thinking the deadline was yesterday--it's today.

New complaint: it seems like every item I looked at in the store must now be bought separately. I get that for pre-orders and specialty items like Triumph shirts, but otherwise, why? I know I'm spoiled by the free shipping that many offer, but if you spend hundreds of dollars at the Bungie Store, as I have, this works out to be a pretty significant markup every if you have to pay for each item to be shipped separately. Feels a lot like a money grab. :(

Shopping

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Tuesday, November 27, 2018, 11:07 (1970 days ago) @ Kermit

New complaint: it seems like every item I looked at in the store must now be bought separately. I get that for pre-orders and specialty items like Triumph shirts, but otherwise, why? I know I'm spoiled by the free shipping that many offer, but if you spend hundreds of dollars at the Bungie Store, as I have, this works out to be a pretty significant markup every if you have to pay for each item to be shipped separately. Feels a lot like a money grab. :(

I can't replicate this issue. I just stacked a few items in one cart, and it let me get all of the way to the checkout process (didn't submit the order, though, since this was just a test). I've seen the one-item-only behavior when I have a specialty item that requires a code in my cart, but otherwise, it's just a normal shopping cart experience.

Shopping

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, November 27, 2018, 14:19 (1970 days ago) @ Beorn

I can't replicate this issue. I just stacked a few items in one cart, and it let me get all of the way to the checkout process (didn't submit the order, though, since this was just a test). I've seen the one-item-only behavior when I have a specialty item that requires a code in my cart, but otherwise, it's just a normal shopping cart experience.

I can't replicate it now either. The one-item-only notice was on my Thunderlord shirt (I think), and maybe something stayed in the cache that shouldn't have? Who knows?

I know I'm barking up the wrong tree

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Tuesday, November 27, 2018, 10:30 (1970 days ago) @ Achronos
edited by Pyromancy, Tuesday, November 27, 2018, 10:43

Sorry to be so forward
I know I'm barking up the wrong tree with this; do you have any ideas about why the Companion Application won't proceed with authentication through Captcha/ReCaptcha process and Sony credentials?

Is there a way to dig further into this with someone?

I know I'm barking up the wrong tree

by Achronos, Tuesday, November 27, 2018, 16:00 (1970 days ago) @ Pyromancy

Sorry to be so forward
I know I'm barking up the wrong tree with this; do you have any ideas about why the Companion Application won't proceed with authentication through Captcha/ReCaptcha process and Sony credentials?

I'm out of the office right now, but I do know we're tracking an issue with Sony's authentication on a very particular version of IOS (10.3, i think?). I don't know if that's the issue you're talking about though.

In general, the help forum is the best place for reporting that kind of thing (specifically the subforum most relevant to your problem). Even if a response isn't made, it is seen, and we use that direct resources into investigating and solving problems.

+1 for helping out here. You guys rock. =)

by slycrel ⌂, Tuesday, November 27, 2018, 18:10 (1970 days ago) @ Achronos

- No text -

Ditto

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, November 28, 2018, 06:13 (1969 days ago) @ slycrel

- No text -

Thank You for the courteous reply!

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Friday, November 30, 2018, 17:43 (1967 days ago) @ Achronos
edited by Pyromancy, Friday, November 30, 2018, 18:34

Sorry to be so forward

I'm out of the office right now, but I do know we're tracking an issue with Sony's authentication on a very particular version of IOS (10.3, i think?). I don't know if that's the issue you're talking about though.

In general, the help forum is the best place for reporting that kind of thing (specifically the subforum most relevant to your problem). Even if a response isn't made, it is seen, and we use that direct resources into investigating and solving problems.

(sorry for the late reply, I finally have some free time to post, had a busy week)

As the other guys have said, Thank You for the courteous reply!

Yes I reported it in the Bungie help forum in the subforum most relevant to my problem. I even opened a help ticket directly with Sony (#29862543)(despite repeated follow ups, Sony INSISTS Bungie has to fix their own 3rd party application even though it appears to maybe be a Sony sign-on portal issue?).
The issue is impacting iOS AND Android alike (I'm on Android) and this may be a systematic problem rather than a simple issue with a particular build of iOS, as it has been reported by many users of both different devices.

I reported this over a month ago and see no development with the problem and would like to follow up in some fashion, except there seems to be no path of recourse here. (I even tried emailing the email address listed on the contact page of the Android Application Store "bma_sup at bungiedotcom" it isn't even vaild and emails are undeliverable.)

Most respectfully, I'd like to try and escalate this issue while finding a way to co-opt a conjoined solution with both Bungie and Sony together.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread