Oh my god . . . huge spoiler, Black Armory cutscene *SP!* (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, November 27, 2018, 19:44 (1970 days ago)

Just saw this on reddit. I don't know anything about it, where it came from, etc, but damn it's cool. I did not expect this.

Click at your own risk! Not lying about huge spoilers!

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! *SPOILERS!*

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, November 27, 2018, 20:02 (1970 days ago) @ cheapLEY

He hated Guardians so much and now he is one! Uldren for new Hunter Vanguard, please! :p

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, November 27, 2018, 20:24 (1970 days ago) @ Ragashingo

He hated Guardians so much and now he is one! Uldren for new Hunter Vanguard, please! :p

I'd be okay with that. I really like Uldren's character design visually, and his voice actor is great. I hope we really get to see him develop as a Guardian, unlike the other slew of cast-members in Destiny 2 who show up once, then are never seen again (Hey Sloane, what are you up to these days? That computer must be super captivating, huh, Ana?).

Presumably, he won't remember who he is, right?

Are there any other Guardians known in the lore that died, and then were made Guardians so quickly? Ana Bray mentions that it's basically taboo for Guardians to try and find out who they were in their past life, but that's going to be impossible to avoid for Uldren, I think. I mean, we just killed the dude a few months ago, and, whether he remembers or not, he killed a beloved Guardian--I don't think folks at the Tower will be eager to forgive him.

by Dust223, Tuesday, November 27, 2018, 23:25 (1970 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Considering that Cayde's Vanguard Dare was to make whichever hunter that killed him have to replace him as the new hunter vanguard that is a very real possibility.

I really REALLY wish I hadn't clicked this.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, November 28, 2018, 06:30 (1970 days ago) @ cheapLEY
edited by MacAddictXIV, Wednesday, November 28, 2018, 06:35

Like, a lot. I would advise people not to click this. Honestly, it's not worth it for what is spoiled. You will most likely see it within the first couple hours of playing Black Armory next week.

Wait it out.

+999

by breitzen @, Kansas, Wednesday, November 28, 2018, 07:30 (1970 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

- No text -

Sorry!

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, November 28, 2018, 10:20 (1969 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I did say huge spoilers!

In hindsight, I shouldn’t have embedded the video, maybe. I didn’t really pay attention to the video’s title or it’s cover picture, so the embedded video really makes it impossible to avoid.

If an admin sees this and it’s not too late to matter, maybe change it to a link instead?

Sorry!

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, November 28, 2018, 10:25 (1969 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I did say huge spoilers!

In hindsight, I shouldn’t have embedded the video, maybe. I didn’t really pay attention to the video’s title or it’s cover picture, so the embedded video really makes it impossible to avoid.

If an admin sees this and it’s not too late to matter, maybe change it to a link instead?

I mean, it's ultimately my own fault. I guess I just didn't realize how big of a spoiler it was :D

I was totally going into it thinking "a huge spoiler for Black Armory? It can't be that bad" then I saw it and was like "Damn, that's like a massive spoiler for Destiny as a whole"

Sorry!

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, November 28, 2018, 10:27 (1969 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

You’re completely right. I really am sorry. I don’t much care about spoilers, but I’m not out trying to ruin things for those that do. I really should have been more clear and explicit. I was just really excited when I saw it and posted too hastily, clearly.

Sorry!

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Wednesday, November 28, 2018, 10:34 (1969 days ago) @ cheapLEY

To be fair, you labeled your post about as clearly as it could be labeled. For some reason, though, between your post title and the title of Raga's response, I decided it was a fake spoiler warning for a funny fan-made video that would totally be spoilery IF it were real. Oh well.

-Disciple

Sorry!

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, November 28, 2018, 10:42 (1969 days ago) @ cheapLEY

You’re completely right. I really am sorry. I don’t much care about spoilers, but I’m not out trying to ruin things for those that do. I really should have been more clear and explicit. I was just really excited when I saw it and posted too hastily, clearly.

Again, you're fine, I am the one that decided to click it. Although I personally would have preferred more context to the spoiler, that is my preference not someone who posted it.

If you hadn't put any spoiler context on it I would be trying to find out where you live... :D

Sorry!

by breitzen @, Kansas, Wednesday, November 28, 2018, 13:28 (1969 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Nah, you're good. Like Mac talked about, it's our own fault! You did warn us, we just didn't know how serious it was. lol

Honestly, I'm way more excited about the story aspect now, I kinda figured we wouldn't really get much in terms of world/story progression over the next year. Clearly, that isn't the case!

Changed.

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, November 28, 2018, 11:08 (1969 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Late, certainly. But still changed.

Thanks!

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, November 28, 2018, 11:16 (1969 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

Sorry!

by marmot 1333 @, Wednesday, November 28, 2018, 13:10 (1969 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Even though you said huge spoilers, for some reason I thought it was a youtube parody... I thought your huge spoiler warning was sarcastic.

Then I started watching it and thought "Huh, I don't remember this cut scene. How did they make this? .... oh. Oh."

Edit: See that Kermit basically had the same thought re: parody.

What A Twist!! (yep...major spoiler)

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Wednesday, November 28, 2018, 09:38 (1969 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Yes this is a super duper spoiler....but this is the most exciting thing I've seen. I take back my post from yesterday about being excited. Instead of releasing the vidoc, they should have just released this video!

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, November 28, 2018, 09:47 (1969 days ago) @ ManKitten

The fun part is someone somewhere should have guessed this would happen. It's kinda obvious in retrospect. And it is a hilarious, fun, lore-compliant, whoa Nelly of a twist. I love it. I hope it really goes places. I totally want Hunter Vanguard Uldren sneering at me as he sends me on missions. I totally want Mara to have to acknowledge that now even her family is dependent on the Traveler. And I'm super happy not to lose Uldren's voice actor!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, November 28, 2018, 10:01 (1969 days ago) @ Ragashingo

The fun part is someone somewhere should have guessed this would happen. It's kinda obvious in retrospect. And it is a hilarious, fun, lore-compliant, whoa Nelly of a twist. I love it. I hope it really goes places. I totally want Hunter Vanguard Uldren sneering at me as he sends me on missions. I totally want Mara to have to acknowledge that now even her family is dependent on the Traveler. And I'm super happy not to lose Uldren's voice actor!

Me, too, and I should have believed you, CheapLEY. It's a huge spoiler. I thought you were being hyperbolic in a jokey way--you weren't. I think in my head I was expecting some kind of parody video.

TIL: *SP!* doesn't mean Sarcasm! Who knew! /s

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, November 28, 2018, 13:41 (1969 days ago) @ cheapLEY

TIL: *SP!* doesn't mean Sarcasm! Who knew! /s

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Wednesday, November 28, 2018, 14:44 (1969 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

[image]

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread