Vex can’t time travel? (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, November 29, 2018, 08:49 (1968 days ago)

I was reading a Reddit post, and the author casually mentioned that the infinite Forrest reveals that he Vex can’t actually time travel, but rather can just simulate all the timelines and make a decision.

What?! Where was this said? Anyone remember? I guess that would explain why they don’t just go back in time and blow up the Earth before they traveler gets there. But it seems like a huge retcon!

Vex can’t time travel?

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, November 29, 2018, 08:55 (1968 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I was reading a Reddit post, and the author casually mentioned that the infinite Forrest reveals that he Vex can’t actually time travel, but rather can just simulate all the timelines and make a decision.

What?! Where was this said? Anyone remember? I guess that would explain why they don’t just go back in time and blow up the Earth before they traveler gets there. But it seems like a huge retcon!

It wasn’t said anywhere. That person was extrapolating and voiced a theory based on the existence of the Infinite Forest itself. I don’t find that theory particularly convincing. Being able to time travel doesn’t mean that being able to simulate infinite timelines in the Infinite Forest wouldn’t be beneficial.

We literally see ancient and future Vex on Mercury (while not in the Forest), which would indicate that they in fact do time travel.

+1 Don't believe everything you see on Reddit. :)

by breitzen @, Kansas, Thursday, November 29, 2018, 09:13 (1968 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

Crap. brb - need to sell bitcoin

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, November 29, 2018, 09:24 (1968 days ago) @ breitzen

- No text -

lol

by Robot Chickens, Thursday, November 29, 2018, 10:06 (1968 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

Vex can’t time travel?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, November 29, 2018, 09:51 (1968 days ago) @ cheapLEY

So the question is why the Vex didn’t wipe out humanity pre golden age so guardians are never a thing.

Something about 14,000,605:1

by Harmanimus @, Thursday, November 29, 2018, 09:54 (1968 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Multiple in-game sources say that they can't.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, November 29, 2018, 09:49 (1968 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Although everyone in-game is speculating.

Look at the Hunter Kairos Function Boots:

If the Vex had achieved what we would call 'time travel,' surely none of us would now exist." —Sister Faora, "Theories on the Vex"

Drifter also occasionally shuts it down before a Vex match.

That said, Remember Skolas, and how he was supposedly pulling Fallen through time to fight for him?
Bungie never bothered to explain that one.

Multiple in-game sources say that they can't.

by Harmanimus @, Thursday, November 29, 2018, 09:53 (1968 days ago) @ Korny

Some grains of salt for the unreliable nature of in-universe sources. Any speculation a character makes could be true or
Could be false. Though I think it is important to consider that a) the Vex aren’t necessarily infinitely powerful regarding tome travel b) wiping us out prior to the Traveler doesn’t serve their purpose.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread