Looking for slightly less crazy Xbox raiders (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, November 29, 2018, 12:13 (1946 days ago)

Disciple’s thread below reminded me of something I’ve been meaning to post for a while: are there any other DBO Xbox raiders who don’t like blind raiding? I really enjoy raiding, but the whole process of figuring out the encounters just has no appeal for me. I’d rather watch a few videos then jump in and beat the raid in an hour or two, and spend the following weeks developing and perfecting new strats and learning all positions.
I’d love to join or put together a group who is interested in jumping into the raid as soon as we can reasonably manage, but where we all have a basic idea of what to do and stand a decent chance of completing it within a couple hours. Back in the D1 days, I’d just skip the first week of a raid’s availability while everyone on my friends list got through their blind runs. But these days, the level grind has become so long and the raid encounters so complex that groups who commit to a blind completion might not finish their first run until many weeks after launch. I don’t want to wait that long before being able to settle in with a semi-regular group :)

So, is there anyone here who is in a similar boat?

Looking for slightly less crazy Xbox raiders

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Thursday, November 29, 2018, 13:08 (1946 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

This is more methan Blind. But I usually just don't talk in blind unless it's something I see on that run. Did that last time with Spire I think. I watched and had a good idea, but when it came to running blind just don't talk unless it's clear.

I signed up as a maybe for D's because getting that much time away from the wife is a bit hard, which is why i like knowing what to do and just getting it done, have little time, want to make progress when i do play.

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Thursday, November 29, 2018, 17:31 (1946 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I am interested if I can swing the time and the power level.

I usually go in semiblind. I know some of the encounters and have heard of mechanics but have seldom studied them intently and have to learn and practice things. Plus I find watching some YouTube is different from actually playing.

by Fantom ⌂, Chicago, Illinois, Thursday, November 29, 2018, 21:36 (1946 days ago) @ CougRon

I am down for this. Hell, I haven't even beaten Leviathan or even stepped into a Lair yet.

this how I prefer to raid

by Oholiab @, Friday, November 30, 2018, 08:57 (1945 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Maybe this is antithetical to the design of the raid, but I prefer to run it with persons who know the mechanics, and who don’t mind explaining the encounters. Robot Chickens is exemplar in this regard.

I really enjoy new Destiny content, spaces, and experiences, and I would probably enjoy a blind raid, but for me it’s an issue of time commitment.

Me

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Friday, November 30, 2018, 10:01 (1945 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Though I haven't decided about the annual pass yet, and I'm out of town still. I like doing the raids, but I'm ambivalent about blind or not.

Same.

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Friday, November 30, 2018, 10:49 (1945 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

Though I haven't decided about the annual pass yet, and I'm out of town still. I like doing the raids, but I'm ambivalent about blind or not.

I don't care about blind or not. I do like to spend time appreciating the environments, but I'd rather have a clear-ish understanding of the goals and the wipe mechanics and time limits and all of that. I'm not interested in blundering about until win conditions are met. For those that don't know, I'm on most nights, and am typically down for any activity.

Definitely my preferred method of raiding

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Friday, November 30, 2018, 10:45 (1945 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread