When Bugs NEED to become features (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, December 06, 2018, 07:45 (1939 days ago)

Apparently, this was a recent bug:

https://mobile.twitter.com/bungie/status/1070090332400844802

Bungie has already patched it. I’m sad that they patched it. Hopefully we can rally support to have this big boi show up randomly in patrol spaces as a HVT :)

I'm really sad I never got to experience this bug!

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Thursday, December 06, 2018, 08:35 (1939 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

Korny . . .

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, December 06, 2018, 09:40 (1939 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Insert some relevant Warframe anicdote here. I’m sure there’s something.

I would love to see them put this big boy in the game somewhere. Either as a rare variant of this strike boss, or maybe as a new Flashpoint HVT on Nessus.

Korny . . .

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, December 06, 2018, 12:14 (1939 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Insert some relevant Warframe anicdote here. I’m sure there’s something.

Totally. I can think of three examples right off the bat (including the comically oversized sword you saw me using last time).

I would love to see them put this big boy in the game somewhere. Either as a rare variant of this strike boss, or maybe as a new Flashpoint HVT on Nessus.

The DE thing that Bungie could have done would have been to inform players about the bug, take the strike out of the playlist, since it caused issues at every stage, and would have frustrated people, but leave it in the Director for the week that it took them to fix it. That way, people who wanted to give it a go anyway could do so and have fun, and the greater population could just do the playlist with no worries. There ya go, a weeklong reason for people to hop on and have fun with something different.

The DE thing would have also been to leave the six-player Corrupted strike in, since people loved it, and it was only available for the specific quest step, with the understanding that it might not work 100% as intended.

For now, Bungie could add Brotheon as a random Infinite Forest spawn, with a unique reward, giving folks reason to venture into Brother Vance's Heroic Adventures again. Bringing value back to those!

Alexa, Play ‘BFG Division’.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Thursday, December 06, 2018, 11:12 (1939 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

In awe of the size of this lad

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, December 06, 2018, 12:02 (1939 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

absolute unit.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, December 06, 2018, 12:39 (1939 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

What you should know about this bug...

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, December 06, 2018, 12:37 (1939 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY
edited by INSANEdrive, Thursday, December 06, 2018, 12:43

It never went public. It was caught by Bungie Testers before it was able to go live (basically) as they turned off this strike with the patch this bug was on. As awesome as it was, this bug also completely broke the strike. The only reason we have this is because it was mentioned in the Patch notes and reddit was all...

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIVE BIGBOI PROTHEON VIDEO ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Thus... we have the glory.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread