Scourge of the Past in under 15 minutes *SP obviously* (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, December 08, 2018, 16:58 (1964 days ago)

Spoilers for the new raid. Someone ran it under 15 minutes.

This raid looks like a lot of fun :)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Sunday, December 09, 2018, 13:54 (1963 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

Yeah, it looks cool.

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, December 09, 2018, 15:54 (1963 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I love that big open space in the first encounter. Just looks cool. And the inclusive of Sparrows is great.

First part is frustrating. Second part is a BLAST!

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Sunday, December 09, 2018, 18:06 (1963 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

*SP*

by bluerunner @, Music City, Sunday, December 09, 2018, 18:12 (1963 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

[image]

+1

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Sunday, December 09, 2018, 19:18 (1963 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

First part is frustrating. Second part is a BLAST!

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, December 09, 2018, 18:46 (1963 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

The first encounter seems like it will be totally fine (and even pretty cool) when you aren't fighting the light level deficit.

First part is frustrating. *Spoilerish*

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Sunday, December 09, 2018, 19:17 (1963 days ago) @ cheapLEY

The first encounter seems like it will be totally fine (and even pretty cool) when you aren't fighting the light level deficit.

Even at higher levels, chasing that dumb Captain down while he teleports all over the place, jumps three stories into the air, and positions himself into a corner where his back is completely inaccessible, is still going to be more annoying that fun. It is nice, though, that at 631+ you can take a direct hit from the attack he launches right after his suppression field and still have a sliver of health left. That makes things a at least a little less terrible :p

-Disciple

This is a really fun raid

by squidnh3, Tuesday, December 11, 2018, 05:37 (1961 days ago) @ cheapLEY

The blind raid team got through another encounter last night, to what seems to be the final encounter. Without spoiling anything, this raid has some unique features no other raid has had till this point. It's also totally do-able at a lower light level - most of us I think are still in the 520s. The raid also seems to be a great place for Prime Engram drops (unless you are InsaneDrive), so you can start at a lower level and level up as you fail and learn the encounters. I went up +5 levels from our attempts at the first encounter alone.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, December 11, 2018, 07:14 (1961 days ago) @ squidnh3

Good news about the light level. PS4 people wanna try this weekend?

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, December 11, 2018, 08:43 (1961 days ago) @ Cody Miller

He meant 620s, not 520s, Cody, just fyi.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, December 11, 2018, 08:48 (1961 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Ok never mind. Cue bitching about light level and grind and enhancement cores again.

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Tuesday, December 11, 2018, 09:45 (1961 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Better than my 120 light level claim :)

by squidnh3, Tuesday, December 11, 2018, 10:43 (1961 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Haha, whoops.

Just for reference, I am now at 625 having started the week at 600, with only a single character. I did have pretty good luck with drops (and had carefully saved some from the previous season and week), but it really wasn't too bad. Not nearly as time intensive as leveling for Crota back in the day, or trying for Redrix last season.

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, December 11, 2018, 10:49 (1961 days ago) @ squidnh3

Haha, whoops.

Just for reference, I am now at 625 having started the week at 600, with only a single character. I did have pretty good luck with drops (and had carefully saved some from the previous season and week), but it really wasn't too bad. Not nearly as time intensive as leveling for Crota back in the day, or trying for Redrix last season.

I managed to hit 614 (starting from 598). I had no carry-over bounties except for one Gambit Weekly from the previous week and only one character. The climb isn’t that bad, provided you actually play and do the milestones. I did playbdniugh to get five or six Prime engrams in there too.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, December 11, 2018, 12:17 (1961 days ago) @ squidnh3

The raid also seems to be a great place for Prime Engram drops (unless you are InsaneDrive), so you can start at a lower level and level up as you fail and learn the encounters. I went up +5 levels from our attempts at the first encounter alone.

I guess you could say I've been...

(•_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■) ... Forsaken by the Black Armory.

No Exotics either. If this keeps up, I'm going to have to... *uggg* delve into the Bungie Help Forums.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread