Shaxx <3 (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, December 11, 2018, 13:39 (1934 days ago)

Play Mayhem. You'll see. OMG. OMG. OMG. I can't stop smiling.

RIP

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Tuesday, December 11, 2018, 14:34 (1934 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

Shaxx <3

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, December 11, 2018, 14:55 (1934 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

You want to explain this one? Mayhem sucks—I don’t care enough to go play it.

Shaxx <3

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, December 11, 2018, 15:14 (1934 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Well when you kill someone in their super with your super he screams in a manner similar to how I imagine he screamed during his 'encounter' with Mara Sov…

Grow up Cody. Please. Any day now.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, December 11, 2018, 15:34 (1934 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

I'm not the one who left my helmet on!

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, December 11, 2018, 17:27 (1934 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

Shaxx <3

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, December 11, 2018, 15:39 (1934 days ago) @ cheapLEY

In the few games I've played, he is free'r and sillier in his comments, much like this. It's... kinda nice.

Mayhem + Blade Barrage + Shards of Galanor = Insanity.

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, December 11, 2018, 18:24 (1934 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

As long as I don't miss, I'm CONSTANTLY supered. Like, instantly, all the time.

Which is why the games end real quick. It's crazy.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, December 11, 2018, 18:43 (1934 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

Don't be that guy.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, December 11, 2018, 20:46 (1934 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Like when Tether was broken. It ruined destiny.

Counterpoint: DO be that guy!

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, December 11, 2018, 21:58 (1934 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Like when Tether was broken. It ruined destiny.

Unlike the recent Gwisin cheating that was rampant in Destiny, Mayhem Galanor is intentional, and while super cheap and impossible to counter, is clearly working as intended, so have fun!

Me, I have neither Blade Barrage nor Galanor, so I'm just not going to play Mayhem at all. Win win!

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, December 11, 2018, 22:07 (1934 days ago) @ Korny

Also, Claude was talking specifically abut Mayhem. Everyone is basically Supered all the time. It's not like it matters that Shards of Galanor literally allows him to be Supered all the time.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, December 12, 2018, 07:00 (1934 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Also, Claude was talking specifically abut Mayhem. Everyone is basically Supered all the time. It's not like it matters that Shards of Galanor literally allows him to be Supered all the time.

Using a super every 2 seconds vs a super every 10 seconds is a clear advantage. No different then getting a super every minute compared to every 5 minutes.

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, December 12, 2018, 07:14 (1934 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Using a super every 2 seconds vs a super every 10 seconds is a clear advantage. No different then getting a super every minute compared to every 5 minutes.

That’s silly. Just because the ratio lines up, doesn’t mean they are even remotely comparable. Getting a super every 2 seconds instead of 10 isn’t even in the same county, much less the same ballpark as getting a super every minute instead of every five.

Plus, as I said, it’s Mayhem. Who cares? The game mode is a trashfire already—throwing a few more tires on hardly matters at this point.

Counterpoint: DON'T be that guy!

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, December 12, 2018, 07:19 (1934 days ago) @ cheapLEY
edited by MacAddictXIV, Wednesday, December 12, 2018, 07:44

That’s silly. Just because the ratio lines up, doesn’t mean they are even remotely comparable. Getting a super every 2 seconds instead of 10 isn’t even in the same county, much less the same ballpark as getting a super every minute instead of every five.

Plus, as I said, it’s Mayhem. Who cares? The game mode is a trashfire already—throwing a few more tires on hardly matters at this point.

I would agree if it was a small misbalance or even a medium one, but they can literally sit in one spot shooting their super over and over again as fast as they can spam it as long as they kill just one person.

And the fact that it is an already strong super to begin with makes it even worse. I would care far less if there was a way for a roaming super to be roaming constantly. At least you can kill them.

I took Korny's Advice: I need a shower

by Robot Chickens, Wednesday, December 12, 2018, 09:34 (1934 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Mac is right. It's super-broken and yet... I'm not sure I regret my choices!

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/robot-chickens/video/65372484

by Argent_17, Wednesday, December 12, 2018, 10:34 (1933 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

First things first: That was disgustingly awesome! The only real balancing things I think they should do is weaken the projectile damage the further away an enemy is and not give it as much omni-directionallity. The part where you kill the warlock is an example of the broken nature of the omni-directionality of the super. You begin casting when he is in front of you, but when you actually throw the blades hes pretty far behind/below you.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Thursday, December 20, 2018, 20:52 (1925 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

Never seen it from the player's perspective...you missed at least half of the blades you threw, and Bungie gave you the kills anyway. That second throw, you didn't even know where they were. A literal shot in a general 180 degree FOV. And you got a Double Kill from it.

Tracking that puts ex-Truth to shame, one-hit kills regardless of shields or Supers, and even when they miss, they un-miss.

Playtesting what??

by Robot Chickens, Friday, December 21, 2018, 13:08 (1924 days ago) @ Morpheus

Lol. I'm not going to go too deep down the trail of "it actually takes skill" but I will say that it behaves exactly like many of the other supers.

you missed at least half of the blades you threw, and Bungie gave you the kills anyway.

Where did you get the impression that it should take a certain number of blades to get a kill? A titan's roaming fist of havoc can kill many enemies without using more than half the super. The explosion of a nova bomb has after effect explosions that kill people that may not have been in the area. Tickle-fingers? Hell, I've been hit by a titan shield that bounced off of someone else and hit me. If you think that titan aimed at me, you're kidding yourself.

That second throw, you didn't even know where they were. A literal shot in a general 180 degree FOV. And you got a Double Kill from it.

With the tether super you start the animation and can then move your perspective for the few seconds it takes to charge up and actually fire. You say I didn't know they were there. I did. Like a gunslinger who charges up before going around the corner, I started the animation when I saw their ping, and then turned around by the time I released it.

Tracking that puts ex-Truth to shame, one-hit kills regardless of shields or Supers, and even when they miss, they un-miss.

Yeah, the tracking is strong, but the third person perspective makes it a bit tricky. Those "missed shots" are all straight lines within the cone (not 180 degrees) of release from the character's perspective.

This particular piece of armor in this particular play mode is a bit wonky, but the actual behavior of the super in normal circumstances is fairly in line with the lethality/utility of other supers. The piece that's broken is its ability to chain indefinitely in this one unique mode.

Heh...okay.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Sunday, December 23, 2018, 01:04 (1923 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

Lol. I'm not going to go too deep down the trail of "it actually takes skill" but I will say that it behaves exactly like many of the other supers.

Um.....

Where did you get the impression that it should take a certain number of blades to get a kill?

Because it takes a certain number of Dawnblades to get a kill. Because it takes a certain number of Bladedancer hits to kill. Because it takes a certain number of Hammers to kill! A certain number of shots to kill a tethered enemy--unless the Shadowshot hits dead on, but the reticle has to be red for that. A certain number of Arc blade hits, Shield hits, something!! A Super is supposed to make a job easier, not do it for you. If something can track that relentlessly, has a rate of fire faster than most shotguns, and live real-time error correction, they should not kill in one single blade. And they damn sure aren't supposed to kill in ZERO BLADES. Running around corners or jumping high in the air well ahead of time, and blades that hit the dirt STILL kill you?

A titan's roaming fist of havoc can kill many enemies without using more than half the super.

True, I'm 100% with you on that--I hate Titans! I've been complaining to get Fist of Panic outright removed since Destiny 1. Bungie of course made it stronger, then added a Superman supertracking portable version of it(nice job, guys). But if nothing else...it still has to recharge after it's finished.

The explosion of a nova bomb has after effect explosions that kill people that may not have been in the area.

If they use Attunement of Hunger. And if the opponent has no shield. And if it lasts long enough for them to walk through it. Or if it lasts long enough for them to get killed by it. But under all that...it still has to charge.

Hell, I've been hit by a titan shield that bounced off of someone else and hit me.

Unfortunately, as bullshit as it is, that's by design. That's why they call it the Captain America super. It bounces off walls, ceilings and players like that damn Sonic Spinball. That narrow little staircase area in Pacifica? Eight wall bounces before finding me. 8.

If you think that titan aimed at me, you're kidding yourself.

Oh, he didn't. I know he didn't. You didn't give him a chance. You didn't give any of them a chance. The only people who had a half second to aim and/or fire were the two people who literally just spawned behind you. Segueing into...

With the tether super you start the animation and can then move your perspective for the few seconds it takes to charge up and actually fire. You say I didn't know they were there. I did. Like a gunslinger who charges up before going around the corner, I started the animation when I saw their ping, and then turned around by the time I released it.

Here.

That street alleyway is very shady, and usually hinders visibility. That's why snipers camp(ed) there during Trials. Going through every single frame, I saw no muzzle flash, no visible body, no gamertag or health bar. The only thing I saw when you twirled your reticle/screen in a small circle as you fired up your animation(after you turned, by the way) was a number of damage points that was quickly covered up by a list of the people you killed. I thought to myself "That doesn't make any sense--even if one person couldn't be seen, two people had to be, right?" After combing through the frames a couple more times, I finally figured it out.

'The only people who were aiming at you were the two who literally just spawned behind you.'

No. One.

The second person was directly underneath you. CONE.

But hey, screw it. I'll go ahead and give you the benefit of the doubt. I don't know what was going through your mind, I only have the action and the reaction, so I don't know. So you knew where they were. Fine.

But if that second throw right there isn't enough to convince you of the Blade Barrage's field of view, then the third one--four seconds later--is the straight up holy testimonial. Search in that folder for frame 410(interestingly close enough to my birthday!) You may or may not have meant to, but you soared over him. And at frame four one zero, when those blades were first released, he was so far underneath that he was behind you.

That.

Is.

Full.

Blown.

Three.

Six.

Ty.

The only cone needed is a big plastic one around a Gunslinger's neck.

(It took two games tonight alone since I started typing to get this perfect example. Two.)

Yeah, the tracking is strong, but the third person perspective makes it a bit tricky.

You're damn right, it's tricky:

• Blade Barrage going around a corner,
  • Blade Barrage going through walls,
  • Blade Barrage going around two corners,
  • Indiscriminate instant killing,
  • Universally stops all Supers(even the freaking Nova Warp) instantaneously,
  • Explosions outclassing Rocket Launchers,
  • Aiming in nearly all directions,
  • Varying incendiary fuses,
  • Damage phase at any time, whether animated or not,
  • Full invincibility during throws,
  • Spawn camping with Blade Barrage,
  • Instant use whenever, wherever, at all times...

Yeah.

A Gunslinger can perform all kinds of tricks with this Super. And that's without a six-shot golden gun.

This particular piece of armor in this particular play mode is a bit wonky, but the actual behavior of the super in normal circumstances is fairly in line with the lethality/utility of other supers. The piece that's broken is its ability to chain indefinitely in this one unique mode.

And as for this paragraph, that's only because Mayhem is up right now; Destiny 2's most popular playlist and the fastest way to get Essence of Dawning. How many days will it be before a thread shows up on r/DestinyTheGame with the perfect Exotic armor/weapon combo to replicate this exact crap in Competitive Valor? How many hours!?

No.

No.

No, no, no, no...

POST EDIT:Oh, and for the record, not that that was entirely your fault, but after watching that clip 42 times, I couldn't help but notice something. All seven of your kills from that one spree were off of the same three people.

Ladies and gentlemen, the creators of Halo.

The smallest of nitpicks

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Sunday, December 23, 2018, 04:53 (1923 days ago) @ Morpheus

True, I'm 100% with you on that--I hate Titans! I've been complaining to get Fist of Panic outright removed since Destiny 1. Bungie of course made it stronger, then added a Superman supertracking portable version of it(nice job, guys).

It doesn't track. At all. You get to steer while flying, though.

Heh...okay.

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, December 23, 2018, 05:54 (1923 days ago) @ Morpheus

I hesitate to weigh in here, because, to be honest, I don’t care enough to respond point by point.

I’ll just say my experience with blade barrage in normal play is the complete opposite of yours. It’s totally possible to dodge, you can absolutely kill hunters while they are popping that super, and it’s just generally not that annoying. It’s definitely far below Nova Warp, Spectral Blades, Tether, and Fist of Panic in how bullshit it feels to be killed by.

Far below is a stretch at best.

by Harmanimus @, Sunday, December 23, 2018, 14:43 (1922 days ago) @ cheapLEY

There are a lot of situations I’ve been killed by Blade Barrage in this batch of Mayhem that are infinitely more annoying than anytime I have been killed by FoH or Tether in the whole of Destiny. It can be countered. But it definitely has some behaviors that are poorly telegraphed and it feels like the damage reduction during cast is extreme for how much they move during cast.

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, December 23, 2018, 14:49 (1922 days ago) @ Harmanimus

There are a lot of situations I’ve been killed by Blade Barrage in this batch of Mayhem that are infinitely more annoying than anytime I have been killed by FoH or Tether in the whole of Destiny. It can be countered. But it definitely has some behaviors that are poorly telegraphed and it feels like the damage reduction during cast is extreme for how much they move during cast.

I’m talking about in normal play, and discount what anything feels like in Mayhem, because that entire mode is about as fun as punching myself in the dick.

by Harmanimus @, Sunday, December 23, 2018, 19:28 (1922 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Outside of Mayhem the interactions feel that much worse. Because instead of having to wait 10 seconds out of spawn or whatever to pop super again because I got killed by what was, for all the feedback I receive, a wiff in Mayhem, that might have been during a regular match. Getting knocked out of my super while in the air and around a corner as they cast may be a networking concern, but it feels completely terrible in a way that I’ve never felt from a Tether or Fist of Havoc. And I mean all the way back to launch-and-earlier D1 on FoH casts.

Well Obviously.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Monday, December 24, 2018, 23:48 (1921 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I hesitate to weigh in here, because, to be honest, I don’t care enough to respond point by point.

I’ll just say my experience with blade barrage in normal play is the complete opposite of yours. It’s totally possible to dodge, you can absolutely kill hunters while they are popping that super, and it’s just generally not that annoying. It’s definitely far below Nova Warp, Spectral Blades, Tether, and Fist of Panic in how bullshit it feels to be killed by.

Of course you can dodge the Blade Barrage, obviously.

If you use Blink right as the blades separate.
On the other side of the map.
in Destiny 1.

And listen, I know that half second passes quickly. It's easy to get the timing confused. You can kill them immediately after they toss their Supers. It's how most of them die; right after auto-tracking at least three other players scattered across the cosmos. You'd better pray to whatever non-existent deity up there that you kill 'em before the activate their Super. But you can. (not that it matters because they instantly respawn and just use it anyway, Mayhem or not)

But the only possible way for anyone to kill an active Blade Barrage during its spinning animation is either:

• A)A perfectly timed AoH Nova Bomb(you'll die anyway)
  • B)A Blade Barrage of your own(you'll die anyway)
  • C)Nova Warp if they're close enough to the ground(you'll die unless you're behind them)

No other way. Ever.

Not auto rifles, not rocket launchers, not Queenbreaker's(good luck getting a headshot), sure as hell not with other supers--not even everyone's precious Thunderlord and Savior. You might be able to get them with a ThunderTrack(sure.), but the timing would literally be meteoric.

You show me someone killing a Blade Barrager mid-Blade Barrage with any method other than the three listed or the ThunderTrack super(or kicking them from your fireteam) and I will livestream Mixer my deletion of the only 10 Legendary weapons I use, the only Raid weapon I ever received--and just because they're high level--my Telesto, Sunshot and Riskrunner.

By next Xursday.

It's Not Just Mayhem, Though...

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Thursday, December 20, 2018, 21:18 (1925 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Fantom was helping me with some multiplayer required B.S. for an Exotic quest, and we came across a guy with some Forsaken super. It was basically a cross between Nightstalker and the invisible version of Bladedancer. After nearly our entire team(by the way, team as in SIX PEOPLE) was spawn killed endlessly by this one Super(me personally at least three or four times), I asked him why the Super was lasting so long. Fantom explained to me that on top of the Super lasting a long time by itself, there's a Forsaken-exclusive Exotic that extends the duration of the wearer's Super to match the length of their ISP's next billing cycle. It was 3 minutes and 17 seconds before he was far enough away for us to fill him up with bullets(he was camping, too), meaning if we hadn't been able to stop him, he would've had his Super active for the entire game.

That was in a standard Clash game.

Yes, Mayhem is a trashfire, but we already have enough 1-class only Pay to Win™ trashfire in normal Crucible as it is. I want to be able to feel powerful in all my elements, not watch a Nova Warp guy wipe out the entire map just by opening his arms, or a Hunter double jumping and using two separate supers before he even hits the ground.

by Claude Errera @, Friday, December 21, 2018, 10:09 (1925 days ago) @ Morpheus

Fantom was helping me with some multiplayer required B.S. for an Exotic quest, and we came across a guy with some Forsaken super. It was basically a cross between Nightstalker and the invisible version of Bladedancer. After nearly our entire team(by the way, team as in SIX PEOPLE) was spawn killed endlessly by this one Super(me personally at least three or four times), I asked him why the Super was lasting so long. Fantom explained to me that on top of the Super lasting a long time by itself, there's a Forsaken-exclusive Exotic that extends the duration of the wearer's Super to match the length of their ISP's next billing cycle. It was 3 minutes and 17 seconds before he was far enough away for us to fill him up with bullets(he was camping, too), meaning if we hadn't been able to stop him, he would've had his Super active for the entire game.

The patch on December 4 fixed a bug in that armor piece that allowed extension of your super without needing kills - looks like the game you're talking about happened before that.

Sounds like it sucked to face that - but i've never seen anyone use that vest that well (before or after the bug fix). It's pretty unusual.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, December 21, 2018, 12:10 (1924 days ago) @ Claude Errera

The patch on December 4 fixed a bug in that armor piece that allowed extension of your super without needing kills - looks like the game you're talking about happened before that.

Sounds like it sucked to face that - but i've never seen anyone use that vest that well (before or after the bug fix). It's pretty unusual.

Before the patch, I ran into a few players in comp who kept their supers going for ~3 minutes several times. I only started messing with it myself in the past couple weeks, but even now (post patch) I’ll thpically get 5-7 kills with a single super in Quickplay. It’s pretty insane :)

by Argent_17, Wednesday, December 12, 2018, 10:26 (1933 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Normally I'd agree, but I was the unfortunate victim of thinking that because they finished their blade barrage less than a second before I would have time to round the corner, charge a nova warp bomb and kill him. I was wrong. He went into another blade barrage immediately and killed me in less time than it took to charge the bomb!think next time I will bait him into using it then back around the corner. Maybe throw more grenades like Shaxx keeps telling me to do... :D

Mayhem == Blade Barrage + Nova Warp

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Wednesday, December 12, 2018, 05:47 (1934 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Other classes / subclasses need not apply.

by breitzen @, Kansas, Wednesday, December 12, 2018, 06:31 (1934 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

Other classes / subclasses need not apply.

For real though. :(

It's almost like they are the two broken supers right now...

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, December 12, 2018, 07:01 (1934 days ago) @ breitzen
edited by MacAddictXIV, Wednesday, December 12, 2018, 07:15

I would feel better about Blade Barrage if you could kill yourself with it, like Nova bomb at point blank range.

I would feel better about Nova Warp if it was possible to bring it's shield down. No joke, I don't think I've ever seen a nova warp's shield down and I've seen 2-3 people firing at it at once.

by breitzen @, Kansas, Wednesday, December 12, 2018, 07:53 (1934 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I would feel better about Blade Barrage if you could kill yourself with it, like Nova bomb at point blank range.

I would feel better about Nova Warp if it was possible to bring it's shield down. No joke, I don't think I've ever seen a nova warp's shield down and I've seen 2-3 people firing at it at once.

Yeah the only thing that really counters NW is BB. Although I've come across some bad Nova Warpers and have taken them out with Wishbringer (Fast Firing Energy Shotgun).

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, December 12, 2018, 08:23 (1934 days ago) @ breitzen

Yeah the only thing that really counters NW is BB. Although I've come across some bad Nova Warpers and have taken them out with Wishbringer (Fast Firing Energy Shotgun).

Wavesplitter also melts Nova Warp. I’ve been using it pretty exclusively against Supers, and the only one it doesn’t vaporize is Spectral Blades (a void Super that it should theoretically have bonus damage against).

by Robot Chickens, Wednesday, December 12, 2018, 09:10 (1934 days ago) @ Korny

Wavesplitter also melts Nova Warp. I’ve been using it pretty exclusively against Supers, and the only one it doesn’t vaporize is Spectral Blades (a void Super that it should theoretically have bonus damage against).

I could be wrong, but I think they removed the bonus damage you get against supers based on their element. I might be making that up, but I think I saw it in one of the update notes.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, December 12, 2018, 09:18 (1934 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

I could be wrong, but I think they removed the bonus damage you get against supers based on their element. I might be making that up, but I think I saw it in one of the update notes.

I believe it. You could put all 50 Void rounds into a Gwisin douche, and not kill him. Wonder why they'd get rid of an actually-useful mechanic that encouraged loadout variety (and gave Borealis a solid place as a Crucible Heavy).

by Harmanimus @, Wednesday, December 12, 2018, 12:50 (1933 days ago) @ Korny

But Borealis isn’t a Power Weapon??? And it is a weapon with a function on matching damage types.

by squidnh3, Wednesday, December 12, 2018, 10:42 (1933 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

I kinda don't think that ever made it into the game, period. It might have been in the Beta.

by Harmanimus @, Wednesday, December 12, 2018, 12:49 (1933 days ago) @ squidnh3

There was minor bonus damage from all energy weapons on supering Guardians. It did not require element matching. It was removed at the end of summer when the weapon slot changes occurred.

You can kill a nova warping guardian

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Wednesday, December 12, 2018, 10:36 (1933 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I've done it as a Shield Titan. Block with the shield while they detonate, then quickly throw a shield and block again. If you don't screw it up it's possible to block all the damage until they die, but I think it takes like 3-4 shield hits so it's very difficult.

You can kill a nova warping guardian

by Argent_17, Wednesday, December 12, 2018, 10:47 (1933 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

Before I switched from Slow-va Bomb to Nova Warp I managed to kill a couple nova warpers. One with a charged scatter grenade and some follow up shots and another with 3 shots point blank with a badlander while he was charging a bomb. Made me "Super" proud... :D

Almost?

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Thursday, December 20, 2018, 21:43 (1925 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

There are entire teams now, consisting literally of only one or the other. There's an occasional auto-tracking Superman-style heatseeking Fist of—I can't even say Panic anymore, because BB has certainly replaced that—let's just say Fire and Forget. But Blade Barrage and Nova Warp are the ultimate bullshitters, which is interesting since they compliment each other so well. So far in D2, I haven't come across a single opposing team that didn't have two or more Blade Barragers. There was one game with two BB's and three Nova Warpers. I quit that one immediately. Even for Mayhem, this is horribly unbalanced. I would report every single one of those jackasses, but Bungie's the one cheating, not them. So Who Reports The Developer?

I can predict Bungie's exact words after this mess.
This will either be the Thursday after Mayhem ends or the day after the Dawning.

"Boy, oh boy, oh boy, have we learned so much from all the delicate feedback over the past half-month about Blade Barrage and Nova Warp. We want you to know we're TOTALLY listening to your positive thoughts and constructive questions about this "By-Design" feature. Unfortunately, since it's Mayhem, we can't do any adjustments to these excessively overpowered Supers in Mayhem without making them look normally overpowered in Glory playlists. We do want you to know that we'll be wagging our fingers at those who continue to abuse this. We won't punish you, since we have no activity or statistics tracking whatsoever, but we'll be sighing and shaking our heads at you over the Internet.

We absolutely do not condone this behavior and firmly condemn all the players who use it so often.

NOW, CHECK OUT THIS BLADE BARRAGE MOVIE OF THE WEEK, AND OUR NOVA WARP RUNNER UP MOVIE OF THE WEEK!

Both of these creators will receive our exclusive emblem, hooray!! Do you want our praise and internet fame? Send your Blade Barrage only montages and your Nova Warp fan-art to our Creations page! Wait times may be high as we will likely be worshipping previous Blade Barrage only montages your Nova Warp fan-arts.

<3 Cozmo!"

by Argent_17, Wednesday, December 12, 2018, 10:38 (1933 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

Don't say that! I want more Fun Police on my Team! As a nova warper I blundered into so many tethers loosing my super that I just cast! Other classes can totally make a dent! The only thing is that it seems like only 1 or 2 supers are viable per class in the mayhem playlist.

by Harmanimus @, Wednesday, December 12, 2018, 12:47 (1933 days ago) @ Argent_17

A lot of it is use cases. There are a lot of supers you can’t use in Mayhem the same way you would use them in other PvP situations. There are definitely some that aren’t suggestible, but there are definitely ways to use most of them.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread