Blast from the past - Deeply Flawed, hard mode VoG (Destiny)

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Wednesday, December 12, 2018, 17:30 (1932 days ago)

Hiya!

Cleaning up my youtube channel (that I forgot I had) and stumbled upon this clip. If memory serves, this is the first successful Deeply-flawed raid we completed.

-There is no editing in the clip, it's straight from my PS4
-It is not professional game play
-I am not very good LOL

Just sharing thinking about how fun it was back then, and the friends I've not gamed with in a few years. Hope you all are doing well and enjoying Destiny 2!

(Miss you Kerm!)

Aside from the AR scope and the Ruin Wings...

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Wednesday, December 12, 2018, 21:10 (1932 days ago) @ Revenant1988

...you could tell me this was footage of my perspective during a VoG run and I would absolutely believe you :)

That ending was pretty clutch.

Blast from the past - Deeply Flawed, hard mode VoG

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Thursday, December 13, 2018, 11:13 (1932 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Dinkle BOT!

by digital_ronin, Thursday, December 13, 2018, 12:40 (1931 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Now I suddenly miss Icebreaker and Dinklebot.

It is amazing how far the game as come and it was a deeply flawed game at launch, but there was something special about the initial year of Destiny. Perhaps it was because I never really participated in a videogame community like Destiny's, but I remember reading about cheeses and soloing nightfalls. And working so hard to get ready for the raid.

I know I was grinding things to try to gain power and get exotics, but if felt less like a grind to me for some reason. Perhaps because everything was so new yet. It was easy to find something novel in something you had done many times before.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, December 13, 2018, 14:44 (1931 days ago) @ digital_ronin

Now I suddenly miss Icebreaker and Dinklebot.

It is amazing how far the game as come and it was a deeply flawed game at launch, but there was something special about the initial year of Destiny. Perhaps it was because I never really participated in a videogame community like Destiny's, but I remember reading about cheeses and soloing nightfalls. And working so hard to get ready for the raid.

I know I was grinding things to try to gain power and get exotics, but if felt less like a grind to me for some reason. Perhaps because everything was so new yet. It was easy to find something novel in something you had done many times before.

For the record, the “deeply flawed” part of the the title referred to us, not the game.

by Bigarm41, Friday, December 14, 2018, 11:58 (1931 days ago) @ Revenant1988

I remember that run - classic deeply flawed raid, complete with last minute save as everything went to crap. :) Good times! And I think I fell off the back of the platform at the end, which was also typical for me in VoG...

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread