My Pursuits screen is always full now (Destiny)

by marmot 1333 @, Friday, December 14, 2018, 13:11 (1931 days ago)

I love that there is more stuff to do in the game now. In fact, there is more than I remotely have time to do.

But that doesn't stop me from trying, so I grab all the bounties I can. Lately I've run into a problem, though: I have quite a few longer-term "pursuits" now and they clog up the limited space available.

Between long Exotic chains, Strike & gambit pinnacle weapons, Shattered Throne Purification bounties, Dreaming City weeklies and dailies, and now Forges and Baking with Abuela, I rarely have space to grab the normal daily bounties for gambit/strikes/crucible/clan stuff, not to mention destination bounties. Gambit often awards me another bounty when I finish a match. Then there are the scrapper bounties. Oh yeah, and WANTED bounties! Both of which are actually useful now to get MW cores.

It would be really nice to have about double the space. And... maybe some better sort options while we're at it?

Are other people feeling the pinch of limited pursuit space?

The Four Exotics I Have Is Too Many.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Friday, December 14, 2018, 13:12 (1931 days ago) @ marmot 1333

- No text -

My Pursuits screen is always full now

by Harmanimus @, Friday, December 14, 2018, 19:51 (1931 days ago) @ marmot 1333

I wish we had a quests page again. A page for bounties which can expire, and a list of active long term quests/pursuits.

But ueah. I run out of soace but usually only grab a few bounties at a time anyway. Otherwise I run myself out of glimmer.

Wait A Minute!

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Saturday, December 15, 2018, 08:28 (1931 days ago) @ marmot 1333

I just logged on and noticed the inventory screen—how the hell do you have 50 bounties?! There aren't even fifty things to do in D2!

Wait A Minute!

by Fantom ⌂, Chicago, Illinois, Saturday, December 15, 2018, 08:39 (1931 days ago) @ Morpheus

When I grab bounties I constantly fill my inventory to maximum.
5 - Zavala
1 - Tess
5 - Shaxx
6 - Birdlady
9 - Petra
5 - Ada
5 - Eva(currently)
6 - Drifter
11 - Spider

That's over 50 at the weekly reset.

Not counting the previously mentioned pinnacle quests, exotic quests, starter quests, etc...

I just hate going back to the tower so often to pick up when we switch activity gears.

Wait A Minute!

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, December 15, 2018, 11:22 (1930 days ago) @ Fantom

I don’t do that, I’m still always fighting the cap. The Dawning Bounties add a bunch, I always have a few scrapper bounties, there’s destination vendor bounties, and ethereal key I haven’t used yet, the three tokens to get Wishender, the key things for Escalation Protocol.

In this house, Scrapper Bounties get scrapped

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Sunday, December 16, 2018, 07:34 (1930 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

What’s it like?

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, December 16, 2018, 08:33 (1930 days ago) @ ZackDark

What’s it like, being so rich that you won’t even trouble yourself to bend over and pick up a ten dollar bill?

(:

What’s it like?

by Phoenix_9286 @, Sunday, December 16, 2018, 09:40 (1930 days ago) @ cheapLEY

What’s it like, being so rich that you won’t even trouble yourself to bend over and pick up a ten dollar bill?

(:

Dunno about him, but I scrapped them because I couldn't be bothered doing about 90% of them. If I magically got one relevant to an activity I was doing, or were about to do, great. Otherwise, not worth it.

Also; mine were damn near always for Crucible. And that's just... No. Just, no.

What’s it like?

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, December 16, 2018, 12:16 (1929 days ago) @ Phoenix_9286

I always have like five of them. I just keep them around and hit them when I have the time. If I don’t get them finished, they’ll just expire and I’ll get another.

It’s partly why we need a better solution for bounties, quests, and pursuits. We shouldn’t be having to make those sorts of choices and deleting worthwhile stuff just so we have room to knock out other stuff. It’s silly.

They managed this stuff better both at the end of D1 and the launch of D2.

What’s it like?

by Harmanimus @, Sunday, December 16, 2018, 13:32 (1929 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I will clear crucible and strike ones if I need room. But I try to always do Lost Sector ones. Usually on one of the days I have them they will pair with a different bounty well enough and it is a convenient source for ECs. Which I never feel I get enough of.

Wait A Minute!

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Monday, December 17, 2018, 12:55 (1928 days ago) @ Fantom

Oh right, you guys have the clan and Forsaken...and play Crucible. Yuck.

I guess in Bungie's (rare) defense, they probably didn't realize that with Forsaken there would actually be enough bounties to fill up Pursuits in the first place. I doubt they'd increase it though, since a surprisingly large portion of those are indeed seasonal. If nothing else, maybe it might be easier sacrificing a vendor until the Dawning is over...

I suggest Crucible!

Let's have a bounty to track bounties

by digital_ronin, Monday, December 17, 2018, 09:49 (1929 days ago) @ marmot 1333

I feel like my attachment to Destiny is dying a death of a thousand cuts. Running around checking all the vendors to grab the right bounties to get what I need to play something isn't fun. It's another cut. It takes far too long. And then in the middle of running gambit, a clanmate wants to run strikes. Sound fun, but now it's back to the tower to grab more bounties and waste more time. But I can't pick them all up because I'm full.

I'd probably ignore bounties, and I've started ignoring some, but so many powerful rewards are now tied to bounties that it can't be completely ignored.

Remember Xander 99-40? The bounty robot? It was so nice having one spot to go to get most everything. Remember how a new robot showed up in the reef to offer the same bounties when House of Wolves launched?

But remember how Destiny 2 launched with challenges for each activity? Remember how 3 where automatically tracked and shown for each activity and you didn't need to pick anything up? We just needed a way to preview those from the director prior to launching the activity.

We've become victims of our own designs. We love the positive feedback loop from completing a bouty that we're willing to waste time trying to load into zone and run around to vendors to pick them up. I wish we could have a balance of Destiny 2 launch experience of respecting our time with Forsaken's variety of endgame pursuits. I think untangling the bounty situation would be a step in the right direction

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, December 17, 2018, 09:57 (1929 days ago) @ digital_ronin

I feel like my attachment to Destiny is dying a death of a thousand cuts. Running around checking all the vendors to grab the right bounties to get what I need to play something isn't fun. It's another cut. It takes far too long. And then in the middle of running gambit, a clanmate wants to run strikes. Sound fun, but now it's back to the tower to grab more bounties and waste more time. But I can't pick them all up because I'm full.

I'd probably ignore bounties, and I've started ignoring some, but so many powerful rewards are now tied to bounties that it can't be completely ignored.

Remember Xander 99-40? The bounty robot? It was so nice having one spot to go to get most everything. Remember how a new robot showed up in the reef to offer the same bounties when House of Wolves launched?

But remember how Destiny 2 launched with challenges for each activity? Remember how 3 where automatically tracked and shown for each activity and you didn't need to pick anything up? We just needed a way to preview those from the director prior to launching the activity.

We've become victims of our own designs. We love the positive feedback loop from completing a bouty that we're willing to waste time trying to load into zone and run around to vendors to pick them up. I wish we could have a balance of Destiny 2 launch experience of respecting our time with Forsaken's variety of endgame pursuits. I think untangling the bounty situation would be a step in the right direction

I feel like like the main bounties should be automatic. Things like Destination bounties, Crucible, Strikes. I would be fine with having to pick up weekly bounties, but the daily bounties that are basic shouldn't have to be picked up.

by cheapLEY @, Monday, December 17, 2018, 10:34 (1928 days ago) @ digital_ronin

It’s weird. I totally understand where you’re coming from. I even largely agree.

But that stuff is just such a non-issue for me. I like those moments of having to run to the Tower. I honestly wish there was more reason to visit. I lament auto-decrypting engrams—I liked having a bunch of them to dump on Rahool at once. The new way is totally more player friendly and better, but I still like the old way more.

Maybe it’s just rose-colored glasses and foggy memories, but the D1 Tower felt like there was more stuff to check out, more reasons to visit vendors. I want that back.

Maybe I just have Stockholm Syndrome when it comes to Destiny. I don’t know. I’m all in on Destiny and it’s bullshit right now, though. I’ve never had more fun with it than I am right now.

by digital_ronin, Monday, December 17, 2018, 13:10 (1928 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I like those moments of having to run to the Tower. I honestly wish there was more reason to visit. I lament auto-decrypting engrams—I liked having a bunch of them to dump on Rahool at once.

I agree about the engrams. I think it's what's played into turning tower visits from pleasure to business.

Before going to the tower was something done after running activities. It was a nice break. It meant visiting the postmaster to see what I missed and visiting Rahool to see what my engrams where going to decode into. It was a mini-Christmas morning. And while there I'd maybe appreciate the sites: see some guardian emote, watch a ship fly in, and see the traveler's shards drift across the sky. And then I'd decide what to do next or maybe end my session.

Now, the tower is all business and no fun. It's the first place to go. You need to visit vendors, sigh at how long the menus load, grab some bounties, but not too many, and then wait to load up my real destination.

I guess that's why I'm getting a little bitter about the experience. The tower went from a nice break with some fun anticipation to a checklist.

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Monday, December 17, 2018, 13:09 (1928 days ago) @ digital_ronin

Realistically, the tower doesn't even need to exist. The best upgrade bounties ever got were being able to turn them in from the menu. Why can't we just access them from menu too? Everything we do...100% of it, can be done from the menu, or just sitting in orbit.

The Tower is nothing but a time suck...so why does it exist? And I'm not asking this as a dismissive move, am actually asking, why does it exist? Is there a purpose for us being there? Or is it just... there used to be a purpose but that purpose no longer exists, so now we are just cutting the ends off of the ham.

by Harmanimus @, Monday, December 17, 2018, 14:55 (1928 days ago) @ ManKitten

The big thing, context. What it brings to the setting and the interactions with characters . I do think it could accomplish that is a more streamlined and compact fashion, however. But it also gives you lulls in activity which can improve the overall experience. Though D1 did have a better turn-in loop. And some folks use it as a place to scout out players to play with. Thoythird party apps are generally used by the more hardcore or extant groups not having to rely on it. I usually get an invite once or twice a week while wandering the Tower. Rarely for an activity I’m up for with blueberries, but still. It happens.

Other than the Engram Decrypting mentioned in this thread, the Tower also used to serve as a viable location to get gear, exhange materials, and stock up on useful consumables. But no synths, other consumables being random drops, and the removal of valuable direct purchase gear or the distribution of destination vendors has hurt the Tower for that. Though D2Y1 Tower also suffered for a number of those factors. Some of that is a side effect of the rounded edges in D2’s design ovr D1.

So while I still think the tower has a purpose, the fact that many of the useful facets we used to have are either distributed or missing makes it sometimes feel like an artifact.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, December 18, 2018, 10:09 (1927 days ago) @ Harmanimus

The big thing, context. What it brings to the setting and the interactions with characters . I do think it could accomplish that is a more streamlined and compact fashion, however. But it also gives you lulls in activity which can improve the overall experience. Though D1 did have a better turn-in loop. And some folks use it as a place to scout out players to play with. Thoythird party apps are generally used by the more hardcore or extant groups not having to rely on it. I usually get an invite once or twice a week while wandering the Tower. Rarely for an activity I’m up for with blueberries, but still. It happens.

Other than the Engram Decrypting mentioned in this thread, the Tower also used to serve as a viable location to get gear, exhange materials, and stock up on useful consumables. But no synths, other consumables being random drops, and the removal of valuable direct purchase gear or the distribution of destination vendors has hurt the Tower for that. Though D2Y1 Tower also suffered for a number of those factors. Some of that is a side effect of the rounded edges in D2’s design ovr D1.

So while I still think the tower has a purpose, the fact that many of the useful facets we used to have are either distributed or missing makes it sometimes feel like an artifact.

I also feel like the expansion of the tower with the Ada-1 might help a little bit. At the start of D2 we were coming to the tower to do things that felt mission related. The fact that Ada-1 is having us come to the tower for me than just "grab this" and more mission related makes it feel more alive.

by Harmanimus @, Tuesday, December 18, 2018, 14:06 (1927 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

That is a good point I hadn’t keyed in on. I enjoy coming to visit Ada-1. Just like I enjoy the stops at the Post Master and Cryptarch. The Tower really could use more of that stuff.

Recursive bounties! What could possably go wrong! :P

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, December 17, 2018, 13:12 (1928 days ago) @ digital_ronin

- No text -

Heh.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, December 17, 2018, 14:14 (1928 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

by squidnh3, Monday, December 17, 2018, 13:15 (1928 days ago) @ digital_ronin

And then in the middle of running gambit, a clanmate wants to run strikes. Sound fun, but now it's back to the tower to grab more bounties and waste more time. But I can't pick them all up because I'm full.

I'd say the only real useful bounties at the Tower are Clan (until you get the powerful drop) and Gambit (for the +Infamy). Everything else just gives you tokens (which you may not have 1000s of like me, but are mostly useless). I just pick up some bounties at the beginning of a session that I seem likely to complete, and move on from there. That's usually enough for the 20 bounty weekly drop from Ikora over a few days. If I need some room for planetary bounties along the way, I just delete some.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread