Does anyone know what’s happening with Golem? (Gaming)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Sunday, December 16, 2018, 17:31 (1950 days ago)

It suddenly occurred to me that I hadn’t heard anything about Golem in a while, so I went to Google. It left me somewhat confused. There were a handful of stories published back in March about Golem being delayed until later this year. After that, I didn’t find anything except for a single post back in August that said Golem was still “on track to launch in 2018”. However, that same post also mentions that the Golem trademark had recently expired.

Finally, and most strangely, it looks like another game called Golem actually launched in May of this year on PC (via Steam). This game’s steam page discribes it as “A heart-warming adventure about a young girl and a shape-shifting golem...”

All this to say, it looks like there are some bumps in the road for Highwire, at the very least. Are there any news reports or updates that I’ve missed?

Last I heard was this post by Marty:

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Sunday, December 16, 2018, 19:11 (1950 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Just for you folks.

Worked late tonight on Golem with Jaime.

Soon.

https://destiny.bungie.org/forum/index.php?mode=entry&id=154612

Does anyone know what’s happening with Golem?

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, December 16, 2018, 19:15 (1950 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Highwire's last tweet was on Jul 4th, and reads:

Everything is fine. Just taking a bit longer than @32nds (that's Jaime Griesemer) predicted.

Neither he nor Marty have tweeted anything about the game in the past few months that I can see after a quick scroll-through.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, December 17, 2018, 11:17 (1949 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Last I heard was a fall release was being planned.

Only 4 more days left till winter… so probably not going to happen.

I am guessing that having a small team on a game utilizing cutting edge complicated tech is probably leading to unexpected delays.

by MartyTheElder, Monday, December 17, 2018, 19:08 (1949 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Indie game development is a thing of strange and wondrous beauty.

Sometimes just strange...

It’s coming.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, December 17, 2018, 19:32 (1949 days ago) @ MartyTheElder

Indie game development is a thing of strange and wondrous beauty.

Sometimes just strange...

Did Highwire hire Max Caulfield or something?

Headache alert ^

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Monday, December 17, 2018, 19:53 (1949 days ago) @ Cody Miller
edited by Pyromancy, Monday, December 17, 2018, 20:01

- No text -

Thanks Marty! Appreciated :)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, December 17, 2018, 20:17 (1949 days ago) @ MartyTheElder

- No text -

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Friday, December 21, 2018, 20:16 (1945 days ago) @ MartyTheElder

Thanks! Patiently (well, as patiently as I can) waiting. I’m really excited to see what y’all come up with.

I'll Still Buy A Copy.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Friday, December 21, 2018, 20:30 (1945 days ago) @ MartyTheElder

Granted, I won't be buying a PS4, but that doesn't really matter. I'll be ready!

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread