Q's about Forging (Destiny)

by marmot 1333 @, Friday, December 28, 2018, 22:27 (1943 days ago)

I am confused about how the game decides which options you are given as far as weapon frames and when you receive powerful gear.

I believe my first weapon frame options this week were AR, Sword, and Hand Cannon. I already had/did the AR and HC so I chose the sword. I completed the sword and got a decent roll.

I've already done both the bounties that give you ballistics logs this week. I currently have 1 ballistics log in my inventory.

Cool cool cool, now I want to work on my ARs--but I only have the option to buy another sword frame for 6 Modulus Reports.

My questions:
Did I spend a ballistics log on the first sword frame?

Why can't I currently choose a different frame, like an AR or a HC? I thought last week I could choose between the Pulse Rifle and something else that I didn't care about as much as the Pulse Rifle. However, this week it is only giving me one choice of frame?

If I had chosen a different frame at first (The AR), would I now have the option to grind more ARs for Modulus Reports?

Why does this frame cost Modulus Reports instead of Ballistics Logs?

How do I know when I will get max power gear and when I won't? The only pattern I am sure of is the first "weapon frame" (not to be confused with "research weapons frames") I complete each week will be 650. Sometimes I get other 650 gear when I complete a forge and I'm not sure why. Is this tied to doing each forge the first time each week??

Here's the deal.

by cheapLEY @, Friday, December 28, 2018, 22:43 (1943 days ago) @ marmot 1333
edited by cheapLEY, Friday, December 28, 2018, 22:53

The gold frames available are the same for everyone. This is the first week there have been three to choose from. I'm not sure if it's known if they're on a set rotation of if it's just random, like the Lost Prophecies from Brother Vance.

Each gold frame costs 1 Ballistics Log to buy. So, this week, you could only have done two of them (unless you saved a completed Weekly Bounty from last week).

Once you buy a particular frame, you can buy that same frame again for 6 Modulus Reports. This means you can grind out multiple versions of the same gun for different roles.

You can only hold one at a time, so if you buy one, you can't buy another until you forge the first one. This doesn't hold true for the blue Forge Vessels, though. You can pick all of those up at the same time, if you have enough Modulus Reports. But you can only pick up each of those once per week.

I'm still unclear what exactly happens, but there is a glitch that can cause frames to disappear. If you have a frame that requires a Gofannon Forge complete in your inventory when you complete a frame in the Volundr Forge, the Gofannon frame will disappear from your inventory, and it will disappear from ADA-1's inventory as well. However, you can only buy one frame from ADA-1 at a time, so I don't know how folks are getting multiple frames in the first place.

EDIT: Regarding which drops will be Powerful: I guess I haven't paid enough attention, but I was under the assumption that the gold weapon frames would be Powerful drops the first time you complete them for the week. If you spend a Ballistics Log to buy it, it will be Powerful, if you spend Modulus Reports, it will be a normal drop. ADA-1 also has a weekly challenge for completing 2 Powerful Frames, which I think is supposed to give you Black Armory armor, but I don't know if that's Powerful or not (I assume it would be).

Here's the deal.

by marmot 1333 @, Saturday, December 29, 2018, 00:20 (1943 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Each gold frame costs 1 Ballistics Log to buy. So, this week, you could only have done two of them (unless you saved a completed Weekly Bounty from last week).

That's what I experienced on other weeks, but this week I was only offered the chance to buy 1 gold frame. This is with no weapon frames and one Ballistics Log in my inventory.

I'm still unclear what exactly happens, but there is a glitch that can cause frames to disappear. If you have a frame that requires a Gofannon Forge complete in your inventory when you complete a frame in the Volundr Forge, the Gofannon frame will disappear from your inventory, and it will disappear from ADA-1's inventory as well. However, you can only buy one frame from ADA-1 at a time, so I don't know how folks are getting multiple frames in the first place.

Hmm, I thought that they fixed that already.

EDIT: Regarding which drops will be Powerful: I guess I haven't paid enough attention, but I was under the assumption that the gold weapon frames would be Powerful drops the first time you complete them for the week. If you spend a Ballistics Log to buy it, it will be Powerful, if you spend Modulus Reports, it will be a normal drop. ADA-1 also has a weekly challenge for completing 2 Powerful Frames, which I think is supposed to give you Black Armory armor, but I don't know if that's Powerful or not (I assume it would be).

Yeah, all my gold frames have been powerful. I forgot about that challenge, so that's at least where some PG is coming from. I could have sworn I got even more unexpected high level Black Armory weapons from completing forges, though. I definitely got an AR this week even though I didn't complete or have the weapon frame.

Really odd

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Saturday, December 29, 2018, 06:42 (1943 days ago) @ marmot 1333

I basically did the same thing as you, but I'm 100% sure it lets me pick up another gold frame right now, as it should to you.

Ah, I think I figured it out

by marmot 1333 @, Saturday, December 29, 2018, 08:05 (1943 days ago) @ ZackDark

"Weapon Frame Bounties: We are investigating an issue where players are able to purchase weapon frame bounties when a player's inventory is full, and they don't go to the postmaster. Additionally, players who carry over weapon frames from prior weeks will lose access to one of the new week’s weapon frames after completion of the old frame in that week."

I was grinding out pulse frames last week and carried one over into this week. That frame dropped as a 650 weapon this week, despite it being the non-gold frame (blue? black? I don't have the game open right now.)

That's a bummer it cost me the chance at the new frame this week, though.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread