Guardian Radio calling it quits. (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, January 07, 2019, 22:22 (1907 days ago)

Their next podcast (Monday) will be their final one.

Guardian Radio calling it quits.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, January 07, 2019, 23:18 (1907 days ago) @ Korny

This reminds me.

I wanted to start a podcast where posters here talk with me about a game for an hour. A deep dive. A good way to get to know people here, and to find out about a new game or think about an old one in a different way.

If you'd like, drop me a line with what game you want to talk about. If I haven't played it I will if possible.

No Warframe though Korny.

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Tuesday, January 08, 2019, 07:12 (1907 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I would listen to that.

by metwaf100, Tuesday, January 08, 2019, 07:44 (1907 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I'd love to talk to you about the genius behind this little game called Dark Souls...

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, January 08, 2019, 08:25 (1907 days ago) @ metwaf100

I'd love to talk to you about the genius behind this little game called Dark Souls...

Wonderful. Email me and remind me. We can figure it out. Just click the email thing on here next to my name and it’ll forward a message.

Anyone else?

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Tuesday, January 08, 2019, 11:08 (1907 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I mean....my games are pretty limited, but I can voice an opinion. Sure, why not!

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, January 08, 2019, 11:11 (1907 days ago) @ Morpheus

I mean....my games are pretty limited, but I can voice an opinion. Sure, why not!

Just pick a game and email me!

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, January 08, 2019, 11:28 (1907 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I wanted to start a podcast where posters here talk with me about a game for an hour. A deep dive. A good way to get to know people here, and to find out about a new game or think about an old one in a different way.

cheapLEY, Malagate and I have had a number of these talks, but I guess we're just not quite pretentious enough to think about making a podcast. ;)

If you'd like, drop me a line with what game you want to talk about. If I haven't played it I will if possible.

NieR: Automata
God of War
Horizon Zero Dawn
Hellblade
Bloodborne

That is not a conversation that can be had in a single hour, even strictly from a lore perspective.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, January 08, 2019, 11:31 (1907 days ago) @ Korny
edited by Cody Miller, Tuesday, January 08, 2019, 11:37

cheapLEY, Malagate and I have had a number of these talks, but I guess we're just not quite pretentious enough to think about making a podcast. ;)

NieR: Automata
God of War
Horizon Zero Dawn
Hellblade
Bloodborne

That is not a conversation that can be had in a single hour, even strictly from a lore perspective.

Just pick one. Any of those would be pretty rad actually, particularly Nier. HZD might be interesting because I don’t actually like the game. Be pretentious and email me if you wanna.

Also feel free to pick weird, old, or indie games everyone. As long as the conversation is valuable.

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, January 08, 2019, 13:07 (1907 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I like those conversations, even though they always keep me up hours too late.

Just pick one. Any of those would be pretty rad actually, particularly Nier. HZD might be interesting because I don’t actually like the game. Be pretentious and email me if you wanna.

I really need to finish Nier.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, January 08, 2019, 14:17 (1907 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I like those conversations, even though they always keep me up hours too late.

I really need to finish Nier.

You need to finish it a few times fyi :-p

Halo Reach :)

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Tuesday, January 08, 2019, 15:42 (1907 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Oh boy. :)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, January 08, 2019, 16:33 (1907 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

- No text -

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, January 08, 2019, 16:53 (1907 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

Email me and let's do it.

The best Halo game? Sure, I’ll talk about that any day :)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, January 09, 2019, 07:33 (1906 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

- No text -

Yeah, I can't wait to dive into ODST either!

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, January 09, 2019, 08:06 (1906 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, January 09, 2019, 07:38 (1906 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

I was going to volunteer for any legacy Bungie game, but I could definitely talk about Reach all day (and defend it as canon).

by General Battuta, Wednesday, January 09, 2019, 10:34 (1906 days ago) @ Kermit

I was going to volunteer for any legacy Bungie game, but I could definitely talk about Reach all day (and defend it as canon).

CARTER MUST BE DELETED

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, January 09, 2019, 10:53 (1906 days ago) @ General Battuta

CARTER MUST BE DELETED

I was already thinking I'd compliment your rewrite, and I'm willing to admit the story is flawed, just not fatally.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, January 09, 2019, 10:58 (1906 days ago) @ Kermit

Anything you want.

I think it would be more interesting to have a non Bungie game, or a Bungie game not many people here have played. This should be a learning opportunity!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, January 09, 2019, 11:47 (1906 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Anything you want.

I think it would be more interesting to have a non Bungie game, or a Bungie game not many people here have played. This should be a learning opportunity!

The Last of Us! But I guess a fair number have played that as well. My catalog of games I have much to say about might be rather small.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, January 09, 2019, 12:06 (1906 days ago) @ Kermit

Anything you want.

The Last of Us! But I guess a fair number have played that as well. My catalog of games I have much to say about might be rather small.

That would work.

Steven Seagal is the Final Option

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Wednesday, January 09, 2019, 11:27 (1906 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

by digital_ronin, Thursday, January 10, 2019, 08:21 (1905 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Funny, I've had the same thought but as a twitch stream. One person plays and there are commentators that talk about the game, trying to go deep into the mechanics, critical receptions, lore, design, how the series evolved, other games it influenced, etc.

This series from The Ringer is the kind of material that I like, weaving in personal reflection with game design and history: https://www.theringer.com/2018/8/29/17795406/1998-the-best-year-ever-for-video-games

I'm not sure how you'd tackle massive games like Baldur's Gate (maybe bounce around between saves on stream), but that was a defining game for me.

Other games that would be worth exploring: Dead Space, The Uncharted series, Metal Gear Solid 4, ODST and Reach compared to the Halo 1-3, Deus Ex, Neverwinter Nights, Mass Effect.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, January 10, 2019, 09:55 (1905 days ago) @ digital_ronin

I could talk about MGS4 or Deus Ex all day long with you!

Ico

by MartyTheElder, Thursday, January 10, 2019, 10:18 (1905 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Hmm?

Ico

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, January 10, 2019, 11:18 (1905 days ago) @ MartyTheElder

Hmm?

Sure, we can talk about Ico. Just email me and set it up!

:-(

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Tuesday, January 08, 2019, 07:25 (1907 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

They sure picked a slow news week for it.

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Thursday, January 10, 2019, 16:52 (1905 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread