Day of the Duplicates (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Friday, January 18, 2019, 11:40 (1918 days ago)

Had a little free time this morning - played 3 strikes and did one Forge.

Walked away with 2 Gwisin Vests (already had one) and one Jotunn (already had one).

Whee!

Day of the Duplicates

by cheapLEY @, Friday, January 18, 2019, 11:58 (1918 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Walked away with 2 Gwisin Vests (already had one) and one Jotunn (already had one).

Whee!

I’ll take your spares. I haven’t had a non-quest Forsaken exotic in over two months, and I only have three. Trinity Ghoul, Lord of Wolves, and the Hunter Vest that gives an extra dodge. I try not to let it bug me, the game is great and has enough other options, but it is disheartening. I don’t play as much as you, but I still play a whole lot of Destiny with very few exotics to show for it.

Day of the Duplicates

by Claude Errera @, Friday, January 18, 2019, 12:33 (1918 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Whee!

I’ll take your spares. I haven’t had a non-quest Forsaken exotic in over two months, and I only have three. Trinity Ghoul, Lord of Wolves, and the Hunter Vest that gives an extra dodge. I try not to let it bug me, the game is great and has enough other options, but it is disheartening. I don’t play as much as you, but I still play a whole lot of Destiny with very few exotics to show for it.

There's a rumor that the drop rate for exotics becomes higher if you take a break for a few days.

(My personal, anecdotal experience matches this rumor.)

Day of the Duplicates

by cheapLEY @, Friday, January 18, 2019, 12:40 (1918 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Well, I haven’t played yet this week, so maybe I’ll get lucky this weekend when I do some Forges.

Try doing DIFFERENT activities

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Friday, January 18, 2019, 14:53 (1918 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Than you normally do. Last week, I played Nightfalls for the first time since last season. Got a new exotic on both characters I ran it on. I as well have had a pretty slow time getting NEW exotics (still missing 6 or so ARMOR and I play a good amount), so this was a happy boon for that.

by cheapLEY @, Friday, January 18, 2019, 15:53 (1918 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

Than you normally do. Last week, I played Nightfalls for the first time since last season. Got a new exotic on both characters I ran it on. I as well have had a pretty slow time getting NEW exotics (still missing 6 or so ARMOR and I play a good amount), so this was a happy boon for that.

When I’m active in Destiny I typically do all my milestones on my Hunter and then about half of them on my Titan, so I don’t think that’s it.

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Friday, January 18, 2019, 16:20 (1918 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Ahh, well maybe I am just lucky at that point. Maybe try NOT doing everything for a week or 2 :)

by cheapLEY @, Friday, January 18, 2019, 17:59 (1918 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

Ahh, well maybe I am just lucky at that point. Maybe try NOT doing everything for a week or 2 :)

I think that's sort of where I'm at right now. I love Destiny, I have fun every time I play, but I've done all the things I wanted to do in it for right now. The only thing really left is chasing exotics, and I know that's just an exercise in frustration, so I'll take a break and just play as I feel like it. Stabbim got me back into playing Mass Effect 3 and some Forza, which has felt really great the last few nights.

I won't be gone from Destiny for long, I'm sure. I'll dabble here and there a bit, but I think when The Draw hits later this month is when I'll really jump back in.

by CommanderCartman, Redmond, WA and Jeddah, SA, Saturday, January 19, 2019, 06:13 (1917 days ago) @ cheapLEY

It is never a bad idea to take a break from a game you play!

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread