The Mountaintop, Claude tries to help, and other clips. (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, January 23, 2019, 07:43 (1891 days ago)

I recorded a few clips over the past week or so that I thought were worth sharing :)

The Mountaintop

Finally completed the quest to earn The Mountaintop last night, and I’m really enjoying the weapon so far. I’m not generally a fan of grenade launchers, but this thing really is more of a rocket launcher. It comes stock with a Targeting Adjuster mod, but I swapped that out for a Major Damage mod. Makes it a little less consistent when sniping enemies from long range, but I have more fun bouncing around and firing down from above. It’s great for crowd control.

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/nevindouglas/video/67920303

Izanagi’s Burden

I’ve never been much of a sniper... I’m generally not very good with them. I love using Whisper of the Worm for boss DPS, but aside from that I rarely snipe. Then I got Izanagi’s Burden, and I fell in love with it. It can do stuff like this in PVE:

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/nevindouglas/video/67920647

... and in PVP, I’m hitting shots like this:

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/nevindouglas/video/67920956

I’m not positive, but I’ve heard several players (who were all much better snipers than I am) say that they notice a change in the rifle’s aim assist when they load a super bullet into the mag. They claim that aiming feels “stickier” when using regular shots. I can’t say if that’s true or not, but I do feel like I’m hitting shots with this thing in the crucible that I normally wouldn’t hit.

Claude tries to be helpful

We went up against Riven last night. Our first attempt was running well, until we got to the damage phase. Everyone starts firing rockets, then I hear a large explosion beside me, Claude shouts “Oh no!!!”, someone dies, followed by a whole lot of laughter:

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/nevindouglas/video/67920925

I didn’t actually get to see it, but I’m pretty sure it looked like this:

Jotunn Trick Shot

When you’re not the bravest Skorn, and you try to hide behind that guy you didn’t get along with in Skorn training:

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/nevindouglas/video/67921762

Heh.

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, January 23, 2019, 10:23 (1891 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Never gonna see the Mountaintop for myself (for the same reason I'm never gonna see Luna's Howl), but it sure looks fun!

One of these days, I'll remember that changing subclasses does NOT automatically pick the CORRECT subclass tree. (It remains to be seen if I'll internalize this before or after Speed figures out that putting on Celestial Nighthawk does NOT automatically switch his tree away from Blade Barrage.)

I sniped a lot more in D1 than I do in D2 - maybe it's time to play with Izanagi's Burden. Sticky targeting is my jam! (Wait, or maybe my targeting jam is sticky? Dammit...)

Heh.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, January 23, 2019, 10:45 (1891 days ago) @ Claude Errera

One of these days, I'll remember that changing subclasses does NOT automatically pick the CORRECT subclass tree. (It remains to be seen if I'll internalize this before or after Speed figures out that putting on Celestial Nighthawk does NOT automatically switch his tree away from Blade Barrage.)

And after all that... all the laughing and giving you a hard time for it... we went and ran the nightfall together and I did the exact same thing on my hunter. Switched to "solar", equipped Shards of Galinor, then activated my super a few minutes later and wondered why I was holding a flaming pistol instead of throwing a blade barrage lol

Heh.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, January 23, 2019, 11:56 (1891 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

And after all that... all the laughing and giving you a hard time for it... we went and ran the nightfall together and I did the exact same thing on my hunter. Switched to "solar", equipped Shards of Galinor, then activated my super a few minutes later and wondered why I was holding a flaming pistol instead of throwing a blade barrage lol

I feel you. When I'm playing PvP and I forget that I had hammers on instead of Fist of Havoc. Nothing makes you feel more stupid when you beat the odds of rushing at the enemy and survive to pop your super and all you do is pull out a hammer right before getting gunned down :D

Heh.

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, January 23, 2019, 12:50 (1890 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I feel you. When I'm playing PvP and I forget that I had hammers on instead of Fist of Havoc. Nothing makes you feel more stupid when you beat the odds of rushing at the enemy and survive to pop your super and all you do is pull out a hammer right before getting gunned down :D

lol - the other night, I was 15 feet away from an opponent when he popped Nova Warp. I immediately threw Blade Barrage at him... until I remembered I'd just switched to Warlock, and I died right before my Well of Radiance actually appeared. (Don't think it would have mattered if it had fully materialized; the only way you beat a Nova Warper with a Well is by shooting him BEFORE he reaches you.)

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread