I had no idea... (Destiny)

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, January 23, 2019, 20:45 (1912 days ago)

I just saw this clip. I had no idea that there is a teleporter under the drill.

I had no idea...

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, January 24, 2019, 01:00 (1912 days ago) @ bluerunner

Haha, yeah. Thought everyone on my team was batshit insane the match I figured it out. "Why is everyone suiciding? NO, YOU HAVE 10 MOTES, THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?! Oh."

I had no idea...

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Thursday, January 24, 2019, 05:55 (1912 days ago) @ bluerunner

[image]

That's a game changer, only because I've panicked when almost falling into that well. Where does it transport to?

I had no idea...

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, January 24, 2019, 07:51 (1912 days ago) @ ManKitten

[image]

That's a game changer, only because I've panicked when almost falling into that well. Where does it transport to?

It looks like to the other side of the map (left side) inside the building at the top left side.

I had no idea...

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, January 24, 2019, 08:11 (1912 days ago) @ ManKitten

[image]

Wow, it seems like bluerunner's not alone.

It teleports to the big depression in the back left corner of Steps. It can actually be dangerous to use as a shortcut (if you've just finished clearing Drill, and he says "enemies at Steps"), because you end up surrounded by enemies with no easy exit... but I've used it both as that and as an escape from an invader. (The RIGHT move for the person hiding there would have been to go through, then move immediately to the wall teleporter BACK to drill... you can jump back out and be on the other side of the map when he lands. The biggest problem is that unless your teammates are talking to you, telling you his progress, you're guessing about how fast he's moving, and jumping early might screw things up.)

I had no idea...

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, January 24, 2019, 08:15 (1912 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I didn't even think to look.

I could have sworn that I've fallen to my death in that hole a handful of times. I honestly thought it was bottomless. I guess I just got hit by the drill on those deaths?

I had no idea...

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, January 24, 2019, 08:17 (1912 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I didn't even think to look.

I could have sworn that I've fallen to my death in that hole a handful of times. I honestly thought it was bottomless. I guess I just got hit by the drill on those deaths?

Yeah, the drill is pretty deadly. But if you can't see it, it's safe to jump into the hole; I'm pretty sure you fall faster than it drops.

I had no idea...

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Friday, January 25, 2019, 05:50 (1911 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Man, that's a game-changer. I've always had a beef with that map because I'd believed there to only be one teleporter in the caves, and wondered why there wasn't teleport capability on the other side. I've only ever crossed where the drill is when it's completely up, because the number of times I've died falling into that hole, I'd just figured that meant there was a killbox down there.

I had no idea either! Thanks!

by Oholiab @, Thursday, January 24, 2019, 12:22 (1912 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

It's great when you're Invading, too.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, January 25, 2019, 08:01 (1911 days ago) @ bluerunner
edited by Korny, Friday, January 25, 2019, 08:06

Teleports you right above the poor saps aiming at the opposite side.

I had no idea...

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Saturday, January 26, 2019, 13:53 (1909 days ago) @ bluerunner

I think you need to do it as a team, though since it sends you to a space were there is only on exit and the exit direction has a bunch of enemies including turrets, sometimes. And since you got across the map MUCH faster then your team all of that has nothing other to do with their time than shoot you.

I had no idea...

by Claude Errera @, Sunday, January 27, 2019, 10:18 (1909 days ago) @ Vortech

I think you need to do it as a team, though since it sends you to a space were there is only on exit and the exit direction has a bunch of enemies including turrets, sometimes. And since you got across the map MUCH faster then your team all of that has nothing other to do with their time than shoot you.

Heh - that lines up nicely with one of my biggest uses of that teleporter... CATCHING UP to my team after I stay behind at drill to clean up the dregs they left behind. ;)

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread