A rad indie game (Gaming)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, January 26, 2019, 09:41 (1916 days ago)

Hey.

I found an indie game - a KICKSTARTER game in fact, that's completely amazing. Always nice to be surprised.

Night in the Woods.

Play it. You're gonna get a DBO podcast about it soon. Which reminds me if you wanna talk about a game with me to share with everyone else here, contact me.

[image]

A rad indie game

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, January 26, 2019, 10:21 (1916 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Did we never talk about Night in the Woods here? I’d be surprised if we didn’t.

Yes, it’s great. Maybe my favorite game in this style. Let’s do crimes!

Did you ever play Oxenfree? If not, you should look into it. Very similar style of game, though far different in tone. Actually, maybe not super different in tone. Much less humor and leans more into the creepy, sinister stuff. It walks a fine line between genuine and cheesy, and I think it really nails it.

A rad indie game

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, January 26, 2019, 10:47 (1916 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Did we never talk about Night in the Woods here? I’d be surprised if we didn’t.

Yes, it’s great. Maybe my favorite game in this style. Let’s do crimes!

Did you ever play Oxenfree? If not, you should look into it. Very similar style of game, though far different in tone. Actually, maybe not super different in tone. Much less humor and leans more into the creepy, sinister stuff. It walks a fine line between genuine and cheesy, and I think it really nails it.

It's on the list behind many many games unfortunately.

I've seen narcogen playing it.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, January 28, 2019, 19:07 (1913 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I'm not saying I don't respect your opinion, but to me this fact gives your opinion more weight.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, January 29, 2019, 01:04 (1913 days ago) @ Kermit

I'm not saying I don't respect your opinion, but to me this fact gives your opinion more weight.

He and I are kind of playing different games then (if you can see him, that means he is playing on Steam or console). I played the GOG edition on my Mac. This means no achievements / trophies for me.

This is a game that in my opinion trophies would completely ruin. Explanation in the podcast.

FWIW

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, January 29, 2019, 02:36 (1913 days ago) @ Cody Miller

One can disable achievement pop-ups anywhere and one can stream whatever with the right setup.

About the achievements, though, thanks for the heads-up.

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Tuesday, January 29, 2019, 08:34 (1913 days ago) @ Kermit

FWIW, we really enjoyed playing NITW! (and doing the voices)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, January 29, 2019, 08:37 (1913 days ago) @ narcogen

FWIW, we really enjoyed playing NITW! (and doing the voices)

How was your skill at bass? I was… not so good.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread