Video Game Consistencies (Gaming)

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Sunday, January 27, 2019, 14:52 (1909 days ago)

What are some of your favorite video game consistencies?

For instance, some of mine are

GTA series:
Every time you are passing a vehicle, there is another vehicle approaching in the other lane at the exact same time. This even happens in RDD.

Destiny Series:
Every time you exit your sparrow and begin to run, your sparrow veers in front of you stopping you in your tracks, no matter which side you disembark or which direction you run.

When your task is "Eliminate 20 enemies" the space will be full of guardians killing everything in sight.
When your task is "Eliminate Tarduuk the Bone Devourer" all you see are tumbleweeds.

When you're goofing around, planets are lousy with materials.
When you pick up the bounty to collect materials...nothin.

Video Game Consistencies

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Sunday, January 27, 2019, 19:09 (1909 days ago) @ ManKitten

When you're side-by-side with an AI driver in Forza going into a corner, and you're on the inside, they WILL ignore the presence of your car entirely and turn straight into you.

RT

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, January 28, 2019, 02:42 (1909 days ago) @ stabbim

Guess who gets the penalty

Video Game Consistencies

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, January 27, 2019, 23:57 (1909 days ago) @ ManKitten

What are some of your favorite video game consistencies?

What a cool item, I'd better save it for when I really need it since it's a consumable.

Beat the game without having used it since you kept saving it.

Video Game Consistencies

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Thursday, January 31, 2019, 19:31 (1905 days ago) @ ManKitten

I love the one where you're trying to trigger a Heroic Public Event, but everyone there is either too stupid to learn Monkey See Monkey Do, or are such worthless assholes that they troll-finish the event so you can't upgrade it.

Video Game Consistencies

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, January 31, 2019, 19:51 (1905 days ago) @ Morpheus

I love the one where you're trying to trigger a Heroic Public Event, but everyone there is either too stupid to learn Monkey See Monkey Do, or are such worthless assholes that they troll-finish the event so you can't upgrade it.

Sorry, that's me. I leave the Prison of Elders escapee events alone, since that one outside the Spider is a required Heroic for a quest, but if I just need one more standard Public Event for a bounty or whatever, I'm just going to burn through it. Especially if it's the Spider Tank one.

You absolute monster better stay away from PC

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, January 31, 2019, 20:31 (1905 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

Video Game Consistencies

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, January 31, 2019, 23:14 (1905 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Sorry, that's me. I leave the Prison of Elders escapee events alone, since that one outside the Spider is a required Heroic for a quest, but if I just need one more standard Public Event for a bounty or whatever, I'm just going to burn through it. Especially if it's the Spider Tank one.

[image]

Video Game Consistencies

by Harmanimus @, Friday, February 01, 2019, 14:01 (1905 days ago) @ cheapLEY

But the Spider Tank one is one of the most fun Heroics. If I am trying to clear regular I go do Blights. Most people won’t trigger the Heroic anyway.

Video Game Consistencies

by cheapLEY @, Friday, February 01, 2019, 14:18 (1905 days ago) @ Harmanimus

The Spider Tank is boring! It just stands there stupidly while you shoot it. There’s nothing interesting about it. And the Heroic takes literally more than ten times as long to complete than just burning through the first one and moving on.

Video Game Consistencies

by Harmanimus @, Friday, February 01, 2019, 17:04 (1904 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I mean, basically that can be said for almost every PE. Or at least something similar. Having too many Guardians in any of the PEs makes them boring, too. I find the tanks, even stationary, more interesting than every other PE Boss.

Careful with that

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, February 04, 2019, 02:04 (1902 days ago) @ Harmanimus

Sometimes we burn through the first two Blight spawns so we can trigger the Heroic quicker on the third.

Careful with that

by Harmanimus @, Monday, February 04, 2019, 08:53 (1902 days ago) @ ZackDark

That’s why I pay qttention to what blueberries are doing. No reason to not be conscious while I play. And usually if I burn the Blight one no one else is even doing the event.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread