I think I might need to give my Striker another try O_o (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, January 31, 2019, 05:24 (1884 days ago)

Community: Why does it take so long for balance patches to roll out?

Bungie: we need to take our time thoroughly testing potential updates to ensure that they’re going to work properly.

Also Bungie:

^ I mean this in a loving way... it justifies a little bit of poking fun, IMO ;) <3

I think I might need to give my Striker another try O_o

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, January 31, 2019, 06:44 (1884 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY
edited by MacAddictXIV, Thursday, January 31, 2019, 07:35

Bungie: we need to take our time thoroughly testing potential updates to ensure that they’re going to work properly.

Also Bungie:

^ I mean this in a loving way... it justifies a little bit of poking fun, IMO ;) <3

Yeah... I need to switch to that tree. It's an inferior tree in every way other than you gain super energy on the shoulder charge kill.

I think I could have fun with that in Gambit too... I don't think it would be all that helpful in PvP though.

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, January 31, 2019, 09:53 (1884 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Saw another film on Reddit yesterday - a guy took that tree into the thrall space below the green room on the whisper run. Started down there with a bit over 16 minutes. Ran out of time before he ran out of super.

Lol... awesome :)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, January 31, 2019, 09:59 (1884 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

Holy crap, it gets worse (or better, lol)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, January 31, 2019, 10:11 (1883 days ago) @ Claude Errera

From the first encounter in the Whisper mission to the boss room in a single super O_o

Wow. That looks fun. :)

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, January 31, 2019, 10:35 (1883 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, January 31, 2019, 10:46 (1883 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I ran some blind well with it Tuesday. I could keep my super going through an entire wave. If I timed it right and the other people didnt kill everything too quickly, I could keep it going enough to continue on the next wave.

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Thursday, January 31, 2019, 10:48 (1883 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I thought they said NOT much energy used from the shoulder, but none is clearly a bit ridiculous.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, January 31, 2019, 13:23 (1883 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

I thought they said NOT much energy used from the shoulder, but none is clearly a bit ridiculous.

It still very much uses energy. It's just that they lowered it enough that you get way more for killing plus they upped how fast the Cool down on getting energy from kills takes.

Honestly

by Robot Chickens, Thursday, January 31, 2019, 11:23 (1883 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY
edited by Robot Chickens, Thursday, January 31, 2019, 11:37

Also Bungie:

I think Destiny needs more edge-case power builds. It's so much fun when something is really good at a specific task that doesn't ruin everyone else's fun. This is just like a well-designed gun. Guns that break the game in very specific circumstances (Touch of Malice) are the best when they don't run over the rest of the sandbox (like Gjallarhorn) because they reward a diversity of rolls you can take on as a team.

So how are the other classes faring?

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, January 31, 2019, 15:44 (1883 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Hunters?

(DEEP NNN, your time has come!)

Warlocks?

What wizards?

So how are the other classes faring?

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, January 31, 2019, 20:49 (1883 days ago) @ Korny

I honestly thought single shot golden gun was the go to for boss killing cause it does so much damage, then they buff it by 40%... True, they buffed all of them by 40%, but I don't think the single shot needed it.

Wow - Calus down in < 1 second!?

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Friday, February 01, 2019, 09:28 (1883 days ago) @ Korny

Hunters?

How does Bungie bungle this stuff?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, February 01, 2019, 11:28 (1882 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

Hunters?

I think it's fine and fun!

But, the reliance on 'burn' phases for bosses where you have to do a lot of damage in a short time should probably go away or else every boss will be beaten this way.

by Robot Chickens, Friday, February 01, 2019, 11:37 (1882 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Hunters?

I think it's fine and fun!

agreed

But, the reliance on 'burn' phases for bosses where you have to do a lot of damage in a short time should probably go away or else every boss will be beaten this way.

I am also sick of this. The funny thing is that Crota had burn phases, but they tied it to a particular mechanic that supers couldn’t break. More of that if the burn phase is going to stick around please

So I tried the Striker super...

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, February 01, 2019, 05:35 (1883 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

... with great success in some cases:

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/nevindouglas/video/68514209

... and very little success in others:

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/nevindouglas/video/68514195

Seriously, wtf happened there?

So I tried the Striker super...

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, February 01, 2019, 06:41 (1883 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Seriously, wtf happened there?

You adventured... incorrectly.

Lol

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, February 01, 2019, 06:44 (1883 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

- No text -

Lol

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, February 01, 2019, 06:48 (1883 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

But really, I get the inconsistency of FoH/Shoulder charge in general. I was pissed when this happened.this happened.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread