I solo’d the Shattered Throne today (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, January 31, 2019, 11:44 (1903 days ago)

Finally made my way through Shattered Throne solo today. The whole run went smoothly except for the 2 boss fights (took 2 attempts to get passed the final boss, and 12 attempts to beat the ogre). Now that I’ve got a system down for both bosses, I might go back in and try a flawless solo run.

What a spectacular mission. It struck me today: the Shattered Throne feels like a Halo mission. The length, variety of locations and encounters, sense of awe and mystery and danger... I was getting flashbacks to playing Halo 1-3 on legendary. Now we just need another 8 or 9 dungeons like this one :)

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/nevindouglas/video/68470889

I solo’d the Shattered Throne today

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, January 31, 2019, 11:56 (1903 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I would trade every strike in the game for another mission like The Shattered Throne. In a heartbeat.

Also, congrats!

I haven't been able to beat the Ogre solo, yet.

I solo’d the Shattered Throne today

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, January 31, 2019, 11:57 (1903 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Finally made my way through Shattered Throne solo today. The whole run went smoothly except for the 2 boss fights (took 2 attempts to get passed the final boss, and 12 attempts to beat the ogre). Now that I’ve got a system down for both bosses, I might go back in and try a flawless solo run.

What a spectacular mission. It struck me today: the Shattered Throne feels like a Halo mission. The length, variety of locations and encounters, sense of awe and mystery and danger... I was getting flashbacks to playing Halo 1-3 on legendary. Now we just need another 8 or 9 dungeons like this one :)

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/nevindouglas/video/68470889

Mad skillz.

Even with Munky, when I did it the first time we were struggling to stay alive during the Ogre :-p

Congrats!

by Robot Chickens, Thursday, January 31, 2019, 12:25 (1903 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Shattered Throne feels like a Halo mission. The length, variety of locations and encounters, sense of awe and mystery and danger... I was getting flashbacks to playing Halo 1-3 on legendary. Now we just need another 8 or 9 dungeons like this one :)

Agreed. I think that's why it's so replayable to me.

I got my solo run done last time and I'm working on a deathless solo run. I have a Warlock with a max recovery build that I'm having success with, but it's rough at points. For most encounters I'm using the Well of Radiance with Winter's guile and Crimson to make survivability easier. I can do all the encounters now, but I just need to string them together flawlessly...

You guys are amazing.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, January 31, 2019, 12:31 (1903 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

- No text -

Nice!

by marmot 1333 @, Thursday, January 31, 2019, 14:41 (1903 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

Did you now?

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, January 31, 2019, 18:29 (1903 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Well done.

[image]

(O hi giez.)

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread