All-You-Can-Eat Buffet! (Destiny)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Sunday, February 03, 2019, 08:51 (1902 days ago)

For those noticing the FTB, our Eater or Worlds Raid Lair was earlier this weekend--as it turns out, quite a few of us were buffet virgins, so we had quite a learning experience ahead of us!

This was my first time experiencing Eater of Worlds--or any Raid Lair, for that matter...and man, it was so enjoyable!! Bungie wasn't kidding when they said Raid Lairs would be shorter and less difficult. I think that's honestly what made this so pleasurable. We had to jury rig it a little with 5 players at the start, but we were able to finagle our way across the purple sludge on the principle of No One Eats Until Everyone's Full. A quick and painless battle royale later, we ended up doing the James Bond thing, and working towards the extra chest. Inside the engine of the Leviathan is absolutely incredible--I couldn't help but be reminded of the inside of Requiem from Halo 4. After a very lengthy description of the Cannon, Balls Run sequence of the raid, we decided to 5-man a test run to learn the mechanics of the segment. And damned if we're not the best; we did it on our first try! Chris rung in at the last minute, and managed to teach us the mechanics of the final boss Argos, who(as I mentioned in party chat) looked like an Aegis Wing boss. That one was also surprisingly easy, though I'm still a little confused on the mechanics. Through that entire raid lair, even though I died the most(what the hell?), we only wiped one single time.

That was a really enjoyable experience, and it was definitely one of the most fun times I've had playing Destiny 2 in quite a while! The loot was a little lackluster this time, as I only got a Mask of Sekris and a I Am Alive--both at 380--the gun itself is pretty fun to use, and as a result, finally completed my Emperor armor set.

Super fun night, thanks to everybody for coming, and I can't wait to do this again!!

All-You-Can-Eat Buffet!

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, February 03, 2019, 09:15 (1902 days ago) @ Morpheus

I’m glad you got it done and got to experience it!

The Last Wish and Scourge of the Past have some great encounters in them, but I’d still put Mines and Argos up there with the best of them. Those two encounters might be the best balance of combat prowess, teamwork, and on the fly decision making we’ve seen yet, with a lot of opportunities for cool moments of one player making a clutch play to save a run.

All-You-Can-Eat Buffet!

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Sunday, February 03, 2019, 10:05 (1902 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I’m glad you got it done and got to experience it!

The Last Wish and Scourge of the Past have some great encounters in them, but I’d still put Mines and Argos up there with the best of them. Those two encounters might be the best balance of combat prowess, teamwork, and on the fly decision making we’ve seen yet, with a lot of opportunities for cool moments of one player making a clutch play to save a run.

Agreed, Argos is probably my favorite Destiny raid boss. Takes co-ordination, but not unforgiving.

All-You-Can-Eat Buffet!

by Fantom ⌂, Chicago, Illinois, Sunday, February 03, 2019, 14:06 (1902 days ago) @ Morpheus

Now to do the rest of 'em!!!

All-You-Can-Eat Buffet!

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Monday, February 04, 2019, 10:13 (1901 days ago) @ Morpheus

I don't know if they are easier (especially with the prestige modifiers) but I do indeed like having a shorter option.

Here's The Completion

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Tuesday, February 05, 2019, 20:29 (1900 days ago) @ Morpheus

Just uploaded the final moments with our beamyness. Spoilers, obviously!

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread