Last Word Quest, WTH *sp* (Criticism)

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Thursday, February 14, 2019, 11:09 (1895 days ago)

Spoilers ahead if you haven't completed the Last Word quest.

The mission where you quick draw showdowns for the finale...awesome concept, and super fun.

The fact that you apparently have to shoot your bullet straight down their barrel....garbage and super frustrating.

I've made it to the three guys, but not beat them yet....starting from the beginning each time is so annoying. This has gone from very fun to a pain in the ass. Why is it always like this?

Last Word Quest, WTH *sp*

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, February 14, 2019, 11:33 (1895 days ago) @ ManKitten

Spoilers ahead if you haven't completed the Last Word quest.

The mission where you quick draw showdowns for the finale...awesome concept, and super fun.

The fact that you apparently have to shoot your bullet straight down their barrel....garbage and super frustrating.

I've made it to the three guys, but not beat them yet....starting from the beginning each time is so annoying. This has gone from very fun to a pain in the ass. Why is it always like this?

Yeah, I hated that mechanic and found it super frustrating. Requiring pinpoint accuracy with a gun that doesn’t exactly excel at pinpoint accuracy is needlessly frustrating.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, February 14, 2019, 11:36 (1895 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Yeah, I hated that mechanic and found it super frustrating. Requiring pinpoint accuracy with a gun that doesn’t exactly excel at pinpoint accuracy is needlessly frustrating.

Git gud.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, February 14, 2019, 12:04 (1895 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

It’s even more frustrating when the entire level bugs out and you have to exit back to the circular arena before any of the scripting activates. But, yeah... Exotic Quests should have a bit of challenge, but they should also be throughly fun. Dying several times in a row to a brand new concept was... something else.

Tip

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, February 14, 2019, 12:42 (1895 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

They draw in the order that they spawn. Go ahead and aim at where the first guy's gun will be before you draw. Then you knock him out immediately and have time to swing to the second one that spawned before he draws. Repeat for the third that spawned.

Tip

by Harmanimus @, Thursday, February 14, 2019, 12:50 (1895 days ago) @ bluerunner

Additionally: you have time for two rounds for each of them. If you’re having trouble double tap each one.

Tip

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, February 14, 2019, 12:56 (1895 days ago) @ Harmanimus

[image]

Video evidence

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Thursday, February 14, 2019, 12:55 (1895 days ago) @ bluerunner

They draw in the order that they spawn. Go ahead and aim at where the first guy's gun will be before you draw. Then you knock him out immediately and have time to swing to the second one that spawned before he draws. Repeat for the third that spawned.

The mechanics and concepts are awesome. But this kind of shiz is just frustrating and turned a fun mission into drudgery.

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/mankitten/video/69403297
https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/mankitten/video/69403411

Video evidence

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, February 14, 2019, 13:01 (1895 days ago) @ ManKitten

The first one is why you double tap. The second is something that happened to me as well. That is bugged.

Another tip.

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Thursday, February 14, 2019, 13:26 (1895 days ago) @ ManKitten

Note, you can shot the second it turns blue, don't wait for it to point to you.

Izanami Quest, WTH!

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Tuesday, February 19, 2019, 13:08 (1890 days ago) @ ManKitten

(Please read this as a shot of frustration with a humor chaser. I'm intentionally being hyperbolic in an effort to make my actual complaint entertaining.)

I finished the Izanami Forge quest and ignition last night. It was a really fun quest. Thanks to CougRon for helping me with the Spire Integration event.

But just like the Last Word quest, it had that moment at the end that made me go from "This is highly enjoyable" to "Really?.....Really?"

Near the end of the quest, the mission where you have to hunt down that big Psion. After I've started, and wanted to change weapons I learn that they are locked. It would have been nice to know that weapons were going to lock before the mission started. And then near the end I died...which meant I failed the mission and had to start over.

ok.

It's intended to be a challenge. I'm fine with weapons being locked. I'm fine with the entire mission being a no-respawn zone. I'm even fine with the mission ending if you die. The part that makes me flip my lid is that, after the mission ended, it boots me back to orbit.

Really? Really? Dang, it sucks I have to start the mission over but the slap in the face is, now I have to re-load the planet and travel back to the mission start point. Why!!? All I can think during these moments is "We make games we want to play." REALLY!!!? Is this how you want to play this game!!!?

[image]

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread