The Gunsmith's Apprentice: Open Fire (Fan Creations)

by Dan de Board @, Friday, October 04, 2013, 18:04 (3854 days ago)

Good evening everyone, I'm Dan de Board, over of Bungie and 3D computer graphics student. Tonight I'm here with what I hope to be my continuing contribution to the Destiny community. I've been really inspired by the Destiny Drawing Boards that have shown up here over the past few weeks so I thought 'Why don't I try making my own guns?'

The answer was simple, as you can most likely see.

[image]

While I'm not quite finished with my first Apprentice entry, I thought I'd share with you the Open Fire, a machine gun for the Heavy slot. To go with each finished piece, I'll add a detailed bit of lore behind the weapon. Anyways, enjoy!

Cool!

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, October 04, 2013, 18:22 (3854 days ago) @ Dan de Board

- No text -

Ok. . . so what is your weapon of choice?

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, October 04, 2013, 19:18 (3854 days ago) @ Dan de Board

3ds Max, Maya, Softimage . . .
Blender, Houdini, LightWave, Modo or ZBrush (or even something else)?

Also - a wireframe would be nice. :)

Ok. . . so what is your weapon of choice?

by Dan de Board @, Friday, October 04, 2013, 19:38 (3854 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Maya is what I know, and it's what this was made it. I'm learning zBrush at school currently, and I don't think it'll find its way into my workflow unless I need some crazy high detail on like a grip or a barrel or something.

Reminds me a lot of the weapons in Brink. Nice work!

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Saturday, October 05, 2013, 04:40 (3854 days ago) @ Dan de Board

- No text -

Love the drum

by Axelrod vK, NC, USA, Saturday, October 05, 2013, 13:20 (3853 days ago) @ Dan de Board

Not sure why but the angle of the feeder is awesome to me. I like it, seems cumbersome but perfect for the heavy slot.

The Gunsmith's Apprentice: Open Fire

by Dan de Board @, Friday, October 11, 2013, 20:13 (3847 days ago) @ Dan de Board
edited by Dan de Board, Friday, October 11, 2013, 20:16

Happy Friday again everyone. It's been a busy week at school and at work, but I got the low poly for the Open Fire done.

[image]

Next up is UVs, then get the Normal and AO maps, and finally texture painting. Bonus points if you can guess the decal that's going to make an appearance on this gun. I'll give you hint, it's been in Bungie games before, and it involves fire.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread