Season of the Drifter Patch Notes (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, March 05, 2019, 09:42 (1872 days ago)
edited by Korny, Tuesday, March 05, 2019, 09:52

Patch notes Here!

Sleeper and Whisper hit with some tough nerfs ammo-wise:

-Sleeper Simulant
Reduced ammo reserves (from max 13 to max 9 without armor perks or Masterwork)

-Whisper of the Worm
Reduced ammo reserves (from max 20 to max 9 without armor perks)

RIP Infinite shoulder charge:
Tuned the amount of Super gained from Code of the Juggernaut so the Super could not be used indefinitely
This now has diminishing returns (100% -> 30% energy back over the course of 15 kills)

Season of the Drifter Patch Notes

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, March 05, 2019, 09:50 (1872 days ago) @ Korny

Wardcliff got a huge buff.
• Wardcliff Coil
• PvE damage increased by 115% against boss combatants and scaling up to 160% against weaker combatants

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, March 05, 2019, 09:55 (1872 days ago) @ bluerunner
edited by Korny, Tuesday, March 05, 2019, 10:00

Wardcliff got a huge buff.
• Wardcliff Coil
• PvE damage increased by 115% against boss combatants and scaling up to 160% against weaker combatants

I think this was done to discourage LFR/Queenbreakers in Gambit Prime. Same reason Worm and Simulant were hit with ammo reserve nerfs. Real interesting that for once, the majority of tweaks and weapon balancing isn't influenced by the Crucible (though Gambit is still more of a PvP experience), and will in fact generally benefit people across the PvE spectrum (obviously outside of Gambit).

Now that I think about it, is Bungie just flat-out abandoning Crucible? We haven't had so much as a single new map in over half a year, Trials is dead, it took them just as long to nerf One-eyed Mask, and nothing in the road map has mentioned Crucible at all, other than the lackluster return of Crimson Days...

A Pinnacle Weapon refresh does not PvP content make.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, March 05, 2019, 10:05 (1872 days ago) @ Korny

Now that I think about it, is Bungie just flat-out abandoning Crucible? We haven't had so much as a single new map in over half a year, Trials is dead, it took them just as long to nerf One-eyed Mask, and nothing in the road map has mentioned Crucible at all, other than the lackluster return of Crimson Days...

It's possible they don't want to touch it that much because they have major content for it coming out? Most likely not, but you never know :D

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Tuesday, March 05, 2019, 10:14 (1872 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

It's possible they don't want to touch it that much because they have major content for it coming out? Most likely not, but you never know :D

I’m leaning towards the possibility that there really isn’t a crucible team working on D2 at this point.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, March 05, 2019, 10:17 (1872 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I’m leaning towards the possibility that there really isn’t a crucible team working on D2 at this point.

With the split from Activision, they might have had to cannibalize some teams. Story and Campaign is more flashy and might sell the game better than PvP.

by Harmanimus @, Tuesday, March 05, 2019, 10:20 (1872 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

PvP reliably has lower overall player count engagement. Wonder how it conpares in player hours at this point.

by Harmanimus @, Tuesday, March 05, 2019, 10:19 (1872 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Best thing they could do other than meta-mixing would be remastering more D1 maps, but that is a semi-substantial asset investment given how they redo maps.

However, Iron Banner is also getting a notable mix up with the Iron Burden, etc. so depending on the reward stream it could be refreshing, but that doesn’t seem to be the thing the PvP folks are thirsty for.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, March 05, 2019, 10:17 (1872 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Given that they said not to expect endgame PvP content to return "for the next few seasons", I have some doubts. Especially now that they're no longer with Activision, and PvP maps have to be free to all D2 players, I feel like that's their lowest current Return-on-Investment, which isn't something they're likely to prioritize anytime soon, given their financial predicament.

+1

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, March 05, 2019, 10:18 (1872 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Tuesday, March 05, 2019, 10:59 (1872 days ago) @ Korny

Given that they said not to expect endgame PvP content to return "for the next few seasons", I have some doubts. Especially now that they're no longer with Activision, and PvP maps have to be free to all D2 players, I feel like that's their lowest current Return-on-Investment, which isn't something they're likely to prioritize anytime soon, given their financial predicament.

Good thing to consider before I attempt to reset valor 5 times for the claymore. Probably not even worth it at this point anyway.

Competitive change: Glory wins and losses now doubled.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, March 05, 2019, 15:52 (1872 days ago) @ Korny

If you win, you can reach Fabled twice as fast as before!
If you lose, you drop in Glory rank twice as fast as before.

Overall a more forgiving change, technically speaking. You don't have to win as many consecutive games. And that's pretty much it as far as Crucible content goes.

Source

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread