Just some more videos... and commentary on Thorn. (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, March 14, 2019, 10:45 (1863 days ago)

My team sucked... but wow, look at this comeback!

This round of four kills was fun ‘cause the enemies made it easy:

These three were fun ‘cause I played the angles well and had excellent situational awareness.

Here’s the battle you’ve all been waiting for. My first encounter vs the infamous Thorn. Of course, my The Last Word wins!

Eh... but I only won that one out of sheer luck and an epic miss with a fusion rifle. But look here! Here, I... uh... miss my first four shots and get the kill with a bullet that was very clearly aimed at the wall. Such skill... :/

So far I’ve encountered 4 or 5 Thorns and lost once, and that was in a terrible join in progress game where I was stuck with half the enemy team flanking me. My feel of it at the moment, with an admittedly small sample size, is that Thorn is no more dangerous than any other hand cannon in the Crucible. I was surely threatened more by the IKELOS hand cannon not even counting Thorn’s current rarity. My guess is that Thorn is much better at PvE.

Just some more videos... and commentary on Thorn.

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, March 14, 2019, 11:50 (1863 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I’ve seen a handful of Thorns over the last two nights in Comp. It’s nowhere near it’s D1 power. I’m not going to complain about that—the Thorn meta is by far the most annoying thing that’s ever been in Destiny.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Saturday, March 16, 2019, 10:08 (1861 days ago) @ Ragashingo
edited by Ragashingo, Saturday, March 16, 2019, 10:15

I was not aware Axion Bolts could kill a Guardian at full health...

Similarly, I was not aware that The Vow could shoot through walls...

I am aware that Shadow Shot is largely useless, especially when you fire it directly at enemies in the Crucible...

But, MacAddictXIV and I held the tunnel on Vostok pretty darn well using nothing but Cerberus+1 and The Last Word. Any time we were driven out of our tunnel we'd get right back in. (Shown: Me stopping a shoulder charge with The Last Word, and MacAddict destroying a Sunsinger exiting our tunnel. Not shown? He got the Spectral Blades jerk right after.)

67% done with the Thorn Crucible quest segment, dozens of Shadowshots fired. Only one of them could really be counted as effective. That's this one:

So yeah, if you can get kills in the Crucible with a hand cannon, the Thorn quest isn't too bad. I'd be done by now if I had a Void hand cannon, but The Last Word is doing fine. (Because, it is the best, that's how.)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Saturday, March 16, 2019, 16:01 (1861 days ago) @ Ragashingo

1, 2… oh, 3!

I don’t know what that Titan was using, but it was _super effective._

Good use of powers all around:

I don’t think either of us expected this outcome!

A thorn in the enemy’s side. Yeah… lowercase t. But not for much longer!

And that's it for the Crucible part of the Thorn quest. I originally thought it'd take all weekend. Nah. Now the only hard part, I guess....

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread