About these new quests... (Destiny)

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Monday, March 18, 2019, 06:27 (1859 days ago)

Does anyone know if I have to complete parts this week? I know the Xur ones are for 9 weeks, so I guess I should do that one. But what about the Allegiance ones? I don't have a Drifter allegiance yet. Don't want to miss out on story, this is the 1 part I hate about delayed story releases.

About these new quests...

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Monday, March 18, 2019, 07:23 (1859 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

The allegiance quest seems to not be that important (story-wise) but the Xur quest is an absolute must-do for the cutscene at the end.

by cheapLEY @, Monday, March 18, 2019, 08:00 (1859 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

I assume that as long as you picked up the bounty from Xur, you can do it whenever. But I also wouldn’t be surprised it you can only have one at a time, or if holding one over reset fucks something up.

The Allegiance quest is going to give you a weekly Powerful drop, so you should do it if you want those.

by Harmanimus @, Monday, March 18, 2019, 08:50 (1859 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

If you have done the Vanguard one you haven’t missed out on any story (the dialogue is different, but the overall content is the same) but you might miss out on a PowGram for any character who hasn’t completed it.

The Invitations of the 9 are a linear progression when you do them, so long as you do them 9 of the weekends (assumption) this season. You can complete them on multiple characters to get the gear rewards as well as secure the lore pages faster.

by Claude Errera @, Monday, March 18, 2019, 09:03 (1859 days ago) @ Harmanimus

If you have done the Vanguard one you haven’t missed out on any story (the dialogue is different, but the overall content is the same) but you might miss out on a PowGram for any character who hasn’t completed it.

The Invitations of the 9 are a linear progression when you do them, so long as you do them 9 of the weekends (assumption) this season. You can complete them on multiple characters to get the gear rewards as well as secure the lore pages faster.

Well, 3-9, anyway. (You can complete the invitation on all 3 characters, if you wish, and thereby earn the first 3 pieces of Ecdysis lore this week, instead of 1.)

You wouldn't get all the cutscenes though right?

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Monday, March 18, 2019, 10:54 (1859 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

Good question.

by Claude Errera @, Monday, March 18, 2019, 11:11 (1859 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

Do you think there'll be 9 new cutscenes for this quest? I'd be sort of surprised if there were (that's more than anything else except the original campaign)... but I guess it's possible.

Good question.

by cheapLEY @, Monday, March 18, 2019, 11:15 (1859 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I wondered the same thing. I just assumed that was probably it (maybe one more at the very end), and it would be more like the visits to the Queen. We’ll visit the Emissary and she’ll talk for a minute, maybe The Drifter will say something when we go back to him.

I’d be surprised if we got a cutscene every week.

Good question.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, March 18, 2019, 11:50 (1859 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I’ve lost the Reddit thread where they datamined everything (because Reddit is hard...), but it seemed to be implied that there were at least Mara Sov style voice clips for each week. Cutscenes are possible too but I think I took a nap instead of investigating more.

Good question.

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Monday, March 18, 2019, 13:58 (1859 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I’ve lost the Reddit thread where they datamined everything (because Reddit is hard...), but it seemed to be implied that there were at least Mara Sov style voice clips for each week. Cutscenes are possible too but I think I took a nap instead of investigating more.

My inside source mentioned that there are not cutscenes for each week. He was pretty sure there are for at least the first and last week, and maybe a few more -- but not every.

Okay, so I haven't yet touched this season's content...

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, March 19, 2019, 09:59 (1858 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

except I did the Xur quest last night.

What the hell?

Destiny is weird again. :)

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Tuesday, March 19, 2019, 11:06 (1858 days ago) @ Kermit

except I did the Xur quest last night.

What the hell?

Destiny is weird again. :)

Agreed. It's been enjoyable to see things start to unwind and new stories develop. Drifter is an intriguing character, The Nine are intriguing....whatever they've got going on...it will be fun to see it unfold.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, March 19, 2019, 11:14 (1858 days ago) @ ManKitten

That giant woman scared the crap out of me. I wasn't expecting that.

The Drifter tapes were cool too. I need to find the first one to listen to again because my ancient surround sound system cut out at the beginning of it. I liked how he was warning me about guardians that chose the Vanguard path, such as my titan. Kinda cool to think my own characters are being pitted against each other. Now I just need to finish it on my titan to hear the other side.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread