Next time you rub Scourge of the Past, try Darci (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, April 03, 2019, 08:05 (1842 days ago)
edited by CruelLEGACEY, Wednesday, April 03, 2019, 08:21

Ever since Whisper’s ammo reserves got nerfed into the ground, I’ve been finding more and more raid groups that prefer using Darci against the final boss. Ideally, you’ll need Warlocks with lunafaction rifts or Titan rally baracades to maximize your DPS, but that’s not unusual. The thing that makes Darci so strong is that it hits hard, carries LOADS of ammo (more than double that of Whisper) plus it fires fast and is very stable so hitting those crits is a bit easier than it is with Whisper.

More often than not, if everyone is on point, you’ll 1-phase the boss.

How does one... "rub" Scourge of the Past...?

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Wednesday, April 03, 2019, 08:10 (1842 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

If you have to ask... You don't want to know.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, April 03, 2019, 08:15 (1842 days ago) @ Speedracer513

- No text -

Dammit! Lol

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, April 03, 2019, 08:21 (1842 days ago) @ Speedracer513

- No text -

Dammit! Lol

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Wednesday, April 03, 2019, 08:30 (1842 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Cruel, I noticed that you tried to edit your post to fix your typo... Please note that I have the ability to re-edit your post to make sure the typo stays intact for prosperity, and will continue to exercise that ability as needed. ;-)

Admin abuse! Call... umm... someone!

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, April 03, 2019, 08:55 (1842 days ago) @ Speedracer513

- No text -

Abuse? Nah. That there is an admin doin’ his job!

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, April 03, 2019, 09:51 (1842 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

- No text -

Is the Xbox DVR embed code not working?

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, April 03, 2019, 08:22 (1842 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

Nope.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, April 03, 2019, 08:27 (1842 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

They changed the domain. :(

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, April 03, 2019, 09:40 (1842 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I've updated the code; I probably should have made it more flexible (since my change broke OLD links; I'll fix that eventually), but new ones are fine now.

Maybe fixed universally

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, April 03, 2019, 09:53 (1842 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I THINK I made the change work properly for both xboxdvr.com and gamerdvr.com links. If someone runs across one that doesn't work, please let me know.

Thank you, Claude! <3

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, April 03, 2019, 11:11 (1842 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

Next time you rub Scourge of the Past, try Darci

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, April 03, 2019, 09:04 (1842 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I don’t want to come off as elitist, but . . . why?

The crit spot for that boss is like the size of a bus. It’s the easiest boss I’ve ever seen to hit crits on. It doesn’t even move during damage phase!

It’s literally the perfect boss for Whisper use.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, April 03, 2019, 09:43 (1842 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I don’t want to come off as elitist, but . . . why?

The crit spot for that boss is like the size of a bus. It’s the easiest boss I’ve ever seen to hit crits on. It doesn’t even move during damage phase!

It’s literally the perfect boss for Whisper use.

For me, the main problem is ammo. Without any sniper reserve perks, Whisper now holds 9 rounds. While the boss is almost the perfect Whisper target, he does have an annoying habit of twitching and flinching just often enough that I’ll miss the occasional crit. Not many, but enough to interrupt whisper’s perk 1 or 2 times per damage phase. There goes my ammo.

There’s also the issue that with Whisper, I can’t use any of my ammo to take out the boss’s shields. With Darci, I can spare a couple rounds to break shield generators, and still have plenty left for DPS. So if I want to use Whisper, I pretty much need to bring a 2nd sniper rifle for dealing with shields. I can make that work, but it isn’t ideal.

There’s also the raw DPS comparison. I’ve 1-phased the boss 3 or 4 times now, and they were all done using Darci. It’s possible to 1-phase with Whisper as well, but it seems to require closer to perfect execution.

Finally, there’s the fact that running Whisper means any Warlocks in the group can’t use their lunafaction boots. Switching to Darci means the boots can go back on, which opens up all kinds of possibilities to use other weapons very effectively. For example, in a run last week I unloaded my Darci super quick, then switched to Mountaintop and used that for the 2nd half of the damage phase, bringing the boss down. If you’re doing damage at close range, you can use shotguns very effectively. Basically, using Whisper comits the whole team to that 1 weapon, or else you sacrifice damage output. And if anyone runs into ammo problems, they’re stuck with very few good options.

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, April 03, 2019, 11:11 (1842 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I thought they fixed using Whisper with Lunafaction.

What you said makes sense. And I’m glad for it. Whisper is honestly such a boring gun, and I seriously hope Bungie designs around “use Whisper” as the main strategy.

D.A.R.C.I. is the best!

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, April 03, 2019, 09:49 (1842 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

Here he goes again!

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, April 03, 2019, 10:47 (1842 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

Here he goes again!

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, April 03, 2019, 10:49 (1842 days ago) @ Korny

Yeah... except this time expect a bunch of flubbed Crucible shots and Raid team wipes. :)

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread