The Revelry- New MTX event (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, April 10, 2019, 09:02 (1837 days ago)

Infinite Forest returns once more!

The Revelry- New MTX event

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, April 10, 2019, 09:16 (1836 days ago) @ Korny

I really need to have a chat with the people designing those Titan shoulder pads...

Wooo, glad they are continuing to use that Infinite Forrest!

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, April 10, 2019, 09:44 (1836 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I really need to have a chat with the people designing those Titan shoulder pads...

To be fair, all three armor sets are just reskinned versions of the first Playstation armor sets (with antlers). Not much you can do with the D2 design philosophy at launch.

I hope they fully flesh it out one day, but events like the Haunted Forest and this one really serve to highlight the potential of the place.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, April 10, 2019, 11:11 (1836 days ago) @ Korny

To be fair, all three armor sets are just reskinned versions of the first Playstation armor sets (with antlers). Not much you can do with the D2 design philosophy at launch.

So you're saying that Xbox finally gets the playstation exclusive armor!? woooooo.

I hope they fully flesh it out one day, but events like the Haunted Forest and this one really serve to highlight the potential of the place.

I like that they are still using it. I honestly don't know if I want them to put a large amount of resources to really use the potential and waste those resources on other new content or if I'm just happy to let them do little changes to it...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, April 10, 2019, 12:21 (1836 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

So you're saying that Xbox finally gets the playstation exclusive armor!? woooooo.

I mean, that particular batch of armor has been available on Xbox since Forsaken dropped.
That said, it’s the first that’ll be available with Year 2 perks, so yay! The Hunter’s chest piece and helmet look neat, and they’re the ones I wore during Y1.

I like that they are still using it. I honestly don't know if I want them to put a large amount of resources to really use the potential and waste those resources on other new content or if I'm just happy to let them do little changes to it...

I mean, given its modular tile-based design, really all they’d need to do is add more tiles, enemy types, and objectives, and you’ve got a lot of content for the least amount of work. Worked out just fine for DE for the past five years as a stopgap between mainline content drops.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, April 10, 2019, 12:48 (1836 days ago) @ Korny

I mean, given its modular tile-based design, really all they’d need to do is add more tiles, enemy types, and objectives, and you’ve got a lot of content for the least amount of work. Worked out just fine for DE for the past five years as a stopgap between mainline content drops.

Yeah, I bet they can add new tiles and enemies and stuff. I wonder how hard it is to add new mission types and other mechanics? I mean they did change it up a little bit with the Haunted forest. Well, here is for hoping!

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Wednesday, April 10, 2019, 09:39 (1836 days ago) @ Korny

Do you think being bestowed with Light eliminated allergies? Otherwise, time to load up on the Xyzal, Clariten, Benedryl and Zyrtec. You ever sneezed in your space helmet?
Not.
A.
Pretty.
Sight.

Bungie.net link

by marmot 1333 @, Wednesday, April 10, 2019, 10:05 (1836 days ago) @ Korny

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/47736

I must have the dragonfly ship...

Bungie.net link

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, April 10, 2019, 10:14 (1836 days ago) @ marmot 1333

While the event comes with barely reskinned armor, the Eververse armor looks neat and mostly distinct, so there's something nice to chase here:

[image]

Also, nice to see the datamined Kinetic Fusion Rifle is finally getting into the game:

[image]

Bungie.net link

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, April 10, 2019, 11:12 (1836 days ago) @ Korny

While the event comes with barely reskinned armor, the Eververse armor looks neat and mostly distinct, so there's something nice to chase here:

[image]

The titan looks like he left his pants at home

Bungie.net link

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, April 10, 2019, 12:55 (1836 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

That's the best place to leave your pants!

I mean... You're not wrong.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, April 10, 2019, 12:57 (1836 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

Bungie.net link

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Wednesday, April 10, 2019, 13:09 (1836 days ago) @ Claude Errera

That's the best place to leave your pants!

He was talking to his friend, Bob Sacomano, when he realized he needed to return his pants. So he was off to the store. He waited so long for the train so he started hoofing it through the tunnel, when all of a sudden, he tripped and fell into some mud, ruining the very pants he was returning.

Now THAT’S a Peterman

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, April 10, 2019, 13:19 (1836 days ago) @ ManKitten

- No text -

Bungie.net link

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Thursday, April 11, 2019, 10:32 (1835 days ago) @ Korny

[image]

Also, nice to see the datamined Kinetic Fusion Rifle is finally getting into the game:

[image]

I will forever voice my displeasure with symmetrical robey warlock outfits

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, April 10, 2019, 12:19 (1836 days ago) @ Korny

Fill your tonic with Reveler’s Essence by killing bosses in the Verdant Forest or completing other activities. Three different tonics will reduce the cooldown of your grenades, melee, or class ability. Choose which buff you prefer and let the sparks fly.

The more pieces of Inaugural Revelry or Vernal Growth armor you equip, the more potent the tonic will be. The powerful effect applies to every activity in the game except Private Matches. Revelers will even be more dangerous in the Crucible.

Ok. Ya got me Bungie, that sounds like fun. I'm in. I'm going to need to sort through my vault though. What a pain. I might just delete all my "Stat" kit, as I'm only visiting now. Still painful, all that... "work"*ugh*.

I take it no one here will mind me jumping into their instance yes? 'Cus I don't know what my timetable will be, and it would simply be a whole lot easier to just fill an open spot VS trying to build up a team in the builder.

Or I'll try soloing it. See how rusty I've become, I don't know.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread