Destiny Comic Collection Vol. 1 available for Pre-Order (Destiny)

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Thursday, April 11, 2019, 10:09 (1832 days ago)

On the Bungie Store for $ 19.99

[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]

Jiminy, that's beautiful

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, April 11, 2019, 10:49 (1832 days ago) @ kidtsunami

- No text -

Do want.

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, April 11, 2019, 11:05 (1832 days ago) @ kidtsunami

Bungie is really good at separating me from my money.

+7

by Harmanimus @, Thursday, April 11, 2019, 12:18 (1832 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

Cool! Needs more Levi though. ;D

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, April 11, 2019, 15:26 (1832 days ago) @ kidtsunami

- No text -

Destiny Comic Collection Vol. 1 available for Pre-Order

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, April 11, 2019, 18:01 (1832 days ago) @ kidtsunami

Is it just me, or does the Bungie Store charge more for shipping than any other online retailer I know?

by Harmanimus @, Thursday, April 11, 2019, 19:20 (1832 days ago) @ Kermit

It’s pretty on par for most entities providing similar products that are not being fulfilled through a major retailer. (I think it usually just seems like a lot because free shipping is so common now. I usually balk when I see the shipping but follow through anyway)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, April 11, 2019, 19:40 (1832 days ago) @ Harmanimus

It’s pretty on par for most entities providing similar products that are not being fulfilled through a major retailer. (I think it usually just seems like a lot because free shipping is so common now. I usually balk when I see the shipping but follow through anyway)

$12 to ship the comic. Maybe because i'm on the East coast.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, April 12, 2019, 07:11 (1831 days ago) @ Kermit

Trust me, try going into a Fedex and ship something half way decent size... it's scary how cheap shipping from amazon is.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, April 12, 2019, 10:00 (1831 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Trust me, try going into a Fedex and ship something half way decent size... it's scary how cheap shipping from amazon is.

Yeah, I get it. Part of it perception is due to the fact that a lot of my shipping activity involves Amazon, but the shipping for Music of the Spheres was half this, and I should think they're both comparable in weight.

by Harmanimus @, Friday, April 12, 2019, 15:08 (1831 days ago) @ Kermit

USPS Priority 3-day will be about 8-13$ for most shipments in the weight range of a hardcover comic. Which is under a medium Flatrate, and far under FedEx (over 58 dollars for the closest equivalent a quick Google caught me, so take that with a pinch of salt) and overall about what is to be expected unless you get free shipping. Not sure if the vinyl release of MotS was using some specific type of shipping that may have allowed for lower costs, though.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, April 16, 2019, 07:49 (1827 days ago) @ Harmanimus

USPS Priority 3-day will be about 8-13$ for most shipments in the weight range of a hardcover comic. Which is under a medium Flatrate, and far under FedEx (over 58 dollars for the closest equivalent a quick Google caught me, so take that with a pinch of salt) and overall about what is to be expected unless you get free shipping. Not sure if the vinyl release of MotS was using some specific type of shipping that may have allowed for lower costs, though.

It's probably purely based on what deals Bungie, as a company, has with shipping companies and taxes and all that jazz. I highly doubt Bungie is trying to make money off of shipping :D

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread